• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Taron vs FLY; which Phantasialand launch coaster do you prefer?

Taron or FLY?

• Total voters

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Phantasialand in Germany now has two launch coasters; Taron and FLY. They're two very different rides; Taron's an Intamin Blitz Coaster, while FLY is a Vekoma Flying Coaster. However, they do share numerous similarities; both have two launches, both have twister layouts with lots of crossovers, and both are enveloped within immersive themed environments. I've also noticed that which one of the two coasters people prefer is dividing opinion more than you might expect, with some falling into Team FLY and others falling into Team Taron. So now that an increasing number of people have experienced FLY, I thought it was time to ask the question; which do you prefer?

I've never ridden either, so I can't comment. But which do you prefer; Taron or FLY?

Will be riding FLY for the first time in August, but the differences are too easy to tell already. If you want a somewhat gentle whizz around, then FLY is your cup of your tea. Taron is the balls to the wall thrill launch with superb launch noises to boot.

Taron all day, every day.

I'm a massive Taron fanboy though tbf. Have visited Phantasialand twice since Rookburgh opened and FLY is a superb all round experience, but Taron is in a league of its own in terms of the actual coaster.