• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I second that actually :p

Completely agree, Hex is my favourite non-coaster attraction at Towers, and there is no point me visiting while the indoor attractions are closed.

Hex is a firm favourite of mine. It’s such a theatrical experience from the queue to the exit and it’s a true testament to what a dark ride can be when it’s done correctly. The story telling is incredible, the music is incredible, the lighting and effects are incredible and I think that pretty much sums up my opinion of Hex!

Anyway, back on topic, SW9 should be a pure thrill indoor coaster in my opinion.

I agree that the secret weapon moniker should be reserved for the park's larger coasters. With that being said, I'm more than happy to wait several years before we hear anything about the next secret weapon. Sort out the supporting line-up (flats, shows etc.), spruce up certain areas of the park and give us a good few seasons with new events and improved operating hours. Thankfully this seems to be the direction the park is moving in, so I'm quite prepared to be patient and let Thorpe get the next major coaster.

Your opinion is repeatedly based on your own lack of understanding, thought, and empathy.
What are you on about. My opinion is just an opinion what has it got to do with others thoughts. Why would I build up an opinion based on what others think? It wouldn't be my opinion then would it

What are you on about. My opinion is just an opinion what has it got to do with others thoughts. Why would I build up an opinion based on what others think? It wouldn't be my opinion then would it

Your ideal theme park filled with coaster after coaster would not be viable for a family targeted park such as Towers. It’s ridiculous to even argue that a park with ten coasters (many of which are world class) needs more, when you can count the number of indoor family attractions on one hand. It would be a good day out for you but you simply aren’t the target market of the park .

Your ideal theme park filled with coaster after coaster would not be viable for a family targeted park such as Towers. It’s ridiculous to even argue that a park with ten coasters (many of which are world class) needs more, when you can count the number of indoor family attractions on one hand. It would be a good day out for you but you simply aren’t the target market of the park .
How can towers say the target market is family when it has more coasters than thorpe which is in the thrill market. If towers really think they're a family park then they've got the wrong idea lol

How can towers say the target market is family when it has more coasters than thorpe which is in the thrill market. If towers really think they're a family park then they've got the wrong idea lol

you know coasters can offer a range of experiences?
But in simple terms, Alton has three 1.2m height restriction coasters and five 1.4m restrictions. Plus a powered mine train.
Thorpe has five 1.4m restrictions. One that used to be lower (X) but went up to 1.4m (Walking Dead) plus a powered coaster (Flying Fish).

that’s just the coasters showing AT has three more family thrill rides compared to Thorpe.

you know coasters can offer a range of experiences?
But in simple terms, Alton has three 1.2m height restriction coasters and five 1.4m restrictions. Plus a powered mine train.
Thorpe has five 1.4m restrictions. One that used to be lower (X) but went up to 1.4m (Walking Dead) plus a powered coaster (Flying Fish).

that’s just the coasters showing AT has three more family thrill rides compared to Thorpe.
Yes they have more family coasters, but let's give wicker man and th13teen credit when it comes to thrills too. I personally think they're both way more thrilling than galactica and I'm sure some will agree. I don't find galactica thrilling whatsoever, but I guess it's not supposed to be

Look at the marketing - the “ideal” customer is a family with disposable income, skewing towards the younger family markets . These provide the best income.

The park doesn’t make money on single teens and adults who come for 3 hours , just for coasters, bring their own food and picnics , and leave.

The trouble the park has is they have lost a lot of their family offering without replacing it

I know this is a bit of a crazy thought, but could SW9 potentially be a Nemesis refurb? Obviously given the ride in question it's not a small thing, and Towers will (rightly so) want to make a big fanfare of it, and given the size and cost of the task I doub't they'd want to do that close to a new major coaster project. Plus, I've been told by a friend who knows someone at Towers that Nemmy's ride system is at the "end of life phase". If that's the case, It's refurb and SW9 could align nicely.

Last edited:
I know this is a bit of a crazy thought, but could SW9 potentially be a Nemesis refurb? Obviously given the ride in question it's not a small thing, and Towers will (rightly so) want to make a big fanfare of it, and given the size and cost of the task I doub't they'd want to do that close to a new major coaster project. Plus, I've been told by a friend who knows someone at Towers that Nemmy's ride system is at the "end of life phase". If that's the case, It's refurb and SW9 could align nicely.

A refurb of an existing attraction is a very hard sell unless there's substantial changes made such as with RMC and their woodie conversions over the years. Nemesis is without a doubt on the radar for work, but I doubt it would be pushed as the next SW. Any future SW's are much more likely to follow along the lines of Wickerman and be suitable for families rather than restricted to the 1.4m+ market. My money is still on a dark ride, we're due one and they're a lot less restricted than the coasters are planning wise.

A refurb of an existing attraction is a very hard sell unless there's substantial changes made such as with RMC and their woodie conversions over the years. Nemesis is without a doubt on the radar for work, but I doubt it would be pushed as the next SW. Any future SW's are much more likely to follow along the lines of Wickerman and be suitable for families rather than restricted to the 1.4m+ market. My money is still on a dark ride, we're due one and they're a lot less restricted than the coasters are planning wise.
Yeah I do agree that a (large) dark ride would be good. :)

A decent indoor coaster for SW9 would make me a happy bloke, perhaps with some water element included. Something with the intensity of wickerman that older kids and adults can enjoy! I totally agree about the use of old school effects - a decent lighting design, haze and a good music score will always win over VR and tv screens in my opinion.

I have been banging on about an indoor coaster for years.

I think it's a real shortfall in the line up now that Black Hole is gone. I know a few coasters have indoor sections such as Smiler and Thirteen but a fully enclosed coaster with a great story or theming would definitely be a huge hit for visitors. This country is sadly known for having many rainy days too so again it's another ride to keep people out of the bad weather.

I can definitely see this being an option they'd explore.

I have been banging on about an indoor coaster for years.

I think it's a real shortfall in the line up now that Black Hole is gone. I know a few coasters have indoor sections such as Smiler and Thirteen but a fully enclosed coaster with a great story or theming would definitely be a huge hit for visitors. This country is sadly known for having many rainy days too so again it's another ride to keep people out of the bad weather.

I can definitely see this being an option they'd explore.
On the note about theming and story, if we get SW9 in 2024 then that would mark the 30th anniversary of Nemesis. SW9 could be a celebration of the secret weapon programme, combining thematic elements of each secret weapon on an indoor coaster.

Maybe I’m letting my imagination run away but it would be cool!

On the note about theming and story, if we get SW9 in 2024 then that would mark the 30th anniversary of Nemesis. SW9 could be a celebration of the secret weapon programme, combining thematic elements of each secret weapon on an indoor coaster.

Maybe I’m letting my imagination run away but it would be cool!
It could even explore the (fictionalised) birth of the Secret Weapon program!

Last edited:
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.