• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Team Changes

Craig

TS Administrator
We're almost 6 months old now, and TowersStreet wouldn't be an Alton Towers forum without some team changes! So, without further ado we announce one goodbye and at the same time give a warm welcome to a team newbie.

Goodbye to James
Firstly, we say goodbye to James (who? :p). James joined the team back on TowersTimes as a member of the forum team, and moved over with us to setup TowersStreet. As well as working on the forums, he's also been busy behind the scenes helping out with the massive task of organising our galleries, and has been absolutely instrumental in getting TowersStreet to where we are now.

To say we're sorry to see him go would be an understatement, but he's decided that he's unable to dedicate enough time to help due to his Real World™ commitments. That doesn't mean to say he's disappearing though, as James has promised us he'll be around as a forum member and has kindly offered to help out the team as and when he can should we need a little extra help. Who knows, maybe one day we'll even manage to see him on a meet!

Anyway, away from the doom and gloom of losing James *cries a bit more*, we now require a new team member. For those of you who have been around since the TowersTimes days, you'll know that shortly before we left we ran an application process for 2 or 3 new team members. We took on our social media champion djtruefitt, however the events that led to us leaving meant that we didn't have chance to recruit others. With the new site and forum considerably smaller, we took the decision to hold off from having any further team members at the time.

Hello Scott!
It seemed a shame to let the hard work on the applications go to waste. So, when we started TowersStreet we promised we'd refer back to them when the time came to recruit. We'd then aim to bring on board some of those we were going to offer a position to. As a result, we'd like to say a massive welcome to Scott. Although his current username may not ring a bell, as one of the forum's most regular posters, you'll know him under his previous username of mrbrightside.

Scott has been part of the community for some time, and seemed a perfect fit to step into James's shoes since he's also one who seems to avoid meets like the plague! That said, he's been a very good poster on both TowersStreet and back on TTF so is a welcome addition to the team. His applications for both site team and forum team stood out, with a forum team position earmarked for him before us leaving TT rudely got in the way :p. In his new position, Scott will be helping mainly on the forums but will also be involved in developing and growing the new website in the coming weeks and months. He's also under a statutory requirement to attend some meets in 2013 instead of hiding behind that keyboard of his!

So, I hope you'll all join me in saying huge huge thank you to James for the work he's carried out on both TT and on TowersStreet during his time on the team and give a massive welcome to Scott to the TowersStreet Team.

With Scott coming on board, we're now likely to run a new application process for any future team positions. We're not sure when that will be yet, but keep an eye out on the forums for any news on team positions in the coming months!

It's been a pleasure to work on the team and be a part of the birth and development of TowersStreet. Everyone on the team is doing a sterling job behind the scenes and there's a lot coming to the site, so I very much look forward to seeing the site grow more and more.

I wish Scott the best of luck working on the team. A very good choice of member for the team role. :)

Best of luck to the both of you, James with your commitments to your real life what the hell are one of those? and Scott with your work for forum! :)

Erm, Craig, TST's six months old next Tuesday. ;)

It's a shame to see James leave the Team, and I certainly wish him well. And I think that the Team have made an excellent decision in asking Scott to join - he's certainly proven himself to be an excellent contributor to the forums over the past year. All you need to do now, Scott, is come on a meet. :p

Sad to see you go James, hope your real life commitments won't stop you from coming on a meet in the near future :p

Congratulations Scott! Now get your arse on a TST meet next year! ;)

I like to say goodbye to James, who seemed omnipresent at all times. Indicating either a passion for the site and discussion, or serious need to get out a bit more. Evidently it was latter.

I'd also like to lodge a formal complaint against Scott's appointment to the position. Because he's from Norwich and shows little to no remorse for this fact.

Jonathan said:
Erm, Craig, TST's six months old next Tuesday. ;)

It's a shame to see James leave the Team, and I certainly wish him well. And I think that the Team have made an excellent decision in asking Scott to join - he's certainly proven himself to be an excellent contributor to the forums over the past year. All you need to do now, Scott, is come on a meet. :p

Yeah, this is what happens when you write something up at 4am in the morning :p

Well done to both of you, James has done a grand job with helping on the site and I hope Scott keeps us young (and old) whippersnappers in place! ;) Good luck on the Team!

p.s. After being with us so long, both of you need to get on a ruddy meet!

Thanks James, and well done Scott! It'll be some time before I dissociate the name with the chief of another particular theme park website, but I'm sure it'll come in time :)

mrbrightside was 4 albums back anyway, it would either have had to be your own name or "fleshandbone" - so I'm sure it's the right choice ;)

Ah no, not James! I remember when you joined the team and I was one of the few to actually recognise who you were. It's amazing how well everyone's got to know you since.
ps. I love your current signature and avatar.

And welcome Scott. Ignore Dar, us East Anglian’s are happy to have you represent us :)

New victim team member colleague, which is nice but really sad to see James go but his reasons are understandable.

Think Scott/ MrBrightside will be a great member of the team and looking forward to working with him :)

Aw, gutted to see James go, enjoyed your posts and your Doctor Who sigs/avatars, particularly the Dalek ones. Good luck, however! :)

Can't think of anyone better than Scott to fill his shoes though, always enjoy mr.brightside's posts and so look forwards to seeing another welcome addition to the team, congratulations on your post. :D

NastyPasty said:
Aw, gutted to see James go, enjoyed your posts and your Doctor Who sigs/avatars, particularly the Dalek ones. Good luck, however! :)

He's not stopping being a member so I'm sure you will still get those perks :)

Indeed. I will not be leaving TowersStreet completely and will continue to post on here. Only changes will be that I won't as as active. As some have pointed out, I do seem to have an omnipresent on here. Due to me just wanting to focus on other parts of my life I will not be around as much in future. I will not be leaving though, I doubt I'll ever leave this place completely. :p

:)

Very sad to see the better of the two Jameses on this team leave :( But it's nice to have Scott to run around and make us tea and the like :)

Dammit... I knew I'd become the tea boy!

Sorry I'm a bit late in saying hello... I've been at work all evening! Firstly, it's a shame to see James step down and he has given me some big boots to fill, after all we all saw those boxer shorts pictures and we know what they say about guys with big boots eh? ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to live up to James' work though and I look forward to being a part of the team and helping out around the place. Thanks to the team for choosing me and welcoming me in so nicely and thanks to all you guys who have said something nice :) N'aww.

Lastly, I hope to bloody get on some meets next year... I guess it's an unwritten team requirement! ;)

Thanks again guys :)

Out of interest, was there any reason for the name change? Or were you just bored?