• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Can't see Towers building another B&M anytime soon, and tbh there's more exciting stuff out there nowadays. Aside from a wing coaster, what are they missing from B&M's catalogue that they could conceivably build?

B&M never announce new products - they let their customers [i.e the parks] make the announcements / handle the "worlds first" marketing.
They never advertise their products in general, they're very secretive (Which is a good thing tbh).

Can't see Towers building another B&M anytime soon, and tbh there's more exciting stuff out there nowadays. Aside from a wing coaster, what are they missing from B&M's catalogue that they could conceivably build?
and Thorpe have a wing coaster anyway which when it opened didn't draw in a huge amount of new guests.

It would still be nice if AT got some kind of big drop airtime coaster like the valley Woodie was meant to be, but I don't see it happening. Again possibly more likely at Thorpe Park (and a non-inverting coaster is a big gap in their lineup).

I would rather see Towers get a dark ride or at least an indoor coaster.

and Thorpe have a wing coaster anyway which when it opened didn't draw in a huge amount of new guests.

It would still be nice if AT got some kind of big drop airtime coaster like the valley Woodie was meant to be, but I don't see it happening. Again possibly more likely at Thorpe Park (and a non-inverting coaster is a big gap in their lineup).

I would rather see Towers get a dark ride or at least an indoor coaster.
Or a water ride, which they could also do with.

Ill put this question in here, but I feel like it might be the wrong area

Would it be that hard for AT to change a rides layout? Like instead of removing say Rita, closing the area and changing parts to make it more engaging, more thrilling?

Or when JW wanted changes to Wickerman, what would stop them from rearranging the layout to do it? Is it purely money?

Would it be that hard for AT to change a rides layout? Like instead of removing say Rita, closing the area and changing parts to make it more engaging, more thrilling?

Or when JW wanted changes to Wickerman, what would stop them from rearranging the layout to do it? Is it purely money?
I'm sure you could but taking Rita as an example, why bother when ride technology has moved on so much in the last 15 years. I reckon it would make more sense financially to just replace the whole thing with an LSM multi launch coaster of some sort. Could even invent a world's first about backwards launches or something :D

Changing a layout is almost unheard of (PowerPark aside). It's costly, awkward and not particularly marketable. Who wouldn't just want an entirely new coaster at what would likely be a similar cost anyway?

The only Rollercoaster that I know that has been change once built was the Big Dipper at Blackpool

The following taken from Wikipedia

"The ride was first built in 1923 by John Miller but was extended in 1936 by Charlie Paige and Joe Emberton; adding arches over the south entrance of the park and additional drops"

The only Rollercoaster that I know that has been change once built was the Big Dipper at Blackpool

The following taken from Wikipedia

"The ride was first built in 1923 by John Miller but was extended in 1936 by Charlie Paige and Joe Emberton; adding arches over the south entrance of the park and additional drops"
There are also others; Lightning Bolt at MGM Grand Adventures had quite a substantial extension. Steel Phantom to Phantom's Revenge was a very substantial track modification. I also think that both of the Demon coasters (Arrow loopers at Six Flags Great America and California's Great America) have had inversions and extra track added.

I think I should make a page documenting roller coaster modifications...

You've also got Powder Keg, and the Mine Train at M&D's which used to have a spiral lift
Are you talking about on Coasterpedia? I can absolutely make a category for you if you'd like!

Are you talking about on Coasterpedia? I can absolutely make a category for you if you'd like!
Yep, I was thinking a page with a list, that way you can divide into sections with info on each one. I'll make one in a bit :D

A category could work as well, hmm.

Another one that I believe was extended is the Dragon Coaster at Legoland Florida

Another one that I believe was extended is the Dragon Coaster at Legoland Florida
It absolutely was; it was originally a 335m Junior Coaster model, but the addition of the dark ride section and the other extended track changed it to a Custom Junior Coaster (in the eyes of RCDB, at least!).

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.