• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tattoos (Picture Heavy)

LiamC

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Hex
Not sure how well this could go as I'm not really sure we have a lot of tattoo fans on here, but here goes :)

I absolutely adore tattoos and have a few myself, 7 in total. I have two tribal (I was young :D,) and five custom pieces. I thought I'd start a topic to see if anyone on here has any themselves, possibly share any pictures of ones they have, or share designs/flash sheets they've seen or have been done by artists they like.

It was actually my Grandad who started my interest in tattoos off as weird as that is :D. He was in the Navy during the Second World War and had several done there and I was always fascinated by them.

I'm absolutely in love with any kind of vintage style tattoo from this era and anything done by Sailor Jerry. The bold lines and colours are so vivid and the designs, even though simply done, contain so much detail!

My favourite ever design is by SJ himself and is this:

rocked-in-the-caddle-of-the-deep.jpg

I absolutely love the vintage feel of it! Hopefully at some stage I'd like to get this across my back, however modified so the flags are Union Jacks and I'd like to change the ship to a drawing of the ship my Grandad served on during the war.

Vintage tattoos are having a resurgence at the minute, with a lot of current artists using the bold lines and colours in their designs. One of my favourite artists using this method at the moment is a guy called Dan Smith. He's featured on LA Ink many many times and his work is well respected! Here's one of his flash sheets that shows how he uses the vintage style in his designs:

DanFlash1.jpg

Some recent designs that I've come across that I love:

tumblr_le9bencmtM1qdxneko1_500.jpg

I love how flawless the face is on the side of the Crow and how intricate it is! This is a design by a Sweedish artist called Jonas Uggli.

385684_10150963145649493_1896057255_n-550x550.jpg

This is a design by Andrea Giulimondi from a shop called The Family Business down in London. The detail is incredible to say how small the piece is!

And finally:

image.jpg

This is the latest piece I've had done up at King Arthurs Tattoo's in Scarborough. I'd wanted to get a piece done to remind me of, as weird as it sounds, my failed attempt at uni a couple of years that made me realise how important my home life actually was and how much family meant. I took them in the writing and an idea of what i wanted using examples of pictures I'd found in various books and magazines and this is what they came up with. Please excuse the terrible quality as I took this on my iPad and uploaded it from there. It does look a lot better in real life :p. I had this done all in one 2 hour sitting about 6/7 months ago :)

Anyway, enough of me rattling on! These are examples of what I like and a bit of the work I've had done and now I'd love to see anything that other people have had done, their favourite works and artists, or any views that they have on tattoos themselves :)

I love tattoos need one myself, I'm just indecisive what to get. I want something meaningful, not a stock design!

God knows if I ever decide what I want! Lol

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Fredward said:
I love tattoos need one myself, I'm just indecisive what to get. I want something meaningful, not a stock design!

God knows if I ever decide what I want! Lol

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk, please excuse any ridiculous mistakes!

Unfortunately I was the complete opposite to this when I had my first one and rushed straight into it. It's a stock tribal design that was altered and doesn't actually look bad. However now, I wish I had just sat and thought about it rather than just wanting one as soon as I turnt 18! Also I didn't do the proper aftercare routine and now it needs touching up rather badly :(

However, I have now learnt from my past mistakes and any more I'll get I'll seriously think about. My next one I've been working on sketchings for the past couple of months :)

I tend to overthink things like this and won't make quick decisions... annoying actually, I should be getting a tattoo with my friend, at the time I was unsure what I wanted, I came up with an idea, she had no money, she has money, I'm now unsure... but she's also unsure!

Essentially, I don't know whether we will have get them at this rate! :p lol

I've not got one, but I plan to. No idea what yet, but I'm working along the lines of accepting that everyone regrets their tattoos eventually, so I might as well get one I regret instantly.

So look out for my tattoo'd portrait of One Direction coming soon. :p

I nearly had one whilst on holiday (I was extremely drunk) but I've really been thinking about designing my own I just need a great artist

I don't get the tattoo thing. Never have.

