• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The 2017 General Election

Has anyone else noticed the Tory party is using youtube to bypass the laws against election advertising?
For the last few days, every single video I’ve attempted to watch (on mobile devices that don’t have adblock, at least) has been preceeded by very legally questionable videos making Corbyn out to be some kind of terrorist. How the hell are they allowed to do this‽

Oh yeah. Because they make the rules, that’s why.

(I very nearly posted this in the illuminati topic...)

Tories for you that. Anyway they denounce and attack Corbyn and the Labour party without coming up with actual, valid political ideas will be pounced upon by them, regardless of how illegal they are.

Speaking of the parties, did anyone see the 'debate' tonight? I thought May came off panicky and worryingly wobbly, an absolute treat for Corbyn imo

My neighbours said they weren't voting, waste of time etc. So I politely pointed out they'd have no rights to complain next time their benefits are cut, they immediately went and found their voting cards and toddled off down the road to make their mark, not that it makes a difference here, it's a Tory stronghold unfortunately because most people share their view.

I'm reckoning minority rule but DUP sweet talked to help. May gone soon with either Boris or Amber Rudd (spits). Brexit shall be interesting fun.

DUP with the tories definitely then election after Brexit negotiations I'm predicting. Possibly May gone but I can't see Borris at all and Rudd only hung on by the skin of her teeth.

This is the second time in just over a year that the tories have gambled with the future of the country for party political gain and lost. It's a disgrace and the ball is now firmly in Labours court in the lead up to the next election to make sure they're punished for this.

May won't go anywhere, unlike Dave who realised what he had done almost immediately, she still "won" so in her mind so that will be enough to feed her delusion, she will be around until she is either voted out by the public, dies or is forced out by her own party, the comparisons to Thatcher are not misguided in this respect.

Gonna be fun watching her deal with the DUP, aren't they a bunch of climate change denying bigoted homophobes?

The country def going to rack n ruin now. o_O
I blame all the students going out and voting
Do they not understand we need the Tories to win to sort out Brexit and then get rid of them :confused:

She will have to concede ground to a softer Brexit now that she has to get the deal through the commons. So far from the view that this will provide "instability", or whatever that was suppose to mean in terms of the negotiations, this could actually have saved us from going over the hard Brexit cliff edge we were destined for 6 weeks ago.

My concern now isn't her or her party, they're all but doomed lame ducks waiting to be put out of their misery any year/month now. It's their choice of bed fellows that worry me. If you thought the tories where right wing, you should see some of the stuff that the DUP stand for.....

My only concern is how will anybody from Europe keep a straight face in negotiations with the Conservative Unionist Negotiating Team.

All positive progress for Labour which I'm happy with!

What I'm not happy with is the DUP. Irony of the Tories and Theresa May calling Corbyn a terrorist sympathiser with a coalition of chaos (wrongly) when that's what she's ended up becoming and they've ended up being. Joke.