• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Had a quick look at possible rides that could fit in the Project Horizon building earlier and found it interesting that today S&S posted some new videos on the axis coaster and on the website the spec sheet states the ‘off the shelf’ model is the same exact width as the building plans for horizon at 46m and that custom layouts to suit are available. The other numbers aren’t wildly out of place either with max heights of 30m (horizon being just under 20 and I’m not sure if it could be possible to dig down a bit extra inside the building also to fit that extra in perhaps?) Would certainly be a crazy experience to try one in a show building / dark atmosphere?

Purely an idea and just speculating.... any thoughts?

I don’t even think the one Wardley came up with looked that great, appreciate that’s probably blasphemous to some though.
I must admit, I’ve always been a bit underwhelmed whenever I’ve looked at the 2003 cross valley coaster plans. I’m sure the drops would have been very good, but it doesn’t have much to it aside from those two drops.

This might be one for the controversial opinions thread, but… I’m glad we got Wicker Man instead of the cross-valley coaster. Wicker Man might not be nearly as big as the cross-valley would have been, but it has a lot more to it and has some really fun airtime pops and twists that I’m not sure the cross valley coaster would have provided in the same way.

With that being said, however, I don’t think a coaster that uses the valley to some extent, is an idea without merit, nor is it impossible in my view. You wouldn’t necessarily be restricted to a woodie anymore seeing as the park has Wicker Man, and I feel like something like a launch coaster that had the bulk of its main ride in that empty top bit of Dark Forest and used the valley for one really awesome drop in its layout (think something along the lines of Iron Rattler) would work well and be a great ride.

The key stumbling blocks of the 2003 woodie proposal were the quantity of supports required and the noise it would have generated, both of which are things that would be allayed by building a different ride type.

I must admit that the valley is a lot smaller in width than I’d pictured, so I think the “cross valley coaster” in the traditional sense of a big woodie or out and back would have more limited scope than some expect. However, I think a coaster mostly based on one side of the valley that used it for one drop in a larger layout could be really good.

"Escape whilst you can" does actually suggest you may only have a limited time to do so on Rita.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Could well be a non-starter, but also could be a genuine clue to something. No-one knows, time will tell. I do think Dark Forest is a credible location for SW9 though.

Launched RMC with a huge drop down the valley, up into an outward banked turn that inverts on the way down, and then a stall at the peak of the return journey

Remember when Wildfire was announced and jaws collectively dropped? When the time comes, Towers needs that moment. The station could be either FV or DF depending on whether Rita is removed

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Could well be a non-starter, but also could be a genuine clue to something. No-one knows, time will tell. I do think Dark Forest is a credible location for SW9 though.

I'm almost certain it has nothing to do with teasing a new ride. Its just related to the "you must escape" as Rita launches out of the dark forest.

I agree, they use of the words “while you can” does seem to imply a time limitation, I don’t think those words have been used carelessly or by accident.

I’ve always thought that due to the tree height restrictions that Towers have any potential SW coaster would have a strong chance of being something launched and quite low and twisty, whether it be a Taron style Intamin Blitz or a Mack multilaunch. A ride like that would make Rita seem a bit old hat and a little redundant, and seeing as Rita still seems in good nick it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility for Merlin to sell the ride on and use some of its space for a new coaster. Liseberg did something similar in selling their 2005 Intamin launch coaster Kanonen in 2016 to make way for Valkyria (and the ride lives on as Matungi at Lost Island Theme Park in Iowa).

Last edited:
I'm almost certain it has nothing to do with teasing a new ride. Its just related to the "you must escape" as Rita launches out of the dark forest.
Of course it relates to the "you must escape" on Rita, they wouldn't just use some random phrase that had no relevance to it, especially if it is a tease about it. If not then why not just use "You Must Escape"?
If they did the same thing with Wicker Man for example they would probably use a phrase like "Feed The Flames, whilst you can"

Last edited:
Had a quick look at possible rides that could fit in the Project Horizon building earlier and found it interesting that today S&S posted some new videos on the axis coaster and on the website the spec sheet states the ‘off the shelf’ model is the same exact width as the building plans for horizon at 46m and that custom layouts to suit are available. The other numbers aren’t wildly out of place either with max heights of 30m (horizon being just under 20 and I’m not sure if it could be possible to dig down a bit extra inside the building also to fit that extra in perhaps?) Would certainly be a crazy experience to try one in a show building / dark atmosphere?

Purely an idea and just speculating.... any thoughts?
I would actually love it to be an Axis coaster. I have seen people say "why would you put a ride like that indoors in the dark?", which they may have a point about, if it were to be pitch black. But just because the ride is indoors doesn't necessarily mean it will be "dark" in there and that you wouldn't be able to see anything or where you are going.

Edit: Sorry for the double post btw.

Last edited:
To me, “escape whilst you can” is just related to the theme of Rita and Dark Forest rather than hints at removal. Not every new poster with specific wording is hinting at something. It’s just a poster, that’s all.

Escape whilst you can just kinda indicates that there's a looming threat in dark forest there's a reason Rita says 'You MUST escape' it's because you're escaping from danger if Rita said 'you should probably escape no rush though' then this poster would be a bit more of a big deal.

Escape whilst you can just adds to the motive that there's a threat if you don't escape.

Last edited:
I must admit that the valley is a lot smaller in width than I’d pictured, so I think the “cross valley coaster” in the traditional sense of a big woodie or out and back would have more limited scope than some expect. However, I think a coaster mostly based on one side of the valley that used it for one drop in a larger layout could be really good.

Are you saying that because of the plans? It is worth noting that the valley is not perfectly aligned to a due heading. Eg, due North, due East ect, whereas the plans are. So this makes the valley look thinner than it actually is on the plans due to it not being perfectly located along a due heading. If that makes sense.

Are you saying that because of the plans? It is worth noting that the valley is not perfectly aligned to a due heading. Eg, due North, due East ect, whereas the plans are. So this makes the valley look thinner than it actually is on the plans due to it not being perfectly located along a due heading. If that makes sense.
I think I did actually look at it on Google Earth once, and the valley isn’t wide enough in any one place for something like, say, an out and back coaster unless they did it l-shaped.

Sounds like a challenge for the Speed Build Contest Matt!
Believe me, you're not the first one to have that thought... however, I'm absolutely abysmal at terraforming on a large scale, so I'm not sure I'd actually be able to make a template that was good enough for players to build within...

Believe me, you're not the first one to have that thought... however, I'm absolutely abysmal at terraforming on a large scale, so I'm not sure I'd actually be able to make a template that was good enough for players to build within...
I'm pretty good with the terrain tools Matt, I could have a go for you if you like.

Get the width of the valley from Google (I was going to ask you how you got dimensions from Google actually Matt as I wanted to do a scale Dark Forest the other day) and the height of the valley on either side. Use the standard in game floor as the bottom part of the valley. Build a wall on either side to the correct height to and width to be used. Since it's layout only, Terra forming would be optional?

Get the width of the valley from Google (I was going to ask you how you got dimensions from Google actually Matt as I wanted to do a scale Dark Forest the other day) and the height of the valley on either side. Use the standard in game floor as the bottom part of the valley. Build a wall on either side to the correct height to and width to be used. Since it's layout only, Terra forming would be optional?
I guess that’s true… I did not think of that!

In terms of how I get dimensions; I use Google Earth, look up the park or ride area I’m wanting to build in, and use the Path tool to measure the length and width of the area. It’s somewhat imprecise, I know, but it works well enough for what I want to use it for.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.