• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Syndicate of parents

Any proof the people complaining are all 'Jeremy Kyle' types? Or just being offensive without any proof for the sake of it?

Ah, but Gullivers is the park that says any adult without children is a kiddy fiddler and therefore not allowed in. So they don't get everything right. ;)

Don't be silly Blaze, anyone who thinks that £45 is too much to spend on a day trip for a 12-year-old is clearly a benefit sponging Shameless-esque waste of space who's probably trying to get pregnant by as many men as possible for the child benefit, herp derp.

Times are getting tough on the finances of many families. looking at the cost of a full price ticket and the limited disposable cash in there pocket, they will try to get some thing cheaper if they can.

thinking about it, I did a 2 for 1 with my 13 year old daughter earlier this year. Due to me thinking £45 is expensive when i can get me and my daughter in for £45.

may be I am a Shameless-esque benefit sponger too ,or I work hard for bad pay and get supported with WFTC, that looks for deals to get better value for money. without moaning on AT Facebook page :D

P.S. I am making a point, not having a go, hence the smiley at the end

Another thing that may not be relevant as such, but I tried to explain it to one of the 'individuals' that are spamming. He complained about the huge ticket price and that the 241 offers aren't made obvious enough (seriously), he went on to say that the normal price should be the reduced price and the 241 system abolished, if everybody does in fact use 241's then no money would be lost. I said that the price is left so high because A some people will get caught out, and B, with the 241 voucher offer so prominent and important Merlin can sell the rights for the vouchers off to big companies like Tesco and other brand names. To which I was greeted with a series of abusive comments and slurs, within half an hour it had been deleted.

Ben. said:
Another thing that may not be relevant as such, but I tried to explain it to one of the 'individuals' that are spamming. He complained about the huge ticket price and that the 241 offers aren't made obvious enough (seriously), he went on to say that the normal price should be the reduced price and the 241 system abolished, if everybody does in fact use 241's then no money would be lost. I said that the price is left so high because A some people will get caught out, and B, with the 241 voucher offer so prominent and important Merlin can sell the rights for the vouchers off to big companies like Tesco and other brand names. To which I was greeted with a series of abusive comments and slurs, within half an hour it had been deleted.

I've found you often can't engage these people logically. I guess their intelligence is made fairly clear by the content of their original posts.

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk-

Well i wouldn't call them unintelligent, that a bit of a harsh judgement based on a Facebook post. I would just call them un-original, they have no real argument and are just vomiting up the same old rubbish posted by a completely different person.

Ben. said:
Well i wouldn't call them unintelligent, that a bit of a harsh judgement based on a Facebook post. I would just call them un-original, they have no real argument and are just vomiting up the same old rubbish posted by a completely different person.

To me, you're describing someone who seems to lack common sense.

As I've said on some of the posts. Most people are aware of and understand the pricing structure as being reasonable - that's the STRUCTURE not the actual prices, which is a different issue.

-Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk-

But the structure ISN'T fair. It's grossly unfair that children over 12 but under 1.4m should pay full price. Same with children under 12 but over 1.4m paying adult price.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

I agree with that the current structure is unfair and that it needs looking at, however...

It's a bit unfair on Alton that they are being singled out with the pricing structure. In pretty much the whole of the leisure and tourism industry if you're over 12 you're classed as an 'adult'. It's been like that for god knows how many years/decades. So for Alton to be targeted is a bit unfair. They will not change the pricing structure when the rest of the industry has been sticking with the current structure for years.

Pricing structures will never be right anyway. Unless Alton became a PPR (pay per ride) park, which we know theme parks do not do in this country, you stay with a fixed price. The only way things will change is if the whole industry's pricing structure has a change.

All I can say, if they have the ability to understand how to post on Alton Towers facebook, then they have the ability to go on their website and research prices properly before they visit.

Idiots, complaining for the sake of complaining.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Mumsnet. *shudder*

I can't look, because I feel like going on a rampage every time I hear of it. A rampage of admittedly half common sense and half fierce fan-girlism. :)

The thing is, they may have a point. And it can be unfair, but it's the way it's been for years - and yeah, it could maybe do with reviewing, but a wristband system would be a screaming nightmare - maybe if they just made it a little more flexible. So if there was a 12 year old kid who was below 1.4m, they could be dealt with appropriately.

But sometimes it's just the way they go about making their point. Infuriating. And sometimes they are just wrong and stupid. :)

The way I see it is 12 isn't an adult... When you're 1.4m tall you should be an adult. That's just my opinion... What with only being 3ft tall and all I think it's silly that I should have to pay full price to only get on half the rides.

Some other parks I've seen do work off this height system. It'd be interesting to know if it works.

Have towers always been classing 12 year olds as adults was it 14 a few years ago I was thinking before 2010 I may be wrong

I think whichever way you look at it, a 12 year old is not an adult. The wording is the problem here. And given the obscene gate prices I can see why this would annoy families.
However, I agree that anyone over 1.4m should be paying full price as their experience of the park will be a full experience.
Also agree with Diogo's post earlier where as a community, there is not really any place in criticising other people spamming the AT Facebook wall, given past experiences!

As with a lot merlin and Towers do (AP pass changes ect) they are terrible at seeing PR implications. It's a tricky one as pay by height works at small parks but with at times 26,000 people trying to get in park it would be slow and hard to police prebooked tickets. 12 is way too young to be labelled an adult but ,it's 12 year olds should pay full price.

It might be time to bring in a wristband system where people can pay just to do 1.2m and below rides what ever the age. Also have a pay band just to get in without getting on rides. Would increase visits by people just interested in the ruins and gardens.

We can't moan at people flaming Towers wall as a lot of members on here have done that it the past, though I do share the frustration at the idiocy of those people who bemoan poverty yet don't research their days out. As well as the idea some people have that it's their god given right to have the world bend over backwards because they have kids.

One way to maybe help the situation could be to have Teen price tickets like they do at the cinema? It might be confusing with an extra ticket price, but that way you could have 13-18 paying a price just less than an adult price and then 18+ full price.

To expand this I think the restaurants should be priced on how fat you are so the bigger y are the more expensive the all you can eat is!

This is simply down to the wording, if it said young adult then there would not be all this who haa about it

Spark said:
To expand this I think the restaurants should be priced on how fat you are so the bigger y are the more expensive the all you can eat is!

Discrimination much?