• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

I love the idea of collecting all this data together! :) The spreadsheet has got some really good stuff in there :)

Rowe said:
It might be worth hosting it not as an spreadsheet file but as a genuine lightweight website much in the same way as Jordan's planning permission website, just in pure area list form that would be easier to see.

That's certainly a good idea :) probably quite a small thing to build really, given that the majority of the hard work has been done with the spreadsheet. Will give it some thought :)

Re: The Media Topic (inc. The DM Project)

Does anyone know if they could add a column with a link (If possible) to the audios?

Like a youtube video with them in or something?:)

LordOfDarkness said:
Does anyone know if they could add a column with a link (If possible) to the audios?

Most of the audio in the playlist is no longer online. A fair few are, although I know some of the ones I added in there (such as Sing Along with the Magic Makers) are not available in the public domain.

James said:
LordOfDarkness said:

Most of the audio in the playlist is no longer online. A fair few are, although I know some of the ones I added in there (such as Sing Along with the Magic Makers) are not available in the public domain.

Ahhr okay:) There seems to be loads of interesting audio I didn't even know existed in there!

Hats off to the people behind this idea!

Just a question on that Spreadsheet:

How do you actually listen to the music on it?
Is it possible?

I'll add some stuff to it that I have then!

Longy said:
Just a question on that Spreadsheet:

How do you actually listen to the music on it?
Is it possible?

I'll add some stuff to it that I have then!
There is no music on the spreadsheet, nor is the majority of the stuff on it available to download or access anywhere. The point of the project is to document all the sounds effects, music, voiceovers and announcements that are currently in use at Alton and have been used in the past. It's not a sheet to write down who has what bits of audio - as that could have negative consequences were Merlin to read it... :)

I think it would be useful to have another column indicating whether or not the audio in question is in the public domain, also maybe a 'notes' column giving a little more detail on some of the more obscure tracks.

I can think of quite a few pieces of audio not listed off the top of my head. These'll need adding to the spreadsheet as I'm pressed for time at them moment :p

Monorail

Resort Overview video: 2008(?) to 2012 - Not Available as far as I know -

2012 video - 2012 to present - Available to watch on Sounds Fishy's (The producers) website -

Delay: "Ladies and Gentlemen, there will be a short delay in the departure of the next train. Our team are working hard to keep this delay to a minimum" - Not Available as far as I know -

Yellow Line: "Please remain behind the yellow line while waiting to board the next train... Thank you." - Not Available as far as I know -

Train Approaching: "Train approaching" - Not Available as far as I know -

Doors - "Mind the doors please... Mind the doors." - Not Available as far as I know -

Th13teen

Loading: "Take your seats, and pull down your lapbars. Keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times, and hold on tight with both hands at all times." - Not Available as far as I know -

Dispatch: "If you go down to the woods today you'd better not go alone..." - Not Available as far as I know -

Offload: "Exit to the right, and remember to collect all of your personal belongings." - Not Available as far as I know -

Duel

Onload loop: "Please don't touch your blaster until the safety bar has lowered... Make sure bags and loose articles are secured on the floor of the vehicle... Do not pull down on the safety bar. It will close automatically... Mind your knees..." - Not Available as far as I know -

Congo River Rapids

Height: "Please be aware you must be at least point nine of a metre tall to ride the river rapids." - Not Available as far as I know -

Seats: "Please remain seated." - Not Available as far as I know -

Twirling Toadstool

Safety: Can't remember the exact words but it's the basic safety announcements. - Not Available as far as I know -

Ride start: Again, can't remember the exact wording, but it's something to do with the character from the ride. - Not Available as far as I know -

Oblivion

Oblivion Update: "This is an Oblivion update: The ride car which disappeared has still not materialised. Still, I'm sure it's around here somewhere... It's just a case of looking for it!" - Is available, but hard to come by -

Nemesis

Station #1: "Nemesis - In chains but still untamed." - Not Available as far as I know -

Station #2: "Nemesis - Sit back, it's fright time." - Not Available as far as I know -

Station #3: "Nemesis - See the blood flow. Enter the pit of vengeance at your peril." (Unsure if this is one or two) - Not Available as far as I know -

Spinball Whizzer

Ride Start: "Head back, hold tight, here we gooooooooooo!" - Available -

Smoking: "Please don't smoke while you're waiting, or while you're riding on the Spinball Whizzer. N-no don't smoke, no I mean that, no don't!"

Baggage: "Got any keys, mobile phones, wallets, or teddies? Keep 'em safe. Remember you're going to be whizzing and spinning! Leave any loose baggage in the station. Er, baggage is left at the owner's risk."

Ride End: "Wooohoooo, what a ride! When we get to the station, please exit on the right hand side. Thank you for riding on the Spinball Whizzer, wooohooo!"

Rita - Dark Forest

Ride start: "Keep your heads back. Hold on tight. You must escape... Go! Go! Go!" - Not Available as far as I know -

Ride end: "Undo your safety belt and exit to the left. Be sure to collect all you personal belongings" (Or similar) - Not Available as far as I know -

Dino Derby

Main theme - Available -

Berry Bish Bash

Welcome message and main track - Available -

Black Hole

Station track - Available -

Lift track - Available -

Those are just a few I can think of for now :p

Been like that since about a month into the season. Good though, far better having the old video than irrelevant advertising.

Added a few more to the file :)

Perhaps someone could start another for video?

The Media Topic (inc. The DM Project)

Id love to get a copy of the carnival of scream exterior 2010 where they remixed the old toy land tours music to a creepy version.

Here are the Sonic Spinball Lift Dispatches complete with SFX and an altered Roger Craig Smith voice - as heard on park. I've never heard three of them on park but anyways, here they are.

Click Me!

Thanks to both of you, that's awesome! It seems ages since we had some new audio to geek out over :D
(It's sad how much this excites me)

Don't know if anybody knew this but Kristian Truelsen is the actor who lens his voice to the role of Willy Wonka on CATCF!

Here's a link to his website, the second voiceover demo has a section where he sounds 'posh british' and that kind of sound like Mr Wonka too.
http://www.kristiantruelsen.com/actor/v ... edits.html

Is that track from the Scarefest app?