• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Teenage Cancer Trust Charity Single

WillG

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Katun
Firstly, yes, this is a bit of an advert, so I'm sorry if I've posted it in the wrong place - but trust me, it's for an excellent cause.

As a handful of you may know, my youngest brother was diagnosed with terminal cancer at the age of 12; 4 1/2 years he's very much alive, but not so much kicking, as the radiotherapy that's kept him alive has sadly lost him the use of his legs - hence my interest in disabled access at certain local theme parks. However, this is not a sob story, nor a quest for sympathy - there's a feel-good story attached, believe it or not!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/band-hope-cancer-patients-record-5146034

Through the music therapy service at Manchester Christie hospital, he was introduced to a band formed of other patients, and today saw the release of their first single with proceeds being donated to The Teenage Cancer Trust. Annoyingly, the publicity for the release (which has been delayed months for various confusing political reasons) has not been as great as we'd hoped, so I'm trying to get the Blue Sky Day message out to as many people as possible - it's a refreshing yet radio-friendly song, and stupidly catchy as well - obviously, with it being my brother on lead guitar, it also holds a LOT of sentimental value to me - I'm not an easily moved man, but listening to the song still makes me quite emotional.

So, if you want to make me smile (and feel that bit more virtuous yourselves!), Blue Sky Day by Y.O.U 62 is now available on iTunes, and whilst at 79p, it's far less than the cost of a pint, every download goes one step further to improving the lives, treatments and prognosis of young cancer patients nationwide.

Perhaps music can't cure cancer; but it can have a bloody good try.
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/blue-sky-day-single/id677779702
Thanks very much :)

Blue+sky+day+poster+final+%28reviewed2%29jpeg+Borg.jpg

I just purchased it :)

It's quite catchy, gotta admit. You use be really proud of your brother.

^
Yes :)
I've been walking around the house with it CONSTANTLY stuck in my head for the last few days, which may be mildly annoying, but gives me a warm feeling inside :)
Watching the youtube video and seeing the Garner name in the credits twice is a great feeling, just wish I'd been able to do more to help, but I guess the publicity phase is where I come in now - thanks for downloading, family were thrilled when I said we'd sold one :)

For anyone interested, the song was played live for the first time since its release at a small open air venue in Burnley this afternoon, which I caught on video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfzgvFe2vB8#

Annoyingly, the population of Burnley didn't seem too keen to open their wallets for us, but iTunes sales are apparently healthy - though as my brother quipped this afternoon "Mr Blobby has a UK number one single. Where's MY UK number one single?!" :p
Thanks once again to those who've downloaded :)

YOU62 on Twitter