• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Only problem is then, how do you get the log back to Forbidden Valley? I doubt Towers would go for a second launch. A more traditional lift perhaps? As long as it was nicely themed it wouldn't really seem too anti climatic.

Maybe a Sky-Log system where you're lifted up in your log onto a cable and carried across the valley at a great height taking in all the views. 2 rides in one.

I mean, you say that but who would have had money on Smiler having fourteen inversions? If you'd mentioned that to somebody 100 years ago they'd think you were a madman.

Sooner or later theme parks will tap into the infinite possibilities of log flume innovation and I guarantee people will come from all over the world. Alton are in a fairly unique position of having a valley. If I were Nick Vanrey I'd be looking to implement the valley as much as possible. If Disney wanted a valley they'd have to buy one/dig one (whichever is cheaper)

Put the whole flume in a large plastic tube and use air pressure behind?
Wouldn't make much noise to offend the locals, and would be popular on rainy days.
Edit...would not have to close in high winds either.
Think we are on to a winner here.

Put the whole flume in a large plastic tube and use air pressure behind?
Wouldn't make much noise to offend the locals, and would be popular on rainy days.
Edit...would not have to close in high winds either.
Think we are on to a winner here.

Are there currently any underground log flume's? I'm not aware of any. If the whole flume travelled just below the surface of the valley they wouldn't even need planning permission. I think you're onto something here Rob.

I wouldn't be very interesting to look at, but an underground launched inverting log flume would certainly bring in the crowds. They could even market it as a completely secret ride. come and ride SW9, which has five world fists but it's a secret what they are. The queuelixe could eventually go into a hole in the ground and you don't know what's going on until you're in the station and see that it's a log flume. Even then you'd be like "oh cool, shame there aren't any inversions or launches though" but little do you know, there are. There are both of those things, and so much more.

The inside of the tunnels could be themed around the Tudors and Stewarts.

I wouldn't be very interesting to look at, but an underground launched inverting log flume would certainly bring in the crowds.
Yes, an underground launched inverting log flume. Why hasn't this ever been thought of before?! :tearsofjoy:
They could even market it as a completely secret ride. come and ride SW9, which has five world fists but it's a secret what they are. The queuelixe could eventually go into a hole in the ground and you don't know what's going on until you're in the station and see that it's a log flume. Even then you'd be like "oh cool, shame there aren't any inversions or launches though" but little do you know, there are. There are both of those things, and so much more.
:tearsofjoy:

If there was enough speed a log could clear an inversion easily. The difficulty is getting the log to that speed, so it's not a matter of physics, but rather a matter of power.
The logs would also need to be designed to include restraints, which would take up space and limit boat capacity.

When was the last time a log flume was built in the UK? Towers made quite a lot of fuss about WM being the first wooden rollercoaster sine megafoba. IfTowers could say "The first log flume since say, storm force 10" just imagine the press coverage the park would receive.

With regards to restraints, you could probably get away with lap bars

Could it be powered to launch the flume up the side of the valley? I remember reading somewhere that the force of the water their is natural and very powerful, and almost completely natural. I'm sure it could at least contribute to a hypothetical lunch

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.