• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Taxis to and from Alton Towers

Rickyrara

TS Member
I've been looking at taxis from and to Stoke-on-Trent train station. I'll be staying in the resort over night but I'll be coming up from the train as I don't drive.

I've seen some Uber taxis on the app at the station, and to my understanding there's a taxi rank next to the station. So getting up to Alton Towers doesn't seem to be a problem. But it's getting back to the station the next day.

I've googled local taxis, but some are very expensive and some taxi firms don't seem to exist anymore. Can anyone recommend a trustworthy taxi firm I can contact, or even a self employed taxi driver thats reasonable with the cost?

It would take much longer on the bus. I want to get back to the station quickly and easily. I live in South Wales, so I'll need to get the train to Birmingham and then a national express back

That's a question I can answer bc I used this recently!
There are black taxis outside the station waiting for customers but I didn't use those. To get to the park I booked Premier Taxis and the costs were 33£ (fix price and 30 minutes journey). Nothing to complain. On my return day Liz from the Chained Oak B&B recommended Heidi from Mum's Motors. The drive was also very pleasant. I paid 35£.
Both times I phoned the service in advance the day before.

When I was there mid week last week I used Auto Cab taxis who have an android app. Was able to book a few days in advance there and back and the app came up with a code for 10% off when using a card to pay so paid £22 each way. Could also track the driver coming on the app when I was waiting at the AT hotel for them to pick me up.

Yes, I would recommend auto cab as well. However, when I booked through their website they didn't turn up when we arrived, but when we called them to book our one back they were there promptly. Easily managed to get another taxi within 10m when we arrived. Drivers friendly, although when going one time our driver didn't know where the entrance was and tried to go into staff deliveries 😂