• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Well i have a cloud server if space is needed.
;)

But i would love to have all the media in one area for everyone to see and download.

But i do wish the park would just bring out the music for us!

Put it on streaming services and then it sorted then and everyone will be happy. The park will get small bit of money we will have all the audio we need. so its a win win :)

Well as that isnt an option like we've discussed perhaps we could create a list of all the audio currently used on park and then perhaps look at the past?

Nice idea guys, if it takes off i'll see if it can be incorporated into the new site.

Ive updated the original post so people can find the link and an explanation their :)

Anyone better at excel than me know how we can sort it so its in alphabetical order of the attraction column? So if you click at the top of a column it sorts it lowest alphabetical position or number first?

Re: The Media Topic (inc. The DM Project)

Few things to keep you all up to date:
- I've reverted the topic title back to it's original one (solely having 'The Documenting Media Topic' as a title is misleading) and have included the DM topic at the end. As after all this topic is to be used as a general media topic.
- First/original post has been fully updated, with an introduction to this topic and the DM Project created by a few of you. So new members and guests can refer to the first post to get their bearings on what this topic is about.
- I've edited the spreadsheet to show titles in alphabetical order.
- I've added my list of media I have on to the spreadsheet.

Editing some more now, wow this is a stupidly mammoth task :(

If anyone can help with:

Nemesis Announcements/Audio Areas
Oblivion Announcements/Audio Areas
Hex Announcements
Sonic Spinball Announcements
CATCF Announcements/Audio
Driving School Audio

If you know any of them put them in the spreadsheet or in here would be a massive help or just any others you know/can think of :)

Might have a few but not entirely sure. Will look in a sec.

Got the driving school video if you want it?

The Media Topic (inc. The DM Project)

Read the topic dave :) just making a list of what audio is used on park everywhere! Past and present. Not what media there is out there.

Sure you can add loads though!

Wow that spreadsheet is really useful. Will have a look see if i have any that are missing off the list.

Would love all the duel announcements and ugland 2007 music :)

Has anyone ever noticed this version of the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Ride (boat section), Isn't used any more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98AiA6i1CA&feature=endscreen

Some changes that stand out are:

The overused Oompa Loompa singing.

The classic,
'There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction they are going!
There's no knowing where they're rowing,
Or which way they river's flowing!
Not a speck of light is showing,
So the danger must be growing,
For the rowers keep on rowing,
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing'

Is currently sung by Mr. Wonka himself instead of an Oompa Loompa.

The phrase immediately after that - 'On to the Nut Room', is now said with more enthusiasm and rage.

The section where the Oompa Loompas sing about Violet, is currently where the music crescendos and where the inflatable blueberries and waterfall are situated.

Additionally the backing track isn't used at all, just the main ride theme.

Wow you guys have been busy! :D

Do you think a column for who's contributed to adding that track to the list would be any help? Like add your TStreet Username?

Or some colour coding to highlight new tracks etc etc?

ryanlovesaltontowers said:
Has anyone ever noticed this version of the Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Ride (boat section), Isn't used any more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q98AiA6i1CA&feature=endscreen

Some changes that stand out are:

The overused Oompa Loompa singing.

The classic,
'There's no earthly way of knowing
Which direction they are going!
There's no knowing where they're rowing,
Or which way they river's flowing!
Not a speck of light is showing,
So the danger must be growing,
For the rowers keep on rowing,
And they're certainly not showing
Any signs that they are slowing'

Is currently sung by Mr. Wonka himself instead of an Oompa Loompa.

The phrase immediately after that - 'On to the Nut Room', is now said with more enthusiasm and rage.

The section where the Oompa Loompas sing about Violet, is currently where the music crescendos and where the inflatable blueberries and waterfall are situated.

Additionally the backing track isn't used at all, just the main ride theme.

This was all changed and taken out due to a heavy dislike from Roald Dahl's Granddaughter. It was changed within it's first few months in 2006 - along with the lift pre-show and "spot dispatch" being taken out to aide with increasing the throughput. At the same time audio was revised and even added to help with the story. Sadly all the timing is rubbish now and that's why you just see veruca going crazy upto three times sometime, unlike before where each boat had a gap in between and it all worked how it was planned.

Cheers for the additions mattia! :)

Just as a reminder for everyone, this project is to make a list of all of the audio that has been used on park, ever! This isnt for what is downloadable, it is a list of every audio announcement, piece of music, sound effect, soundtrack, area music, playlist everything! From the park, the shows, hotels, radio ads, waterpark and conference center etc

So please get adding anything you know about as im starting to hit a brick wall with it

Didnt read it. Yeah I can help but im at work. Will add a few later :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Ash said:
Just as a reminder for everyone, this project is to make a list of all of the audio that has been used on park, ever! This isnt for what is downloadable, it is a list of every audio announcement, piece of music, sound effect, soundtrack, area music, playlist everything! From the park, the shows, hotels, radio ads, waterpark and conference center etc

So please get adding anything you know about as im starting to hit a brick wall with it

Yeah, every time I remember or hear something, I write it in the database if it isn't there for example I'm updating and adding Haunted Hollow and Flume as I type. I think if we all do this then it won't be such a mammoth task. Little quick updates over a course of time is better than one huge hefty one.

I can't remember the exact words but for Driving School there are 3 more announcements that aren't in the spreadsheet. There is also some background audio when the ride isn't running of birds tweeting etc.

1) Remember no bumping, and make sure you stop at the junctions.
2) Technical Difficulty 1 (Please stay in your car)
3) Technical Difficulty 2 (Please get out of your car)

For Hex, there are a few different announcements. Here are the ones that I can remember

1) Please now proceed to the vault.
2) Due to unusual disturbences currently being registered inside the vault we ask that you remain were you are momentarily.

There are some other staff announcements and evac audio from the original version of the attraction by Peter Dickson.

Oblivion has multiple pieces of queueline audio I think. There is also the main station audio and the video which plays about 10 seconds after the air gates have opened.

The Media Topic (inc. The DM Project)

Amazing! Get adding them too the list, I look forward to having a nosey later. Wonder if anyone could add the thunder rock rally radio and spinball playlists?