• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
[Citation needed]

Europa Park has won the golden ticket for best park in recent years and though they have a lot of coasters that's certainly not why the park is so highly regarded
I am not sure winning a Golden Ticket award is a useful measure for anything.

I am not sure winning a Golden Ticket award is a useful measure for anything.

No, merely a useful counterexample to an opinion stated as fact. Cedar Point is certainly one of my favourite parks but it's easy enough to make a case for either that or EP being the better park depending on what criteria you focus on.

I find it bizarre that people are disregarding the idea of another big coasters and would rather have a dark ride or flat. Who cares about those sort attractions. It's a theme park, if you want to go on flats and dark rides go to a fair. Roller coasters are and have always been the main attraction. There's a reason why cedar point is the best park in the world, stacked full of class coasters
You have to get used to other people not thinking the same as you do!
Every opinion is sacred, of course, including yours.
Even though I am a coaster freak, the other stuff is important.
On Tuesday we did the River Caves, and missed the train ride because they had track problems.
We knew because the train driver was running the other vital...The Dodgems.
And the biggest thrill kick of the last twenty years was Apocalypse, floorless, standing, arms out screaming all the way down.
Then legging it from the exit back to the entrance.
My pick for the next big un...in 2025 at the earliest, probably.
Launched family coaster in the Duel building, with lots of the old Haunted House effects back, and a bit of a nip into daylight round the back.
Would be brilliant.
And doable.

My pick for the next big un...in 2025 at the earliest, probably.
Launched family coaster in the Duel building, with lots of the old Haunted House effects back, and a bit of a nip into daylight round the back.
Would be brilliant
Wow. Now that would be cool. I wouldn't mind a family coaster as it would be a perfect investment for a wider demographic, like wicker man was. I feel wicker man has been one of the most successful investments in years due to its appeal for all ages, rather than just big thrill seekers and hardcore teens

Who cares about those sort attractions. It's a theme park, if you want to go on flats and dark rides go to a fair.

The million more people who used to visit Towers when it had a more varied range of attractions probably care. The many millions more who visit Disney, Universal, Efteling, Europa etc where there's a bigger emphasis on overall package than just coasters probably care as well. I hope that answers your question. I don't know what fairs you've been going to where there's loads of quality dark rides?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

As much as I’m probably a bit more gravitated towards roller coasters in terms of interest level than other attractions, I think variety is key when visiting a theme park, to a certain degree.

I personally would be very happy riding coasters all day, but not everyone who visits will be, and I’ll admit that I do also enjoy a dark, water or flat ride if they’re on offer.

To further my point; as much as I say that roller coasters interest me more than other attractions, my favourite theme park of all time is Islands of Adventure in Orlando, which it must be said is not exactly rammed full of roller coasters. It has a decent selection, but there aren’t absolutely loads of coasters on offer; to be honest, I’d say that coasters was one of the park’s weaker suits when I last visited in 2016, as much as I do like Hulk.

In spite of this, though, one of the main reasons I love Islands of Adventure is because it tries to offer a bit of everything, and in spite of the fact it takes on a number of different types of experience, it does them all exceptionally well. It’s exceptionally well-themed, possibly the most strongly themed park I’ve ever set foot in (and I’ve visited all 4 WDW parks), but it also has a relatively decent coaster selection, an arguably world-class water ride selection (I somehow haven’t actually done Dudley Do-Right, but Popeye and Jurassic Park are my two favourite water rides, so I don’t see why Dudley couldn’t rank up there too), an arguably world-class dark ride selection (Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey are two of my very favourite dark rides, and Cat in the Hat is a decent little ride for what it is; I can’t comment on Kong, as I haven’t actually ridden it), and to be honest, a combination of the great ride selection and world-class (in my opinion) theming really make me feel a sense of magic within IOA that I haven’t really felt within any other theme park. To be honest, my point about IOA’s coasters being one of their weaker suits might be slightly irrelevant now that they’ve built VelociCoaster and Hagrid’s since my last visit, but that’s besides the point.

My point is, as much as coasters interest me more than any other kind of theme park attraction, and they are what I usually centre a park visit around, I appreciate a bit of variety too, and I’m sure the same could be said for many of the guests who visit Alton Towers or any other theme park.

This might just be the dumbest comment I've ever read on these forums. Well done.
So you go to Alton towers and think 'I can't wait to go on duel and Hex! '. Good on you if you do but I'm sure most don't. Also the irony of people on here moaning at me for not understanding others opinions but my opinion is called dumb.

Last edited:
If only there was a dislike button on this forum ;)

I'm visiting again this week solely to get back on duel and hex. Those rides are plenty of people's favourites, and it's naive to say that people don't look forward to riding them on a visit. A park filled to the brim with coasters and very little else simply doesn't make for a very good experience, just look at Thorpe Park.

So you go to Alton towers and think 'I can't wait to go on duel and Hex! '. Good on you if you do but I'm sure most don't

Hex is my second or third favourite attraction at Alton Towers. A day at the park isn’t complete for me without a go on it. The lack of indoor attractions has stopped me visiting the park so far this season as they provide variety in things to do.

Why you cannot seem to accept not everyone thinks like you I don’t know.

I second that actually :p

Hex is my second or third favourite attraction at Alton Towers. A day at the park isn’t complete for me without a go on it. The lack of indoor attractions has stopped me visiting the park so far this season as they provide variety in things to do.
Completely agree, Hex is my favourite non-coaster attraction at Towers, and there is no point me visiting while the indoor attractions are closed.

I'm visiting again this week solely to get back on duel and hex. Those rides are plenty of people's favourites, and it's naive to say that people don't look forward to riding them on a visit. A park filled to the brim with coasters and very little else simply doesn't make for a very good experience, just look at Thorpe Park.
Tbf Thorpe is full of crap coasters. Cedar Point is filled to the brim with coasters but is a brilliant day out.

But yeah, Towers is not an amusement park so the point stands.

So you go to Alton towers and think 'I can't wait to go on duel and Hex! '. Good on you if you do but I'm sure most don't. Also the irony of people on here moaning at me for not understanding others opinions but my opinion is called dumb.

The whole point is you repeatedly fail to see anything from anyone else point of view. You take your own thoughts as a sample size of one and presume everyone else does or should think the same.

Your opinion is repeatedly based on your own lack of understanding, thought, and empathy. That devalues any worth your opinion might have and makes for a frustrating/pointless read.

A theme park is not a good theme park if it don't have a good dark ride or two. And a theme park should not just be all about rollercoasters, a good themepark will have a good variety and variety is the key here. I love a good dark ride including Hex and Duel and the dungeon boat ride (shame that it has an additional charge for experiencing it).

A theme park is not a good theme park if it don't have a good dark ride or two. And a theme park should not just be all about rollercoasters, a good themepark will have a good variety and variety is the key here. I love a good dark ride including Hex and Duel and the dungeon boat ride (shame that it has an additional charge for experiencing it).
Especially in a country where the weather isn't great most of the time. :p

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.