• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SW7 Competition

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Tomorrow meaning today... Silly Wilsy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

To answer a few questions raised in the thread, we had several hundred entries! Such a wonderful turn out and some really impressive responses.

Once the winner has been revealed we will post a few of our favourite responses, some were very funny, some insightful and others just odd, and a few people couldnt count to 100 and missed the countdown above the text box - whoops!

I know the 100 word thing was just for fun and has no bearing on who wins, but can the winner's entry be posted as well, even if it wasn't one of the team's favourites? :p

JoshC. said:
I know the 100 word thing was just for fun and has no bearing on who wins, but can the winner's entry be posted as well, even if it wasn't one of the team's favourites? :p

Once the winner has been revealed we will post a few of our favourite responses

From TS News
Last month, as a Christmas treat for our members, and to say thanks to everyone who’s supported TowersStreet since we launched, we offered an exclusive chance to win a fantastic Alton Towers Resort package, containing:

- A one night stay in the new SW7-themed rooms for the winner and three friends
- Park Entry
- Complimentary Fasttrack
- An exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of SW7!

The response to the competition was fantastic, with hundreds of entries containing a remarkable variety of answers to why TowersStreet users felt they should #getcorrected. A few of our personal favourites will be posted on the forum later this evening!

However, there can only be one winner, chosen at random by Alton Towers themselves. Drum roll please…

TowersStreet would like to wish Ben Kingston a massive congratulations on winning the exclusive Resort package!

But before he gets to go and enjoy it, we get to embarrass him by publishing his answer!

“I’ve stared at the logo; my eyes are now spinning, All I can do is think about winning. What will it be like? It all seems a mystery, But I’m confident this ride will go down in history. 75 days ’til the ride comes alive, Enter one end, but will you come out the other side? To win this prize I’m in with a shout, But I’ll have to #getcorrected in order to find out…”

Thanks to everyone who entered – we’ve had great fun reading through all your answers – huge congratulations to Ben, and a massive thank you must also go to Alton Towers themselves, for offering us this exciting and exclusive opportunity. We hope all of our members are having a fantastic 2013, and we look forward to bringing you all of the latest Alton Towers news and information this season!

Firstly, congrats to Ben for winning the competition, it’s a wonderful prize.

A few people have asked to see some of the competition entries, so I’ve spent the afternoon choosing some of my favourites from the hundreds of submissions that we had. (I've used forum usernames were appropriate)

Linda O
i wanna get corrected... so i can be affected, i wanna be accepted, by the ministry of joy! where the big smiles begin... (am i going to lose a limb...?) or maybe start to sing, for the ministry of joy. so let the marmalation start! i can feel my racing heart! please, let me take part, at the ministry of joy. :)

Bear
I am an accredited and duly effective repellent of BISON. After spending 6 sensational months guarding some princess-in't-towers from the ravenous beasts, I became weary and sought shelter on popular Alton Towers discussion forum Towers Street. My journey has been long and arduous, some say I have become maddened and psychologically misarranged, some say I ate some dodgy mac n' cheese and have gas, in any case I'm sure Dr. Kelman would be delighted to have a poke around my noggin for some answers. I beseech thee, mighty Towers Street overlords; put me forth to #getcorrected!

Michael C
I am the chosen killer of the NEMESIS, the one that will ride AIR with the QUEEN OF SPEED in order to defeat my enemy. Whom wields a RIPSAW which can drive our dreams into TERRA and destroy the TH13TEEN demons which haunted us back to the towers of HEX. For a long time we only survived from the nutrition provided by NUTTY SQUIRRELs, we paraded round in DRIVING SCHOOL cars until we were forced to BATTLE GALLEONS with a gargantuan DUEL to destroy the HAUNTED HOLLOWS with our BLADEs until they are obliterated into OBLIVION.

craig.walton.184
Towers Street, I need help.. Well Towers Street, it all began in 1984 with a piece of steel, a few inversions and an unbelievable story. Then came a hole in the ground and "Don't look down!" Then I had to soar like a bird. Can you see why I'm messed up. Oh and don't mention that number! Towers Street I need to GETCORRECTED.

Hannah P
Recent restorations have disturbed me. I have been dormant for so long. A silent scream echoing through the ruins of the Towers. The doctor kept me locked down. Vicious animal caged in a Sanctuary. Now I am free to roam. No one can stop me from correcting myself. You must help me! Save me before it's too late. Grant me the opportunity to prove my smile with your secret weapon. I will be better. I await your judgment Ministry. Patient XII

Dagan
Living in the same house as fellow TST-ers has caused major mental damage that needs serious correction.

Adam James
I believe that I should win the chance to #get corrected because I thoroughly believe... *wait.* *this answer isn't supposed to be serious?* Okay. I should have a chance because I like the colour orange. I also only like Christmas because of mulled wine. I find JLS annoying, but lie about disliking One Direction as they can actually hold a tune. I'd love Morwenna under my Christmas Tree. Finally, I genuinely would love to stay in the new room as I need something new for my CV. It'll get me places. Danke.

Badgy
I'm old and old people shouldn't have to drive to towers and back in a single day. Clogging up the roads with their flat cap style driving and being in danger of falling asleep because I've missed my afternoon nap. Now staying at the hotel, what better way to releive the pressure on the already busy road network and possibly prevent a major pile up on the motorway. You know it makes sense,

Joel Pt
I laugh at things I shouldn't, Like people falling over and sick jokes. If anything I need correcting!

