The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ash, 12th Jun 2012.

1. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

The thing I noticed about that parade was how incredibly good the audio set up was, each float having it's own music but all playing in perfect sync so it melds together as it passes. On a completely mobile parade I imagine that was quite a feat back then and the sort of detail that now sometimes lacks even in permanent attractions.

Last edited: 11th Jan 2021
    Nerdsticks and Skyscraper like this.
  2. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

I’m sure IMAscore feel similarly about The Smiler soundtrack ;)

Plastic Person, MattyH, D4n and 4 others like this.
  3. AltonTowersNerd

AltonTowersNerd TowersStreet Member

Some really good 90’s videos and park trips seen across YouTube lately and recently from youtubers, from early to late 90’s it’s like going down memory lane or to see what it was like back then. If you can find the noughties that’s good too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skyscraper likes this.
  4. Nerdsticks

Nerdsticks TowersStreet Member

Found something very strange and was wondering if anyone was aware of this at the time. It seems to be some kind of Sugar Puffs/Nemesis Sub Terra promotion crossover.

How very strange!

Alsty, Mi-Nigle, pluk and 4 others like this.
  5. ShadowTD

ShadowTD TowersStreet Member

6. MaxPower

MaxPower TowersStreet Member

The more I see of the new Alton Towers logo, the more I dislike it, so I decided to have a crack at it myself.

It's been over a decade since I studied graphic design at college so it's not perfect, but I think most efforts would be better than the one we have currently.

[​IMG]

7. Steve74

Steve74 TowersStreet Member

A few people have said they dislike the new logo but I honestly cannot see what there is to dislike about it? They've made it a little more 3D-like and changing the shape of the Towers slightly, made it a little more gold, and a few tweaks to the stars and "resort" font. Other than that it's the same. Or am I missing something?

RoyJess, Skyscraper and jon81uk like this.
  8. MaxPower

MaxPower TowersStreet Member

I quite like the 3d-ness of it, I think it's just the towers and the bushes that are a bit messy and out of proportion IMO.

It's all subjective when it comes to graphics and stuff anyway, there's no right or wrong way of doing it. Most of the people who it's designed for (the young'uns) will probably like it.

9. siralgenon

siralgenon TowersStreet Member

I wouldn't mind it as much if they just centred the 'T' although I still prefer the previous one.

MaxPower and Skyscraper like this.
  10. OilyWater

OilyWater TowersStreet Member

Looks fine to me, maybe a bit too goofy N busy still but. Glad they didnt change it too much really cos it's got a good long identity.

MaxPower likes this.
  11. LLCorkscrew

LLCorkscrew TowersStreet Member

Hi everyone - rather geeky post here!

This is a bit of a long shot, but I'm hoping there's a fellow Scarefest-music nerd out there who may know the answer...

Did anyone ever manage to find the exact version of Minuet (composed by Krieger) used in Terror of the Towers versions' 08, 11 and 12 in the banqueting hall scene? It's a rather shrill, high-pitched version of the classic with violins, a piano part and harp segment. For anyone who remembers those versions of TOTT, this tune was synonymous with the maze for a few years.

Here are two recordings: - 1) and 2)

I managed to find quite a few of the rare tracks Alton used for the various Spooktacular/Scarefest events from 2002 (the first one they ever did) to about 2012ish. Most of it was from royalty free sites, although they also used Midnight Syndicate & Nox Arcana, some mainstream classical stuff (particularly in the 2003 version), and soundtracks from films. (This was back before they created custom music for Halloween, although they did add their own effects in-house.)

For example, the queue line music for 2008 was a mix of two tracks; 'Dark Ages Hall of the King' by Bjorn Lynn and a track called 'Haunted' by Gavin Courtie & Liz Radford. (DAHotK was a nightmare of a find too.)

Note, this version of Minuet isn't to be confused with the variation they used for The Attic promo video in 2019: - which is here: -

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Skyscraper likes this.
  12. Alton Towers Heritage

Alton Towers Heritage TowersStreet Member

I know a fair amount of 2008 Scarefest music was recorded for Alton and not licensed, but there's always a chance it's around somewhere in one of the many Pitstop Productions audio leaks or that it was one of the few licensed recordings.

13. Alton Towers Heritage

Alton Towers Heritage TowersStreet Member

Since the link is now dead, does anyone have the file saved? Thanks :)

14. Nerdsticks

Nerdsticks TowersStreet Member

Found a neat article from Haunted Attractions UK (now ScareTOUR? Citation needed) on the design and behind the scenes of the Field of a Thousand Screams horror maze in 2007. Most interesting thing I found were the original character designs for when they were going to first attempt their American Altonville theme.

https://issuu.com/hauntedattractionsuk/docs/field_article

Last edited: 26th Jul 2021
    Skyscraper and Matt N like this.