• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
No they don't, they've got some fields they are apparently going to convert. The galactica car park is in a good location and should remain. Anyway I think they may well struggle to get planning permission there. Especially since they are filling nemesis with sand.
So they do have plenty of car park space then? Lord of fields that could easily be converted

Put it this way, if they've got loads of space for parking (like the galactica car park) why are they building more?
Other parks have repurposed car parks into attraction space. Just look at Black Mamba at Phantasialand, that whole area was originally a car park! No one would be able to tell nowadays. Plus, it's right next to a road, and the theming acts as a sound barrier. :)

Put it this way, if they've got loads of space for parking (like the galactica car park) why are they building more?
Could they be looking long-term, and building the new car parks with the Galactica car park's removal in mind?

I would suspect building on the Air car park would be a last resort. Not only would you have to shell out the £20million or so on the new ride/area, you then need to spend millions more replacing the car park capacity elsewhere.

Far better to use up other spaces around the park that won’t require this level of investment for ultimately the same return.

I feel like it would make more sense to remove a current ride to make way for SW9 rather than use the car park because, as people have said, obviously the car park is an asset they don't necessarily want to lose and I would imagine converting an area like that into a ride area might be a pain in regards to planning permission? Correct me if I'm wrong. Also let's be honest it would also be more work to form into a themed area rather than something already landscaped and paved, etc, and Merlin love a shortcut

I know it's a big park but other than the Air Car Park where is the next most obvious place for a new land to be built should they ever decide to of course?

I'm not really up to speed with the planning rules anymore but I was under the impression that despite the size of the place a lot of the land is basically a no go for development.

I know it's a big park but other than the Air Car Park where is the next most obvious place for a new land to be built should they ever decide to of course?

I'm not really up to speed with the planning rules anymore but I was under the impression that despite the size of the place a lot of the land is basically a no go for development.
Only place I can think about is the old Coaster Corner area near TWODW which opening that land up would not allow the GP access to the flag tower but also as someone mentioned before a second gate in the long term future if the railway station was to reopen, and even then any coaster there would have to be an indoor ride due to the exceptional restrictions in that area due to noise complaints which is why Coaster Corner was closed in the first place.

Maybe very slightly are either in Gloomy Wood where that apperant hoax Vekoma bike would be built in near Duel. Personally I always thought that would have been a far better area for Thirteen IMO and we wouldn't had such a lousy Dark Forrest theming job and it might blended in better with its theme far more.

Finally the other is Adventureland in which once Spinball is gone, that whole area could be used for something though more likely would be annexed into Cbeebies Land...not sure how big that area is honestly.

Suppose really the short to medium term realistic idea is to enhance each area either with much needed TLC or new flat rides to help improve guest satisfaction and attention before the park can look into SW9.

There's loads of space for car parking, just not a lot of car parks if the Air car park is gone. Similarly, there's loads of space for a coaster within existing park boundaries technically, but it just requires some imagination.

I think we would be amazed what they have probably planned in places we would even think off over the years. There must be so many ideas that never make it past - well - an idea

I think we would be amazed what they have probably planned in places we would even think off over the years. There must be so many ideas that never make it past - well - an idea
Yes well things like John Wardley once said there was a plan for a standup in Katanga Canyon with a big hole for it to drop into. No idea how you’d fit it there but clearly they’d considered it. There’s space it’s just being creative, which is a good thing in my eyes as it forces them to build something more interesting.

My point is more aimed at cost and imagination. If you look at the Air car park then that's fine, it's perfect space for a new coaster and associated area. But to do that they would need to asphalt some of the fields to compensate. That or go multi storey.

Similarly there's loads of space inside the park. It's one of the biggest theme parks in the world. Some of it can't be built on and there's the tree line to consider. There's room everywhere but it's not about building a coaster over existing areas for the hell of it. They'd need to remodel or remove something else. Plenty of space, but it requires Nemesis/Oblivion style thinking.

Multi story car parks are usually more expensive than coasters, and would probably not get planning on the Towers site.
Neither would large scale asphalt car parking.
Plastic mesh matting has been much mentioned for the overspill field parking.
More sensible idea, as the park has enough tarmac parking for 90% of opening days.
Look how BPB squeeze their rides in, easily space for another coaster in every built up area of the park, over, under and around the existing rides.

Multi story car parks are usually more expensive than coasters, and would probably not get planning on the Towers site.
Neither would large scale asphalt car parking.
Plastic mesh matting has been much mentioned for the overspill field parking.
More sensible idea, as the park has enough tarmac parking for 90% of opening days.
Look how BPB squeeze their rides in, easily space for another coaster in every built up area of the park, over, under and around the existing rides.

even X Sector?

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.