• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Rides

Yeah, that was a weird one. It had one drop. The entrance to the drop felt pretty sharp in the dark, and for a brief second it reminded me on the first drop of Saw. But before I'd had time to finish that thought we were leveling out and hitting the brakes.

To me, it kind of looks like they were playing RCT3 (As Planet Coaster didn't exist in 2005...) and they devised all of this wonderful theming and backstory, but forgot to build the coaster itself, so quickly put up a very short layout.

Speaking of backstory, I'm not even sure what Reaper's is...

Also, does anyone know why no other Dungeons attraction received a coaster ever?

It was unique to Amsterdam. They got that instead of a drop tower.

As far as I know, that building is not "theming", but a real chapel next door to the Dungeon, that they were able to aquire. There may have been some kind of "you have to restore it first" clause. There was certainly a "you can't trash the place" clause!

The track itself was custom designed to fit the unique space, and sat on a ground frame like a traveling coaster, so as not to damage the floor. (As you can see in the RCDB gallery).

It was unique to Amsterdam. They got that instead of a drop tower.

As far as I know, that building is not "theming", but a real chapel next door to the Dungeon, that they were able to aquire. There may have been some kind of "you have to restore it first" clause. There was certainly a "you can't trash the place" clause!

The track itself was custom designed to fit the unique space, and sat on a ground frame like a traveling coaster, so as not to damage the floor. (As you can see in the RCDB gallery).
I never knew that! Thanks for the info @DiogoJ42!

Looks more like a monorail, I wonder how the coaster will be propelled? By the motion of the swaying of the ship o_O ?
I wonder what it would be like to ride in a storm force 10 gail

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I used to work the cruises, you don't need rides on them during the rough seas, just try sitting still in a chair that's not fixed to the floor o_O

The best thing to do during rough seas, was to walk down the stairs at the bow end, your feet levitates from the stairs as the ship rides the waves

Last edited:
Oh god, this is one cred I’m not going to be getting. Probably ever.

Going on a cruise would literally be my worst nightmare. Imagine being trapped for days on what is essentially just a highly compressed, floating Las Vegas. But now with a roller coaster sat on top of it too. :eek:

I used to work the cruises, you don't need rides on them during the rough seas, just try sitting still in a chair that's not fixed to the floor o_O
An office chair on wheels. Speeding from port to starboard via the bow

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk