• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I’d like to bring this back on topic by saying that whenever SW9 comes - hopefully it’s still several years away so that Merlin can sort out the more pressing issues at the park (lack of flat rides / covered picnic areas / monorail refurbishment / Duel / Dark Forest / cosmetic work) - I hope SW9 will either be an indoor coaster or a water coaster.
I’d be perfectly happy waiting until 2026 at the earliest as long as the park invests in what they already have.

I’d like to bring this back on topic by saying that whenever SW9 comes - hopefully it’s still several years away so that Merlin can sort out the more pressing issues at the park (lack of flat rides / covered picnic areas / monorail refurbishment / Duel / Dark Forest / cosmetic work) - I hope SW9 will either be an indoor coaster or a water coaster.
I’d be perfectly happy waiting until 2026 at the earliest as long as the park invests in what they already have.
I think we will be waiting a while and I think the nemesis retrack confirms that. I think we are very very unlikely to see it before and I doubt it would be straight after. If we assume that the nemesis retrack is 2023 reopening in 2024 (which we don't know yet but we'll go with it for now) then realistically it probably won't be until 2026 that gives them plenty of time to get everything sorted. I think it's likely to be either 2025 or 2026. I don't think they'd want to wait much longer then that before they add something really marketable.

Is actually think we’re going to be surprised about the amount of investment going in.

Wasn’t there a £50m+ suggestion somewhere over 5 years? That should be enough to spruce the park up, fix the issues, do nemesis and maybe a £10m coaster

If you ever ever imagine of seeing this damn Cross Valley Coaster for SW9 that wasn't based on Wardley's plans...what about an RMC job...?

I know it's highly unlikely that anything, let alone that would ever be built though all the same I hate to say this but I'm kinda glad we never got that original cross valley coaster as other than the two big drops, it looked rather sluggish throughout.

This thing though completely kicks the living crap out of Wardley's plans and oh my word...imagine that vertical drop into the valley! :eek::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Is actually think we’re going to be surprised about the amount of investment going in.

Wasn’t there a £50m+ suggestion somewhere over 5 years? That should be enough to spruce the park up, fix the issues, do nemesis and maybe a £10m coaster

The park would need £10m per year over the next 5 just to stand still. Besides the Nemesis retrack, the Monorail needs completely refurbishing, Walliams World needs just about almost everything doing to it, the rapids needs sorting, Oblivion looks rotten, they need at least 3 or 4 permanent flats (if nothing else but to replace the current end of life ones) and Towers Street needs to stop looking like a cake caricature of itself.

Meanwhile, the rest of the theme park industry marches on without Towers.

If you ever ever imagine of seeing this damn Cross Valley Coaster for SW9 that wasn't based on Wardley's plans...what about an RMC job...?

I know it's highly unlikely that anything, let alone that would ever be built though all the same I hate to say this but I'm kinda glad we never got that original cross valley coaster as other than the two big drops, it looked rather sluggish throughout.

This thing though completely kicks the living crap out of Wardley's plans and oh my word...imagine that vertical drop into the valley! :eek::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Like you say it would never happen but it would be a worlds top coaster for sure. At the very least one of the most unique and interesting coasters in the world.

The park would need £10m per year over the next 5 just to stand still. Besides the Nemesis retrack, the Monorail needs completely refurbishing, Walliams World needs just about almost everything doing to it, the rapids needs sorting, Oblivion looks rotten, they need at least 3 or 4 permanent flats (if nothing else but to replace the current end of life ones) and Towers Street needs to stop looking like a cake caricature of itself.

Meanwhile, the rest of the theme park industry marches on without Towers.
To
be fair - I get the feeling they are aware of this and the £50m will be used this way as opposed to new headline rides…
Like you say it would never happen but it would be a worlds top coaster for sure. At the very least one of the most unique and interesting coasters in the world.

sweet ….. just ace

Just wondering that I have to bring this thread back to life regarding this car park near Galactica that everyone seems to speculate could be the location of SW9, just how big is it anyway? Could an actual new themed zone could go there in fact?

Just wondering that I have to bring this thread back to life regarding this car park near Galactica that everyone seems to speculate could be the location of SW9, just how big is it anyway? Could an actual new themed zone could go there in fact?
Yes I think it could house a themed zone, if you look at the area of it on Google Earth, it is 17600 sq metres, and X Sector is 17900, so based on area alone, yes it could easily house a couple of coasters, flat rides and food/drink & games.

Yes I think it could house a themed zone, if you look at the area of it on Google Earth, it is 17600 sq metres, and X Sector is 17900, so based on area alone, yes it could easily house a couple of coasters, flat rides and food/drink & games.
Hmm, I have one thought on the matter that if it would mean a new themed zone for SW9 then it would have some ramifications for Galactica too.

Looking at it on google maps, I'm stunned at the large size of the area and it got me thinking that if/when SW9 is built in the area then this might likely see FV split in two with Galactica becoming part of this new area and this actually would finally solve it's placement in the area once and for all IMO. After coming up with the Discovery Port concept for TWODW that everyone seemed to like, time to put another plan forward.

If they were to theme the area to something akin to Lost Continent at Islands of Adventure which when you compare it's theme to that of Air's original planned oasis theme for the ride then they aren't exactly far off and if you are thinking ahead then yes, not only does Air return to replace Galactica (doubt anyone would miss the latter) but maybe if Merlin were willing to splash out the cash (unlikely) then we'd see that original plan finally be realised.

The idea of the area I'd go for is that this new area is in fact the last remaining safe area that managed to avoid being turned into FV by Nemesis' rampage and thus this new area would be what the area would be before and would in some ways expand on the lore of the area. They did that with NST explaining more of the story for Nemesis so why not for an themed zone? If you excuse me to go off a brief tangent before I go back into SW9, as a kid I always thought that Nemesis and Air existed as a Yin and Yang theme in which the former is evil and the latter is good unless I'm getting the wrong end of it but nonetheless the idea of Air acting as a spirt that protects the land from Nemesis from taking over that area of the park could be an idea to give the ride something of a story and that the metal station building and perhaps the Rollercoaster Restaurant could have both their exteriors themed to that of a rockface structure and palm tress in the area in which the idea of flying through over the rocks and various scenery interaction sounds quite tempting. And yes, that damn tunnel in which I think you all know what to say here...

Anyway back on topic, if this area was actually to be part for SW9 then not only would the queue and entrance for Air have to be moved but that final helix section would finally be in a good place for onlookers to watch the ride go by, currently only seen by those in the queue, and maybe even go as far to add some more scenery in that area to make it look nice (by the way am I the only one who feels that while the track colour is nice, the supports could be painted in a dark shade of blue to make the ride look more 'relaxing and friendly'?)

For SW9, I would harbour a hunch that a MACK water coaster could be plonked in that area which may sound like a boring suggestion but honestly does make some sense in which it would appeal to the family audience which is something Merlin are keen to cash in on plus, as much as I would love more than anything to see an indoor coaster on the park, I will admit that Towers does need a new water ride since Flume is no longer with us and this would surely fill in that gap. Only problem is would such a ride be something Merlin would like to brag about 'world's first etc' malarkey. Other than marketing it as the UK's first water coaster, I'm not sure what else could be done that they could try and make it sound interesting but all in all with such a large area to play with, the possibilities in what can be done can be tempted that would be for the first time we see an area on the park that's not a retheme but something built from scratch from Merlin.

I've rambled on enough but I had to write this out before I forgot about it, after the Discovery Port idea I revived, why not revive the original oasis theme to show that old ideas will always make a return one way or the other? :)

I'm not expecting it to happen but I'd love them to build a huge indoor coaster like Van Helsing's Factory for SW9 but only longer, better and obviously with a different theme.

It would certainly tick a lot of boxes.....It would be another top class attraction to do when the weather is bad as it often is, it wouldn't cause a huge amount of noise to nearby neighbours given it's an indoor ride and they could also open it any time they wanted (i.e. Christmas openings) due to it being indoors too.

My dream is for a Steam Punk area to be added on the car park eventually and that indoor coaster to be the star attraction of it.

I'm not expecting it to happen but I'd love them to build a huge indoor coaster like Van Helsing's Factory for SW9 but only longer, better and obviously with a different theme.

It would certainly tick a lot of boxes.....It would be another top class attraction to do when the weather is bad as it often is, it wouldn't cause a huge amount of noise to nearby neighbours given it's an indoor ride and they could also open it any time they wanted (i.e. Christmas openings) due to it being indoors too.

My dream is for a Steam Punk area to be added on the car park eventually and that indoor coaster to be the star attraction of it.
As I said before, I'd have the steampunk area and indoor coaster to replace TWODW or have gone for that theme first instead of going for what we have now.

But yeah, seeing an entire new themed zone built from scratch for the first time at Towers in decades would be quite something and arguably something long overdue.

As I said before, I'd have the steampunk area and indoor coaster to replace TWODW or have gone for that theme first instead of going for what we have now.

But yeah, seeing an entire new themed zone built from scratch for the first time at Towers in decades would be quite something and arguably something long overdue.
A steampunk-themed area would be amazing. Even better though, why not have the entire new area indoors, like a lot of European parks do? Would give everyone a fair amount to do on rainy days, and would allow for plenty of theming. :)

I very much doubt SW9 will be on that car park and in fact I wouldn't be in favour of them using it at all. They shouldn't be cutting infrastructure like parking when I'm sure the aim is to get back to near enough 3 million guests a year. They're nowhere near that yet but I'd hope that's the parks aim.

No they don't, they've got some fields they are apparently going to convert. The galactica car park is in a good location and should remain. Anyway I think they may well struggle to get planning permission there. Especially since they are filling nemesis with sand.
Not if the hardware is enclosed in a soundproofed building. ;)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.