• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SW7 Competition

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I somehow doubt whatever plans the team has got, that it's got to do with something being revealed about SW7. Any news like that, such as the name, would be revealed via a press release by Alton Towers themselves. Yes, it could be revealed on here as well as via a press release. Although the wording of the Facebook status/Tweet suggests that it's nothing to do with a reveal of the ride name and is something a bit bigger than what people are thinking...

Some of Rob's guesses on page 12 seem likely. Exclusive photos sent by Towers, new piece of marketing and release of concepts seem like the most likely ones out of Rob's guesses.

I'm sure what will be happening on Sunday though will be something very exciting and special. :)

Islander said:
Viking River Splash at Legoland was heavily delayed - it was always advertised as opening Easter 2007, but then got pushed back a number of times and eventually opened mid August. Clearly not a good situation, but it hasn't exactly been damaging in the long run.

However, it of course goes without saying that it would be better to avoid any such situation (to put it exceedingly mildly)...

A fair point, I don't follow other park developments as much so wouldn't have known that. I do think this would (at least initially) be more damaging on the parks' image. Alton Towers is a big name in the UK and has a certain expectation by the general public. If Alton Towers delay what will be the biggest thrill ride to have been built in the park in the last decade (2005 you could argue) they will disappoint a huge chunk of guests that will be visiting in March expecting it to be open.

I don't think Alton Towers even realise at times that they are the most well know theme park in the UK. If they don't stick up to their promise they'll be dealing with a lot of disgruntled customers come March.

I still firmly believe it will be open by March, even if it's not fully complete (theming and 'experience' wise that is). Th13teen just goes to show they will work 24/7 is they need to and work to the bone to get a ride open on time.

Of course it does not damage their image in the long run, but initially it is not good PR. Splash Landings is a great example of this, the hotel was not finished on time and they were left with a lot of bad PR, angry customers and money lost. They know something like that needs to be avoided.

Obviously bold words by me. But if I get it wrong then I get it wrong. I can't really certify any of the above as I know nothing about how SW7 is progressing. I'm solely basing my thoughts on the way Alton Towers have dealt with developments in the past and from what I heard from Th13teen and Sub-Terra's constructions.

Islander said:
Nah, I think it's easily (in relative terms :p) possible. Either use big enough motors (could be less powerful than, say, a rapids lift-hill motor), or stick a large-ish counterweight at the top of the mechanism, and therefore require a small turning force.

As engineering problems go, I think this one would be fairly easily surmountable.

Can't really argue here, as I'm no engineer. :p I just cannot imagine a system in my head being able to turn the system around with ease. But then if you say it's possible, I take your word for it. :)

I still doubt this washing machine idea though. I'm still certain we will either see a trick-track or no secret element at all. :)

I think it's fair to say there will be at least nine inversions. We know of 8, and we have seen track that is clearly a barrel roll, and since that doesn't fit the plans it must be inside. But I don't think there is enough space to fit another two inversions in the inside section. So I doubt we will see an inversion record.

If what's to be revealed on Sunday is is the name, then I think that makes it less likely that the name will be The Smiler. Because we already have known about that name for ages, so if that was TST's 'big reveal', it'd be a little bit disappointing.

Johno said:
Perhaps #getcorrected is to do with TSt correcting the TT theory of the secret element?

Although it could be something relating to that, I'm sure the reason that they have used the #getcorrected hash tag is because Towers have been using it in all of their marketing.

:)

I suggested earlier in the Shoutbox that the announcement may be something related to a form of marketing that will take place over Feb half term. I'd love to see MoJ guards patrolling the entrance into X-Sector as a lot of people will still go to either see what's happening or won't be aware of Oblivion not being operational due to the ongoing construction of SW7.

That's just me guessing though, obviously! :p

BigAl said:
I suggested earlier in the Shoutbox that the announcement may be something related to a form of marketing that will take place over Feb half term. I'd love to see MoJ guards patrolling the entrance into X-Sector as a lot of people will still go to either see what's happening or won't be aware of Oblivion not being operational due to the ongoing construction of SW7.

That's just me guessing though, obviously! :p

Hmm now you mention that it could be something to do with The Sanctuary being open for Feb half term as that has been heavily rumoured, and we know that the maze is still up.

Maybe they are going to lock us in there all day and actually brainwash us for real.

I just think it's probably linked with something that's going to take place over half term, bearing in mind the date will be exactly two months before the park reopens for Feb.

Also, would a scaremaze in Feb be successful? The extra day added on to Scarefest didn't do anything for the mazes as they were more or less walk-in for the whole day! :p

Just realised?

The Ultimate Letdown - *Never before has so much track not been constructed on time, its every flaw you've ever dreamed of in one!*

Just kidding, Im still really excited, loving the theme! Only thing is, this is similar to saw, and well, I was actually a bit bored on saw? It just doesnt have that buzz, because the trains are so small and light? IDK? But I doubt they will do the scaremaze over feb half term, dont know why though, it just doesnt seem like something they'd do.

BigAl said:
Also, would a scaremaze in Feb be successful? The extra day added on to Scarefest didn't do anything for the mazes as they were more or less walk-in for the whole day! :p

You know they were giving maze tickets away on the last day of Scarefest. The staff in the Sales and Info booth by Carnival were stapling tickets onto the outside of the booth, so people could come up and take one, free of charge.

Really? That's a tad insulting to those people who payed full price for them tbh.

Stevie said:
BigAl said:

You know they were giving maze tickets away on the last day of Scarefest. The staff in the Sales and Info booth by Carnival were stapling tickets onto the outside of the booth, so people could come up and take one, free of charge.

I know they were free, but that didn't make them any more popular! :p

DiogoJ42 said:
Really? That's a tad insulting to those people who payed full price for them tbh.
People who paid for them were given the money as credit to spend in the shop if they went to guest services. :l

But it might be a nice novelty to have The Sanctuary open, especially if it were free again. It might get some people to come back for exactly a month later :) Could be a marketing thing.

I think it'd be a bit counter intuitive to have a scaremaze open at any time other than Scarefest. Sort of takes away one of the major points of visiting during Scarefest. I don't particularly think it would attract people to the park any more than the coaster anyway.

New incoming tease from TowersStreet...

TowersStreet said:
‎3 days to go. Stay tuned to Facebook and our forums for updates. Sunday. 7:30pm. #getcorrected

For those eagle eyed followers too (or those who saw this on their homepage :p) the TS Facebook cover photo has been updated...

531891_414944465242670_112115983_n.jpg

I wonder what will be happening? Exciting! ;D

DiogoJ42 said:
I think it's fair to say there will be at least nine inversions. We know of 8, and we have seen track that is clearly a barrel roll, and since that doesn't fit the plans it must be inside. But I don't think there is enough space to fit another two inversions in the inside section. So I doubt we will see an inversion record.

That's assuming the plans are accurate, I still think there will be some changes to the layout.

Not a completely new layout but I can see a few inversions added.

Has anyone else noticed that the countdown timer on TST now counts down to Sunday night, and says;

ADVOCATE WANTED: Your exclusive chance to #getcorrected

Or has it been there for ages? :)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.