• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

I've just noticed that the Vekoma logo is the wrong way around on the Stingray trains! Take a look at the logo...

712009120914Vekoma_logo2007_ridesmanufacturing_grey.jpg

And then the image I posted above...

br6a40s000ohqu0dcpn3ee.jpg

D'oh! :p

Wouldn't cost a huge amount to make one of those a semi-dark ride affair!

Indoor, near misses, theming - could actually be a serious quality attraction could that. Obviously completely dark may miss the point a bit, but it's layout lends itself quite credibly to a kind of Space Invader affair. (Obviously not that theme!).

Looks a great little ride!

TheMan said:
Wouldn't cost a huge amount to make one of those a semi-dark ride affair!

Indoor, near misses, theming - could actually be a serious quality attraction could that. Obviously completely dark may miss the point a bit, but it's layout lends itself quite credibly to a kind of Space Invader affair. (Obviously not that theme!).

Looks a great little ride!

That is a very good idea, a flier like that in the pitch black could be themed brilliantly - it'd be even more thrilling having no idea where you were going on a flier than in a normal sitdown car I'd imagine, especially with inversions.

I quite expected lots of people to come up with reasons it wouldn't work as a dark ride haha!!

The knowledge in this place bamboozles me sometimes - so I'm very pleased you guys like the idea....

Right....

Off to look for some change behind the sofa to start saving up for one ;D

Will you all visit?

TheMan said:
Right....

Off to look for some change behind the sofa to start saving up for one ;D

Will you all visit?
Sure! :D :p

Not really quite as strange as most of the rides posted in this topic, but interesting nonetheless...

4471hvls0qpjc76sci7000.jpg

h8tdosri28s000682ng3b6.jpg

Those two photos were apparently taken in 1926, according to the coasters RCDB page. It was called 'Gebirgsbahn' and operated from 1913 until 1929. The way the track follows the station roof top reminds me of a ride I made a while ago:

Conundrum-111202200424000.jpg

*end of plug* :p

That's literally the only information I can find regarding the ride. Spooky? :p

Your coaster and that Woodie don't look dissimilar dude!!

Nice find though, that's an amazing compact coaster that wouldn't look out of place in any modern park!

Well, perhaps they'd upgrade the railings eh? Rather than the straw or old shoelaces they seemed to have used in that picture ha-ha!

;D

Oh and it will be a pleasure to have you visit Al, have a free fast track all day pass on me!

Only just noticed how bad the railing are on that ride! Hahaaaa! :p
If a modern park rebuilt that, I'd expect them to keep the aerodynamic trains as well! :p

And thanks! If you ever have a park, I'll hold you to that offer!

:p

It looks like someone went into the woods behind the park, and cobbled a ride together from the fallen brances lying around...

It was the 1920s, they probably did!

I still LOVE the look of that layout ;D - and as Al points out, the aerodynamics of the car!

EDIT:

Also funny, only closer inspection, how everyone looks like either a chimney sweep, or politician!

OK, here is a video of a Vekoma Boomerang. Nothing unusual right?

Would you ride it.....?

:eek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3TfYNerBmQ[/youtube]​

I don't see how that's any different to the other 46 Boomerangs out there?

But that mouse looks win! An original and fun layout that I really want to ride!

DiogoJ42 said:
I don't see how that's any different to the other 46 Boomerangs out there?

But that mouse looks win! An original and fun layout that I really want to ride!

It was less the coaster and more the...

fact they were welding it just before they got on it!

There used to be one of those at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach, it was the weirdest thing. The highlight was that bunnyhop thing at the bottom of the spiral which slammed your head against the ceiling due to the lack of any restraints. A so bad it's good kind of ride.

Hahaha - they look mad don't they!!

And for the record, if you're going to call a coaster Toboggan, at least make a BIT of effort to make it look like one! ;D

That looks like a cross between This:

postman-pat-pedal-car-md.jpg

This....
1936-fiat-topolino.jpg

And this:

_44315728_shoe_ap416.jpg