Oliver C
Doctor Kelman have been inspired by the show Undercover Boss and wish to see behind the scenes at our revolutionary new project down at our latest testing facility. It will allow me the chance to observe how my employees and those who passed the advocate trials are doing. After all we are the market leaders in social compliance treatment and need to ensure that they are all corrected and leave with a smile upon their face.

Tim
...of the legend: It was on a cold winter's night in 1998, when the rumble of track signalled the return of the almighty John Wardley back to his vision, Alton Towers. As the cart neared the edge a mysterious figure suddenly appear at the mouth of the pit. Wardley impatiently demanded of the operator why the carriage had stopped. With arm outstretched the Lord of Darkness pleaded with Wardley for the privilege of a ride. Wardley cruelly dismissed him and instructed the operator to return to their post. Scorned the Lord implied a curse... To be continued... #getcorrected

Emma L
The pink elephant who lives in my room keeps laughing and making fun of me, and if I get corrected then he may finally move out and leave me alone!

Andrew K
Why I should win the chance to #getcorrected? Springing this question upon we was so unexpected! So give me a moment to get myself collected.... I promise I'll be done for when T-MOJ have erected... Their latest endeavour which this time, must be perfected... I'm on my knees begging to be one of the advocates selected! Wondering what Dr Kelman has on his file, rocking backwards and forwards-DOESN'T MATTER - JUST SMILE For the love of god get me corrected, i no longer want to risk being infected! Please don't cast this one on the pile of rejected!

Joseph
When I was 4 my parents made a mistake! To Alton Towers they me did take! From there on in I was hooked, at my school books I never looked! Once or twice a year I have to go there, to enjoy the rides without a care. Nemesis, Oblivion, Rita, Thirteen, on all of them I have been. River Rapids, Log Flume too, Spinball Whizzer I love you! I can't wait to ride SW7, I will be in total heaven! Please, Oh please let me be selected, Cause I'm the one who should #GetCorrected!

BowMan
*-INTERRUPTION-* ERROR OCCURRED. DIVERTING... Hello. My name is Dr Kelman. I hope that the reader is well. If not, why not enjoy a Sanctuary check-up? Just like one of my patients. He had the nickname of 'BowMan' online and I am certain that he would benefit from a refreshing check-up. We are however, unable to take him in. Maybe he would benefit from staying in our new facility opening in 2013 in the Alton Towers Hotel and a look at our new development? Thank you for reading and I hope you are able to accommodate him. *-DIVERTING-*...

James
It was a cold Autumns night, the moon glistening over the lake of the Towers estate. "Hello, my name is Doctor Kelman" I hear from the faint distance, The Sanctuary, a facility they say that will help you #getcorrected - but what does that mean? The answer they say, is by experiencing carefully designed treatments. These treatments did not work for me. They say a new facility will open in 2013, the ultimate of treatments - the Sanctuary was the beginning of something bigger. The only way to #getcorrected is to step up and face a new transilient treatment.

Dan C
I have been a theme park fan ever since Wohn Jardley designed Nemesis, the world's first launch coaster in 1995. Since then technologies have advanced and so have rides, which can be seen in the sequel ride; Nemesis Sub Terra, which is the world's tallest drop tower. I think I should have the chance to #getcorrected by riding SW7, Vekoma's brand new ride for 2013 at Alton Towers. Clearly I need help, I'm just all wrong! Please help me #getcorrected TowersStreet. PS. Happy New Year!

JayTricky

The SW7 Prayer, by JayTricky. Our Secret Weapon, which art from Gerstlauer Unknown is thy name. Thy construction come, Will soon be done, At Alton Towers as it is in the X-Sector. Give us this day our daily updates, and forgive us for using our fastpasses. As we secretly hate those who fastpass against us. And lead us not into Oblivion, but deliver us from the Nemesis. For the Towers is our kingdom, the excitement, and the magic. Forever and ever Amen

MuttLee
Competitions are always my Nemesis, my entries always seem to fall into Oblivion when they should be given the chance to be Air-ed. But with such a good prize it was time for Submission, and after Thirteen attempts I'm entering with my Enterprising answer.

Katy G
I recently had a consultation with the lovely Dr Kelman, and was incredibly looking forward to his procedures to help me keep my smile forever. However on my way to my appointment to check in at the Sanctuary I was made late by a commotion caused by some ruckus clowns that I think had escaped from the local circus. My visit is way overdue! I would love to win your competition, check into one of those lovely rooms at last, and finally get around to those splendid treatments we planned. I think he said it would involve Marmalisation? Correction?

Of course these are just my personal favourites, and the rest of the team may have some other entries that they would like to share.

Overall the standard was very high and clearly many of you put a lot of effort into your entries.

Congratulations Ben. I'm sure this will be a fantastic experience. Well done to TST and Alton Towers for making this prize available to one of the many enthusiasts! Good job all round :)

Looks like you put a bit of thought into your 100 words which is good too!

*grinds teeth* ;)

Congratulations Ben! I hope you enjoy the prize! Thanks again to TowersStreet and Alton Towers working as one to offer this to the whole community, it's much appreciated by every one of us and I think it's great a site that has not even been operating a year was able to get something this special offered to the community. So thank you to the team and Alton Towers!

Congrats Ben & big thanks to Towers for giving this opportunity to TST :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.