I have a friend that is a very pretty girl but sadly she has got herself a rather large bird on her back and also some birds on her feet. It just detracts from her IMO.

Some of the pictures posted about look of from an actual well drawn type point of view. But would you have (do you have) pictures like this up in you house? If not why would you want it on your body?

I know one reason I would not get a tattoo is that I would get bored and want something else.
Someone where my wife used to work got a moustache tattooed on her index finger so she could do stuff like this.....
bianchi_girl_mustache.jpg

Is it just me that thinks that stupid?

That is absolutely awful.

I've never understood feet tattoos or why birds are so popular. Surely if you're going to get inked, the whole point is to get something unique and artistic, that means something to you?

But that's the thing, it's whether it means something to the person or not. It's their body at the end of the day.

my Granny died about 2.5 years ago now and I would love a memorial tattoo for her as we were really close. I have ben thinking for the last two years to get a red ruby slipper somewhere on me as he name was Dorothy but was also considering having Alice in Wonderland tatooed on me with a pair of red ruby slippers on as she was called Dororthy Alice Wealthall. I would get it but I'm unsure abotu placement.

I've always liked tattoos but I'm in this boat:

Jem8472 said:
...that I would get bored and want something else.

Besides, I don't have a clue what to get, where to have it, and the best place in my town to get a tattoo. Last thing I want is to have it done, and then it'll get infected - which happened to my one of my friends.

Ok, it look nice, but having god know how many thousands of needle puncher wounds in a place that comes in contact with toilets seats. just think of the infection risk of where this area needs to contact.

I know the tattoo was done in hygienic with sterile equipment by a a well respected licensed artist. and that is great, I just hope she does the after care right.

Back when this topic was initially created, getting a tattoo wasn't something that I'd thought about terribly much. I'd thought about it briefly on several occasions, but not very seriously. However, over the past couple of months, I have been giving it a lot more thought, despite the fact that I'm not terribly keen on needles. At first, I considered a tribal one, but they're just so commonplace that it wouldn't be very unique, even if I did come up with my own design. And that could be hard, seeing as my artistic skills are pretty dire. :p I did come up with a more realistic idea not long ago - Blivvy's logo on my right arm just below my shoulder, or possibly the old Nemesis logo in a similar location. I want something that's pretty unique and has some meaning to it as well. The only real issues I can think of are coming up with a decent design, knowing where on earth I want it, and finding a decent tattoo artist.

And before you ask, I will not be getting a tattoo of NooNoo from the Teletubbies. :p

I would say don't go for the Oblivion logo, as in my experience, non enthusiasts tentd to think its a symbol that has something to do with being transexual. I wore an Oblivion T shirt to work once, only to have a spark ask me "does that mean you are some kind of gender bender?" :p

I wouldn't get anything that you don't think you will love in a few years time, will you always be a fan of alton towers? I know my interest has dimmed,

Don't get a tattoo for the sake of having a tattoo, only get a tattoo when you know what exactly you want.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fair point, Matt - I'll take that into consideration. I have also thought about getting something linked to Cornwall as a tattoo, seeing as I lived there for 14 years, and basically grew up in the county.

I have two tattoos, one I got about twelve days after my 18th birthday, and my most recent, two weeks ago. One was off the internet, but quite unusual, and the other was a free hand drawing by the artist.

8336_10151566407879092_1614251120_n.jpg

This is my first, located on my right side, back of my hip. Zombie Tigger, and I got it because before my mum passed away, she had Winnie The Pooh tattoed on her arm, and I wanted something similar, but a bit darker. So suits my personality, and I love it.

1544999_10151915416469092_962634728_n.jpg

And this is my second, located on my thigh. A free hand tattoo, I'd wanted something like this for a few years. Its still healing, and still sore, but gorgeous.

I also want a Chinese dragon up my left side, fully coloured, and the lyrics 'Nemo; my name forever more' on my other thigh. :)