• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Advice Topic

JordanC

TS Member
I couldn't find anywhere suitable to post this and i didn't feel it deserved its own topic, so, i created this topic where if you have a general problem or just want some advice, post it in here and then hopefully someone in the community will come to your aid! :)

So on to my problem:

I need to start thinking about what subjects i want to do at A level and ultimately what degree this will lead into at university. I have a very strong interest in ICT and would like a job based in this field in the future, however i'm currently unsure as to which specific area i want to be in. So I want something broad, and not something that's going to limit my career options later on, so i was thinking maybe computer science? I want to go to Oxbridge, and with my ability, school believe this is viable and i was wondering if i should combine my degree with philosophy or natural science? I'm not put off by coding or programming, but at the moment i have very little knowledge in that area. (Basic understanding of C++, HTML and CSS) Also, what good, well paying jobs are available after I've done my degree? For my A levels, i was thinking of doing: maths, further maths, chemistry, ICT and physics(I wanted to do computing but they won't teach it at my sixth form :( ) One final note, am i thinking too far into this too early?!