• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Sueing for the weather..

Adam James

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Wild Mouse, BPB
...sounds rather odd doesn't it? :p

Unfortunately some people feel it's justifiable in this economic climate. In fact, the owner of a Devon adventure park is planning to sue the Met Office for what is described as 'overly pessimistic' forecasts. Apparently, this has made people think twice before booking online to visit the park (which is also getting a family rollercoaster next year).

It's a weird article, but here's more info!

Ha, what a great Merlin style publicity stunt! Do you have any news regarding this family rollercoaster at The Big Sheep?

For a moment I lost all faith in humanity. I thought that a guest was sueing a park over the weather for a moment...

:p

Ian said:
For a moment I lost all faith in humanity. I thought that a guest was sueing a park over the weather for a moment...

:p

I feel even worse/facepalmish. I feared it was a Drayton visitor complaining about Drayton's rainy day guarantee "not working" or something out of the ordinary.

Wow, that will certainly look different in its new home! I'm not too sure if I'm too keen on rollercoasters at the big sheep, a part of me liked the British daftness of the attraction, the home made, farm park feel. Although, at the same time it's always good to see new attractions!

I've met Rick on numerous occasions, he's had that coaster for a couple of years banged up in storage I believe (I also know how much he paid for it, but that would be rude to reveal!).

Bizarre this, I was only going to do a thread on his park a couple of days ago and found this!!

He got a little more than he bargained for, when he struck up a conversation about theme parks with me, at a business meeting we were at.

;D

Well... not very often than opportunity arises is it?

His park may come across as a bit random - but I assure you, as a businessman, he is anything but what his park suggests. One thing though, he recognises above all else, is the importance of having happy staff!! That IS his primary focus of that park, as that delivers great service to customers.

Rick is certainly no sheep when it comes to running his enterprises... a very clever businessman indeed!

(He started it, because he didn't think he'd make a very good farmer by the way!)

Oooh, I never knew that Coaster had been saved :) I never got a chance to ride it in Metroland.

It looks nice in that setting doesn't it?

I hope Rick does it justice and themes it well... he's got my number if he wants to get opinions ;D

Shall we all get down there with some paints and wool and get cracking?? :p