• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Submission to be removed

BenBowser said:
Or they can extent the oblivion queue round there and use the centre support as theming. Oblivion's queue is mostly themed with parts of old rides anyway. :p

Extend the Oblivion queueline?! It already takes long enough to walk around as it is ;)

So let me get this straight. The admission price has increased to £48, we have lost a thrill ride, there are still no kiddie coasters and all we are getting is a repaint and rehash of existing attractions to bring in the family market.

:/

PeteA said:
So let me get this straight. The admission price has increased to £48, we have lost a thrill ride, there are still no kiddie coasters and all we are getting is a repaint and rehash of existing attractions to bring in the family market.

:/

You seem to have not noticed the new show and other attractions the CBeebies Land is getting...

The ridership of Submission was so low I doubt people will even notice it's gone...

Ok so I've found a video of the back arm working, but not both at once, anyone have one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQtQT26rp2c#

I've found pictures too, but alas, no Video.

27490.gif

thefatone said:
The admission price was £48 last year....

It was £46.20 at the start of the 2013 season.

James said:
I hardly think the removal of Submission warrants a decrease in ticket price. :p

I havent said anything about a decrease in ticket prices, I commented on an increase with a removal of one thrill ride

Benzin said:
You seem to have not noticed the new show and other attractions the CBeebies Land is getting...

The ridership of Submission was so low I doubt people will even notice it's gone...

Well Cbeebies land is not aimed at me, so a show with some people in cbeebies costumes prancing about a stage is something that I will not be seeing.

People will notice Submission has gone and if we are just basing riderships of particular rides, then Battle Galleons should be gone, Maurauders Mayhem never has a queue, so should be gone and likewise Heave Ho.

I certainly am not going to be jumping up and down for joy because Submission has been removed. I didnt much care for the ride, but this is just highlighting Altons lack of certain types of attraction. Their thrill flat ride selection is incredibly poor for the UK's number one park, just like other areas have also been ignored.

Shame really, but hey ho....

PeteA said:
I certainly am not going to be jumping up and down for joy because Submission has been removed. I didnt much care for the ride, but this is just highlighting Altons lack of certain types of attraction. Their thrill flat ride selection is incredibly poor for the UK's number one park, just like other areas have also been ignored.

To be fair, the same can be said for many other theme parks. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is my favourite theme park, however they do not have any thrill flat ride (although that may be set to change this year). Six Flags Great Adventure has a Topspin and a Sky Flyer thingy, hardly a great selection. The lack of thrill flat rides in theme parks is fairly common. We are a little bit spoilt with what can be found at Thorpe Park.

:)

Yes we are spoilt because of Thorpe Parks selection, but in an ideal World, should the UK's largest and most popular theme park have only two thrill non-coaster rides.

But when Drayton Manor have 4 (havent included Apocalypse) and a plethora of family spin rides and then kiddie spins, somethings not quite right is it? Even Flamingoland have 3 thrills, with lots of supporting family flats.

Six Flags is well known for its aging fairground flat rides, but when the parks are full of coasters, flats take a back seat for me ;) My main priority in parks I dont often get to, is the coaster selection. :D

Another factor that is missing at Alton is mixed areas. They are mostly either all Thrill (X-Sector, Forbidden Valley) or Kids (Cbeebies land, Cloud Cuckoo). Now if they replaced Submission with a kiddie play area, that would be a 100% better for families and wouldnt split them up.

A couple of family rides in Dark Forest wouldnt go amiss either... But that as they say is another topic alltogether !! ;D

Just got the brilliant news.

It won't be missed.

But they'll probably won't even cover the space, let alone replace it, which is pathetic but expected.

I have been on the rear arm of Submission, it was working at the start of 2012(?) whilst the front arm wasn't in operation.

I think the 2013 season Submission only operated with the front side (although they did try with the back once), but during 2012 it certainly ran each side, just not at the same time. I seem to remember during the start of the season they used the back arm, then the front arm later on. There are photos of me on FB on both arms during 2012 :p

I don't have to provide evidence, I'd like to think my word has been proven enough in the past.
Anyone could have seen it happen, just clearly no geeks were around to take a photo.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I seem to remember being there one day last season and someone said it was running both sides, but by the time I ventured into X-Sector it was back down to one.

How often did it operate both sides, and how was the reliability?

It did look good running with both arms, it generally did until about 2007 when it got cranky.

I never saw it run with both in 2013 but I know for a fact it did as they where working on trying to get it running both again. A few people I know saw it running but I guess it still wasn't happy doing so.

As the ride was refurbished anyway, they must have found a major issue with it during winter maintenance. Otherwise, why remove it.

It was like The Swarm's heart line roll, safely capturing everybody's phones at the bottom. Finally giving the park's envirophone account a purpose once more. :p