Talbot Street Video Archive

Discussion in 'Talbot Street' started by James, 20th Jun 2013.

1. AltonTowersNerd

AltonTowersNerd TowersStreet Member

I love the Toyland Tours music by Graham Smart, brings me back so many memories as a kid.

2. Olii

Olii TowersStreet Member

Surfing Youtube, and this appears. Some great footage of the gardens and a lovely shot of the pagoda fountain near the end.

http://youtu.be/ft0uXfFKQf4

3. GaryH

GaryH TowersStreet Member

Stunning werent they. They are still stunning now, but, as we can see, the fountains worked, and no doubt the gardens were in prime condition. Unfortunately now a small minority of visitors have no respect for them, and vandalise them. As for the Pagoda fountain, did you know there is no pump involved in shooting the water up into the air. Its all gravity fed and marks the end of the conduit from the water supply six miles away.

4. AltonTowersNerd

AltonTowersNerd TowersStreet Member

Nerdsticks likes this.
  5. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

That's actually a really good vid :)

6. James

James TS Founding Member

Brookside, anyone?

Special Brookside episode at Alton Towers, aired in 1992. While I'm sure no one (or very little) will care about Brookside, it gives some nice views of the park many moons ago!

Video upload credit goes to 'Brookside Fan' on YouTube!

http://youtu.be/egb4OGXMIJk

http://youtu.be/ZoMr6P3mSJ8

Posted 5th May 2014
  7. CoasterCrazyChris

CoasterCrazyChris TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    It's amazing how much cleaner and smarter Alton Towers was back in those days!

Posted 5th May 2014
  8. BarryZola

BarryZola TowersStreet Member

I'll give this a watch in a bit. Cheers James :)

Edit - That was really enjoyable. I used to watch Brookside, so mixing it up with a bit of Alton Towers was great to see.

A nice bit of work by AT to get what looks like pretty much an half hour advertisement for the park in prime-time on TV too ;)

Posted 5th May 2014
  9. cybermen39

cybermen39 TowersStreet Member

Hi the brookside footage is mine I used to tape everything on TV to do with the Towers and that's mostly because of the parade.

Posted 7th May 2014
  10. Burbs

Burbs TS Site Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    The Brookside video was great! Really good to see how different AT was then compared to now.

It would be interesting to be transported back in time to the early 90's for a day at Alton Towers just to see what it was like.

Who fancies building a TST time machine?

Posted 7th May 2014
  11. djtruefitt

djtruefitt TS Site Team Team Member

Loving the old Brookside video! Its weird to see everything looking so fresh and new, like the main entrance, minetrain and haunted house.

I also like how they sent the minetrain without checking the bars and the airgates were still open :p

12. Burbs

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Anybody else got the 'The Story of Alton Towers' DVD? I bought it off the AT website I believe... or it could've been Amazon, I dunno.

Anyway, I think it's a brilliant DVD which shows the past and present of AT, dating all the way back to the days of when it was just the gardens, and also when the funfair was there!

I really recommend it to any Alton Towers geek, and it is fairly recent! (2008)

13. Stevie

Stevie TowersStreet Member

Not that recent, it's actually from 2005, it's extremely outdated now. To think we've had two major rollercoasters, a dark ride, a Splash Battle, an aquarium and multiple area rethemes since that DVD was released.

I can't believe they still sell it, or do they? I can't recall seeing it recently.

14. Rowe

Rowe TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The new Liseberg dark ride, probably
    I have a copy of the DVD and it's hilariously cringeworthy to watch back on occasion. The editing is dire, they don't spend enough time in some areas as others and some of the effects are just appalling. It's a decent view back to the park in 2005 but I wouldn't call it brilliant!

15. Burbs

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    It said ©2008 on my DVD so I assumed it was from then. :p

I think it's a good DVD to watch, and look back on, even if it does still have Ug Land, Cred Street etc. And I agree with them spending too much time on certain areas. It's an hour's DVD, and the first 15 minutes is all about Oblivion/X-Sector!

16. James

James TS Founding Member

It says 2008 on there as they re-released it in 2008 with a new cover. It's the same DVD although different cover.

The first one in 2005 had Air on the front with the Towers in the background, then it got re-released with a different company in 2008 with Oblivion as the vocal point on the case with RMT at the top.

:)

17. PeteB

PeteB TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    I can remember when this came out and I got quite bluntly shot down on TTF for criticizing it lol!

It's still in my collection somewhere, and I would say it's something every Towers geek should own, but I can't watch it these days due to the cringe factor.

delta79 likes this.
  18. Slugjc

Slugjc TowersStreet Member

Watched the Brookside episode (Alright der Sinbad la') Amazed at the views of thunder valley how much wardley did a amazing job turning that area around

djtruefitt, PeteB and delta79 like this.
  19. bluesonichd

bluesonichd TowersStreet Member

Burbs likes this.
    Posted 8th Jul 2015
  20. Burbs

Favourite Ride:
    Untamed, Walibi Holland
    Great find there! So was the fairground where Cloud Cuckoo Land is now? I always had the impression it was in front of the Towers on the lawns.

Posted 8th Jul 2015