• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
They've just spent thousands refurbishing and repainting the coaster and its station theming. No way is that on the cards any time soon.
I disagree as the corkscrew was 28 years old when taken down. This will be the same for nemesis.

Hope to love coasters forever.
:)

Two very different coasters, of differing build quality and popularity. Corkscrew was on a flat bit of land which could easily be built on while Nemesis' terrain would be difficult to reuse. Hardly comparable at all.
And as I just pointed out they have invested a lot in Nemesis recently so it will not be removed any time soon.

Two very different coasters, of differing build quality and popularity. Corkscrew was on a flat bit of land which could easily be built on while Nemesis' terrain would be difficult to reuse. Hardly comparable at all.
And as I just pointed out they have invested a lot in Nemesis recently so it will not be removed any time soon.
That’s not true they have the same popularity as over the years it decreases and don’t forget that corkscrew was the first rollercoaster in Britain.

They do not have the same popularity. Nemesis is highly rated and regarded around the world as one of the best inverters ever. It is a popular ride with enthusiasts and public alike. A crowd pleaser. While Corkscrew was just some basic old Vekoma looper. There is no comparsion.

And corkscrew was the first rollercoaster in Britain? Eh no. Just no. Please consult RCDB.com and some history books.

They do not have the same popularity. Nemesis is highly rated and regarded around the world as one of the best inverters ever. It is a popular ride with enthusiasts and public alike. A crowd pleaser. While Corkscrew was just some basic old Vekoma looper. There is no comparsion.

And corkscrew was the first rollercoaster in Britain? Eh no. Just no. Please consult RCDB.com and some history books.
Do you have the proof, but anyway we are going off topic.

It's the third most popular coaster on park. Wasn't there a 'whirled cup of rides' in 2014 where it was in the final with the smiler? It was voted there. I hope you're on about that and not about corkscrew being the first coaster in Britain :p

There's no reason SW9 couldn't be a log flume. Now admittedly I'm a log flume enthusiast, but if SW9 were to be a log flume, there are loads of world first's available to Alton Towers, such as (and I'm drawing from the other rides at the park here, but)

Inverted log flume
VR log flume
Vertical drop log flume
Launched log flume
First log flume with an inversion
First wooden log flume

People have this outdated preconception of log flume's, but done right I think a log flume could secure the park's future

There's no reason SW9 couldn't be a log flume. Now admittedly I'm a log flume enthusiast, but if SW9 were to be a log flume, there are loads of world first's available to Alton Towers, such as (and I'm drawing from the other rides at the park here, but)

Inverted log flume
VR log flume
Vertical drop log flume
Launched log flume
First wooden log flume

People have this outdated preconception of log flume's, but done right I think a log flume could secure the park's future

World's first ground breaking log flume fully dedicated to fusing water and fire.

I'd like to see a new log flume like Chiapas at Towers, it would fill a gap in the park's lineup. I think SW9 will be a coaster though, even if it's not really what's needed right now.

Inverted log flume
VR log flume
Vertical drop log flume
Launched log flume
First wooden log flume

Half of those aren’t possible due to health and safety. Ain’t a flume for families though? If SW9 was a water coaster however it would have a inversion. Don’t think a flume would have a inversion, but I would like the idea of fire and water.

I doubt we'll be seeing another flume guys sorry. They aren't being built that often anymore for one, the park would struggle to market it and also the climate here is just awful most of the year. They also take up a lot of space.

Im all for them spending some money on tlc for the rapids though. I think it's getting into a rather sorry state and could do with a new lease of life. New theming, lick of paint and some more effects.

No idea what SW9 will be as yet. Vekoma are turning a corner and producing some good stuff now so that would be my guess.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.