• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Talbot Street Video Archive

Totally agree, the quality of output RCCGB are turning up in the last few weeks is great.

This one has some of the clearest footage of vintage AT I have seen, a professional production quality image (for the time). I can finally see how that area around Thunder Looper looked back then, and realise how old most of the stuff is at AT.

The YouTube algorithm has just recommended me this:

I didn't know there were concerts at Alton Towers before 2010!
Annoyingly you can't see much of the park but at 36:30 you can see Spinball and at 55:20 the Squirrel Nutty.

Last edited:
Lots and lots of live concerts in the fifties and sixties...my gran went on and on about seeing more brass and dance bands at the Towers in one day than she saw in the rest of the year.
Lots of nice travelling fairground rides as well.

Just found this. Lots of shots of the Thunderlooper and rare behind the scenes of it while in operation!! Never would be allowed nowadays when there's lot of cables involved!! Also some good shots of the Corkscrew at the end but my favourite bit is from 8:32 where there is some very rare footage of the Nemesis pit before any real upwards construction started

So this isn’t a video, but it’s a photo that I thought was very interesting.

A look from above at X-Sector in its former life in the foreground, is that tree near the circle actually the one still there between the Oblivion drop and Just Chicken?

You can also see what I presume is the Katanga/Gloomy Wood/Forbidden Valley areas behind the gardens as they previously were.

Sorry for double post, couple more interesting photos here (well I think so anyway!) showing Mutiny Bay and TWODW before the theme park was built from altontowersarchive on Instagram.

In the top photo that looks like a railway line between the two buildings and train with seating on the straight bit on the left

After hearing that the Towers Ruins were actually temporarily open again I scrambled myself (newspaper sensationalist description) to Alton to film a bit of it as you never know how long it will be until they're closed for a long time. Sorry, not sorry about my dodgy black country accent and umming and erring ;)

After hearing that the Towers Ruins were actually temporarily open again I scrambled myself (newspaper sensationalist description) to Alton to film a bit of it as you never know how long it will be until they're closed for a long time. Sorry, not sorry about my dodgy black country accent and umming and erring ;)

Really enjoyed this video. Was watching it while in bed the other night, very relaxing and interesting. I like this kind of history stuff.

Great find, thanks for sharing. So curious that they added that little teaser for the Haunted House in there at the end there.

Not sure I've ever watched a POV of Around the World in Eighty Days. Certainly has a charm of its own, but easy to see why Tussauds were keen to change it.

Upon hearing that the Orangery (Quarry Greenhouse) in the gardens may possibly be getting some kind of refurbishment as part of the planning for Project Horizon I planned to make a video showing its current state and also some history and old pictures etc. With the park being reopened again yesterday I got the chance to go and get some new footage. It'll probably be interesting to look back on in 5 years time IF it does indeed get some kind of restoration. Don't blame me for my dodgy accent, I can't help being from Dudley :laughing: