• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

SW7 Competition

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Your more than welcome to have issues with anything we do, though I would suggest you wait and see what it is. If then you think it's a load of bunkum then we do encourage feedback even if it isn't positive.

The Psychoaster said:
Not sure the build up will be justified to be honest.

Tbh, any disappointment will be due to people expecting something that was clearly never going to happen. In most cases, the hype is caused by the audience more than anything. I believe it will be justified. If the announcement is just that a fan will get to see SW7 concept art, rub up and down a bit of track or have a visit to the construction site for 2 hours then yeah, I would be disappointed. :p

So, the latest Facebook update/tweet points towards a competition of some sorts. First chance to ride SW7 perhaps? Behind the scenes tour? Something more? Time will tell. :)

Swoosh said:
So the name of this forum is "SW7 Competition", kind of gives it away....

Not really? Its a pretty broad subject, it could be a goodie bag, a first ride, a tour of the site, a stay in the themed rooms, much more...

Excited anyway! Well done guys! Loving the exclusive goodness!

I'm not afraid to give stick when I feel it is warranted that's for sure! However, neither praise.

I for one am extremely excited!! I couldn't care less if it's drawing straws to win a smiley face mug, I'm well into SW7 and the mystery of it all!

Team TS, you have clearly got something up your sleeve, and regardless of how big or small it is, I for one am very grateful and look forward to whatever it may be :D

Come on guys, even if it's just a poster or something, it's positive, goes above what a forum needs to provide - and much like the nonsense over worrying about disappointed people not getting the exclusive maze run through, this is bonus stuff!

Whatever it is, I'm in!

Thanks for this one TS, what ever it is!

TheMan said:
I'm not afraid to give stick when I feel it is warranted that's for sure! However, neither praise.

I for one am extremely excited!! I couldn't care less if it's drawing straws to win a smiley face mug, I'm well into SW7 and the mystery of it all!

Team TS, you have clearly got something up your sleeve, and regardless of how big or small it is, I for one am very grateful and look forward to whatever it may be :D

Come on guys, even if it's just a poster or something, it's positive, goes above what a forum needs to provide - and much like the nonsense over worrying about disappointed people not getting the exclusive maze run through, this is bonus stuff!

Whatever it is, I'm in!

Thanks for this one TS, what ever it is!

I can't say much, but if you will be happy with just a SW7 mug, then this is ten times better than that!

djtruefitt said:
I can't say much, but if you will be happy with just a SW7 mug, then this is ten times better than that!

An SW7 mug, with a smiley face, that says this when it gets warm:

"Merlin Studios and Alton Towers have lots of ideas for the Black Hole tent. You’ll have to ask them if and when they might implement them."

(Thanks D4n - remember that Q? I just found it!)

And has a big smiling JW at the bottom to greet you once your beverage of choice is consumed.

Ahhh, now that is a mug! :D

I actually had a crap day today, this has got me proper excited haha!!

As I say, I know I give you guys some stick sometimes - but you do a heck of a lot right too. This kind of stuff sets you aside.

Well done :)

Dave said:
delta79 said:
this just join to do the exclusive comp problem can be sorted with a condition that all entrances must of registered before the comp was announced.

Wouldn't that be doing exactly what other sites get criticised for doing?

umm, I thought other sites where doing what they where doing to get more members. where this would have no incentive to get new member due to the competition.

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick.

So my post is the first in this topic... does that mean I have won already?

In all seriousness, I am very much looking forward to seeing what you have instore, regardless of what it is! :) It's nice to get some sort of exclusive.

I bet the team are struggling to keep this quiet hahaha!!

I love giving people nice surprises, it is one of life's great pleasures. Bringing some joy to other peoples lives. If I was at TS HQ I'd be jigging around doing a Michael Flatley!! ;D

As much as I think it's fantastic that TowersStreet have been given an exclusive from Alton Towers, in all honesty my excitement for the announcement has flatlined now it's emerged that only one member will get the exclusive.

I'm not suggesting at all that TS should not accept things when Towers offer them - I'm as happy as anyone else here to see us get on well. But to me this announcement does come across as more of a vanity display for the site than anything worthwhile for the members.

Sorry, guys :(

TheMan said:
I bet the team are struggling to keep this quiet hahaha!!

I love giving people nice surprises, it is one of life's great pleasures. Bringing some joy to other peoples lives. If I was at TS HQ I'd be jigging around doing a Michael Flatley!! ;D

I'm sure the team are great at keeping secrets. No doubt they receive top secret information to do with Alton Towers/Merlin each year, so this is merely business as usual. :p

So we know it's a competition, we know it's to do with SW7, the actual prize/treat is still unknown... so lets guess on how people will be able to enter. Will it be a member only competition? Open to people outside of the community (which from the teasers the past few days seems to be the more likely scenario)? Or will you have to go through a retina scan, be a member of the forum and undergo a thorough examination by the team to submit? Ohhh the possibilities.

My guess is that it will be an open competition. Although with all the teases aimed mainly at members they will form the majority of submissions, unless this goes viral of course!

Jordan said:
As much as I think it's fantastic that TowersStreet have been given an exclusive from Alton Towers, in all honesty my excitement for the announcement has flatlined now it's emerged that only one member will get the exclusive.

I'm not suggesting at all that TS should not accept things when Towers offer them - I'm as happy as anyone else here to see us get on well. But to me this announcement does come across as more of a vanity display for the site than anything worthwhile for the members.

Sorry, guys :(

Sorry man I never get this attitude. So what's the alternative, nothing lol?

There are times, I believe things need to be said, I only ever say them as disagreeable as they may be to some, for my perceived betterment of the site itself. I have zero personal interest to make it other than that.

However, in this case, and indeed in my staunch defense of the exclusive maze run through - how can anyone be disappointed?

This is a bonus! Like ordering a coffee out, you get what you expect then they give you a free biscuit or something.

Seriously, I gotta say I find this odd, and a bit unfair on the team (yes, I wrote that lol!!).

They've done something really nice here guys, they're the first to admit they don't always get it right - but surely this deserves universal credit and praise?

Credit where it is due eh?

A free forum, NO advertising to fund it, and now exclusive competitions - how does that attract moaning lol? Not even I can find fault with that! :D

I believe Jordan's main point is that it is something that would not benefit the whole of the community. It would just be something for one single member.

Which I think it a fair point. Although I quite like that there's something like this happening on TowersStreet, it's a nice little thing to offer to members to enter. So it's very nice that TowersStreet (and Alton Towers?) have put this together for the community. It's given the forums a nice little spark of life, which I think is what we've needed for a while.

TheMan said:
Sorry man I never get this attitude. So what's the alternative, nothing lol?

Like I suggested in the post, I don't see why TS shouldn't work with Towers, especially when they are reaching out to the site.

I was just saying how I felt - earlier in the week when TS scheduled the announcement as something I'd want to "Tell your friends" about, it felt quite exciting, but now more details have been released, I don't see what is exciting at all about one member who may or may not be part of the active community getting an exclusive.

TheMan said:
A free forum, NO advertising to fund it, and now exclusive competitions - how does that attract moaning lol? Not even I can find fault with that! ;D

The team do lots of great work, I don't think anyone's doubting that. :) But that doesn't mean I can't express an opinion when I'm let down by something.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.