• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Strange Roller Coasters

That banking going into the twists is just incredible. Even my first attempts at NL were better than that!

Someone broke the physics... :p

Even better is the guy just taking a casual stroll through the ride area while it's running at the end!

Anybody else fancy Roller Coaster Tycoon One : The Ride! [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0QCTza7CfM&feature=relmfu[/youtube] ;D

RyanY said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lnFt1stI4k&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

I think this is quite strange, and the pacing of this is awful.

Woah, that completely loses pace after the second inversion - that must stall so many times on the last run into the brakes it's going so slowly!

RyanY said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lnFt1stI4k&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

I think this is quite strange, and the pacing of this is awful.

:eek:

I can only describe that as utterly, utterly s***e from start to finish. Seriously, who made that? Who even designed that? What a joke! The park owners must be morons to allow that to be built!

They may as well have just stuck ¥1002506400 down the bloody grid as buy that! :p

I did some research into these Vekoma copies a few weeks back, and amazingly that ripped-off SLC layout has in fact been re-ripped-off by two other Chinese companies. Here's Seven Ring Suspended Looping Coaster (built by the world-renowned Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co) testing at Jinling Happy World. Those of you that have read the topic about the 11 inversion coaster Journey to the Stars (currently being cobbled together at the same park by the same manufacturer) may remember the photos of this.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ltcl2Vc2GmI[/youtube]

Video by Sonikku Tetsune, who posted this in a comment on vhcoasters.com's Chinese SLC Guide.

As the train crests the lift hill it looks like it's been designed moderately well to start with, but then the illusion comes crashing down in hilarious/wince-inducing fashion when it hits the immelman. My, what a masterfully engineered element that appears to be!

Never before have I actually laughed at an element on a coaster but that Immelmann is just ridiculous. Even without any of the assumed roughness, the hang time would be so uncomfortable.

Cheese said:
I did some research into these Vekoma copies a few weeks back, and amazingly that ripped-off SLC layout has in fact been re-ripped-off by two other Chinese companies. Here's Seven Ring Suspended Looping Coaster (built by the world-renowned Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing Co) testing at Jinling Happy World. Those of you that have read the topic about the 11 inversion coaster Journey to the Stars (currently being cobbled together at the same park by the same manufacturer) may remember the photos of this.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ltcl2Vc2GmI[/youtube]

Video by Sonikku Tetsune, who posted this in a comment on vhcoasters.com's Chinese SLC Guide.

As the train crests the lift hill it looks like it's been designed moderately well to start with, but then the illusion comes crashing down in hilarious/wince-inducing fashion when it hits the immelman. My, what a masterfully engineered element that appears to be!

Whoever commissions these designs is insane - the coaster just isn't tall enough/have a steep enough drop to justify such large elements! It's basic physics?

That.

Is.

Tragic.

Does anyone know if there's a video Flare Meteor at Fantawild in China?

slc_173.jpg

Built by Golden Horse! :p

Edit: Just realised there's more than one. Four to be precise, in even more obscure parks. :p

The one I posted above is this...

4.jpg

And one in Taishan...

5.jpg

What is China's fascination with copying SLCs? If they were a really good ride type I could understand but there are only a handful of the genuine Vekoma versions that are in a good enough condition to not give you a cranial bashing. Maybe they're just so simple and easy to make that it's the only ride type they can clone.

Also Maurer Söhne spinners seem to have quite a few clones and we all know how reliable the real ones are...

On the subject of Golden Horse I was just looking at their website to see what other companies are represented there. Most of it was fairly standard but then I spotted this take off of Mack's SuperSplash:

1341283931034593.jpg

It seems to be missing one of the crucial elements ;)

Good point although there is a SuperSplash in existence without the hump at one of the SeaWorld's (and another without the turntables but that one looks very different). It was probably the SeaWorld ride they based the design off. I'm also willing to bet this is a simple shoot ride like Tidal Wave rather than a Water Coaster but with those supports it's fairly obvious where the idea came from.

Surprised I've not seen this yet!

576px-Takabisha_under_construction_3.jpg

Takabisha at Fuji-Q Highland in Japan.

Gerstlauer on Drugs?

Yep, worlds 'steepest' coaster and I think I'm right in saying in the last Eurofighter before SW7.

Probably the closest we can expect SW7 to look like as well, lots of tight knit elements and the small cars with lapbars.

mrbrightside said:
Yep, worlds 'steepest' coaster and I think I'm right in saying in the last Eurofighter before SW7.

I think that Iron Shark is the last Eurofighter before SW7, and that has the normal Eurofighter cars but with lap bars. :)

And I hope more Eurofighter use that new system as the POV of it makes it look much better than a normal one.