• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Cheers for that!

Well, today I had a thought. How about we create a written library of all the audio that everyone has (track name, length, quality) and then make a detailed list to see what is and isnt out there? I for one would like to see how much has gotten into the hands of enthusiasts over the years!

Anyone interested?

Ash said:
Cheers for that!

Well, today I had a thought. How about we create a written library of all the audio that everyone has (track name, length, quality) and then make a detailed list to see what is and isnt out there? I for one would like to see how much has gotten into the hands of enthusiasts over the years!

Anyone interested?

Hate to break this to you, but like with the TT Media section, I think it will be eventually taken down by a large chunk due to copyright claims. But it'd sure work with older rides and did you get any more of the other tracks that you wanted?

I didnt say host any of the media.

Merely everyone share the names/details of audio :) Its not breaking any laws just creating a text database. Simple.

there was loads of box's of DVD's some unseen ones, hopefully i will be doing it again in the next two weeks to look though loads of the DVD's and find some that have been there for years :D

I wouldnt expect so, opportunity is gone. AT would of seen that and secured the archive im afraid.

Rats :( Should of got pictures of all the stuff, you wont be able go back.

What unseen stuff? And nice pics of the SW7 project boards! Gerstlauer it is!

just had a talk with one of my close friends and he worked high up in towers, we have just been chatting and he said that he will sort something out soon for me, also i will get loads more pics and also a video coming soon :D

I think some of the members on here have extensive pictures of the Archives from an old meet...

TowersStreet.com has 4gb worth of photo's from the Archives when a bunch of us visited in November, i imagine it will make an appearance on the new site.

Hi everyone,

I remember back on TTF, someone posted a couple of links to Nemesis' 2007 station/area music. However, those links appear to be broken.

Please could someone share the links to these again? Thanks.

Martin.C

Just to re-bump this topic.

If anyone is interested here is a excel file with all my media on, if anybodys interested you could download it, add all the list of all your own media then re-up and we can see what we can come up with. Id like to do something like this for videos too.

Anyone interested?

I'm not sure how wise the spreadsheet idea is... It's well known that management read fan forums... I don't think people would want to reveal what music they own to them?

No I agree that it wouldn't be, but it is admitting to owning content that is probably copyrighted and owned by Merlin... It wouldn't take much for Merlin to look at a large list like that and then contact those who had said what they own without paying for it?

I'm not a copyright expert by any means, and it is a good idea! However, I was just stating a personal concern at it, that's all. It might be something to ask the site team about?

It wasnt an admittance of ownwership just knoweledge of what exists as far as im concerned ;)

Perhaps if we made a list of what media we "think" is used on rides that could be far more constructive? Area by area and ride by ride?

That is an ideal way of determining what music is left out there considering the amount of files that are edited, renamed and sent about the internet (Put up on Youtube/Mediafire/etc) and it would be an easier way of keeping track. Of course this wouldn't directly say where the files are in question but would give a better idea of what to look out for.

Perhaps starting from the top with the monorail making a list of the music/announcements we think have been played? Or everyone just pitch in with the rides they know and their audio/announcements and we can try patch it all together?

It might be worth hosting it not as an spreadsheet file but as a genuine lightweight website much in the same way as Jordan's planning permission website, just in pure area list form that would be easier to see. I think passing around a spreadsheet would cause a kerfuffle unless all the information just went to you Ash.

*shrug* not sure what the best option would be? Anyone got any ideas?

A dedicated site would be ace but not sure how we could implement it? Id happily let people post lists and then I can put them in the original post? It really is a mammoth task if we went into detail of:

e.g

Forbidden Valley - Area Audio:
Name - Forbidden Valley
Length - ???

Nemesis -
Main soundtrack
Entrance Soundtrack
Announcement - Sit Back Its Fright Time

Rita (Original Playlist):

etc

Past rides/Shows its a real can of worms!