• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

The Chaos Vekoma Illusion is very similar to the ride at Bobbejaanland.

(R)evolution is a super ride. It's literally, crazy. When you spiral back down, there's a moment when you come out into the middle - the screen above you. You can just see train everywhere - it's such an amazing moment.

As a non-drug taker, I reckon riding it is the closest I will get.

:D

Some of the weirdest Corkscrew supports I've ever seen:

0gpau0dcqm2nvc3bkg0053.jpg

These belong to Hurricane, a Togo coaster at Himeji Central Park in Japan. POV, anyone?

Hurricane Togo Looping Roller Coaster Front Seat POV Central Park Japan

If you still can't see the weirdness, check these photos out from TPR:

93601_1178115913_136.jpg

ch_6_07_136.jpg

93601_1178115913_136.jpg

:p

Tim said:
Gerstlauer have just released a video of their own version of the Junior Boomerang. As you'll see from the video it has an interesting way of extending the ride time:

Ok Corral Gerstlauer Family Shuttle

RCDB page for Gold Rush at OK Corral

So the unique selling point of their family shuttle coaster is ... it's not a shuttle coaster. I fail to see the point. If the park wants to offer more ride time, surely they could just send the train again on a standard shuttle.

Thinking about it a bit more, they could have almost exactly the same ride experience with a full circuit coaster and just one lift hill. They'd need the same lift mechanism and a flat section at the top with some kicker wheels.

The coaster could do the forward circuit twice then they could push the train backwards on the third climb. All you'd be losing is climbing the lift hill backwards out of the station which is no great loss to the ride experience.

Shuttle coasters are supposed to save money. With Gerstlauer's variants, you're paying for the cost and maintenance headache of two separate lift hills with none of the benefits. I don't get why any park would buy them over Vekoma's version. Maybe they're really cheap.

And we're letting this lot build SW7?

... Ok then! :D

Some of the premier launch coaster stations do that but its because they are shuttle coasters and allows them to load one train whilst the other runs to boost throughput. God knows why they needed to add it to that coaster.

They do it so that the people who want to ride standing up queue one side and people who value their health can queue on the other platform. It's not a bad way to keep the two separate in my opinion.