• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Blue Peter did a segment on Scarefest's Trick o' Treat Town:

Shows a general layout of the attraction. It does a pretty good job at advertising it for kids, thought there was a strange emphasis on the smells, would have thought maybe it would have tied into a specific smell pod brand (assuming AromaPrime) but they don't drop the name at all.

Also 0:32 shows a very hurried shot of the plans of the area that looks to be directly underneath where the elevators sat, if that's of interest to anyone.

Last edited:
Shows a general layout of the attraction. It does a pretty good job at advertising it for kids, thought there was a strange emphasis on the smells, would have thought maybe it would have tied into a specific smell pod brand (assuming AromaPrime) but they don't drop the name at all.
If Blue Peter can't bring itself to say "Sellotape", I think "AromaPrime" would be a stretch !

Blue Peter did a segment on Scarefest's Trick o' Treat Town:

Also 0:32 shows a very hurried shot of the plans of the area that looks to be directly underneath where the elevators sat, if that's of interest to anyone.

If Blue Peter can't bring itself to say "Sellotape", I think "AromaPrime" would be a stretch !

That's because the BBC has a policy of no product placement.

Ah yea "sticky back plastic" and the Fairy Liquid bottles and Kelloggs cereal packets with the names blanked out a tiny bit but you still knew exactly what they were! Those were the days!

Interesting in that video how at 1m57 you can see the Mine Tours hats hanging up in the background. The hatched out area in those plans - is that part of the Dungeons?

Ah yea "sticky back plastic" and the Fairy Liquid bottles and Kelloggs cereal packets with the names blanked out a tiny bit but you still knew exactly what they were! Those were the days!

Interesting in that video how at 1m57 you can see the Mine Tours hats hanging up in the background. The hatched out area in those plans - is that part of the Dungeons?
I think the music studio is in the towers upstairs, where the archives and stuff is, so I guess they’ve just stored the hats in there somewhere safe, when they didn’t use them last year for mine tours. Unfortunately they’ve not returned this year either.

My post got removed for being dodgy. So Ill just state the names of The leaked tracks on Soundcloud

Outdoor Queue
Projection Room
Station
Exit Corridor

My post got removed for being dodgy. So Ill just state the names of The leaked tracks on Soundcloud

Outdoor Queue
Projection Room
Station
Exit Corridor

Just to be clear, your post got removed because it was some bizarre (to my mind, anyway) string of text that apparently needed a decoder for links to be viewable. That to me sounds like it is trying to hide something that should not be in the public domain.

Pretty sure you can find some of The Smiler music on YouTube, as well as the tracks that are available on the official IMAscore CD.

Just to be clear, your post got removed because it was some bizarre (to my mind, anyway) string of text that apparently needed a decoder for links to be viewable. That to me sounds like it is trying to hide something that should not be in the public domain.

Pretty sure you can find some of The Smiler music on YouTube, as well as the tracks that are available on the official IMAscore CD.

I was used to using base64 because I'm always on music stem Reddit's and they used base64 for their links. Also it wouldn't let me post links on here. Also since this is a music video and other multimedia thread I thought I should post the location of those tracks. [Hopefully it is fine with you to post the locations of leaked tracks like that. if not I can take it down if you want]

Romesh Ranganation, Rob Beckett and Tom Allen did a similar one night in Hamleys show last year.
Did anyone else watch it last night? I thought it was actually quite boring to be honest. Kept irking me by getting facts and info wrong too. :eek::mad::banghead::oops:

Did anyone else watch it last night? I thought it was actually quite boring to be honest. Kept irking me by getting facts and info wrong too. :eek::mad::banghead::oops:
Yeah I watched it, it certainly wasn’t aimed at park enthusiasts but it was quite funny in places. “The Spinball Whizzer” really grated on me haha.

I was hoping they would have done more rides and explored more areas of the park, but the core content was comedy and it was OK for what it was.

Watching it now on the C4 repeat. It's a bit boring and pointless so far.

3 people at a theme park, 1 of which doesn't like rides and barely goes on anything.

Good idea for a show but badly executed. The 'challenges' weren't even interesting or fun either.

The bit about Oblivion being 90 degrees irked me... well, that and the entire programme really. There was not enough rides, not enough behind the scenes stuff that would've actually been cool to show off. Loads of time was wasted just eating sweets and faffing about with stuff nobody cares about and that we could all do on a typical day anyway. Felt it was more about the egos of the presenters than anything. A total wasted opportunity.

It was a bit disappointing. It did feel incredibly staged. It was also full of 'scripted banter', which reminded me of the one time I watched Top Gear, also because it featured Alton Towers. There probably is a place for that kind of thing, but I reckon it's on Youtube.

To be fair, the bit with Spinball did make me genuinely laugh. There definitely were some funny bits. But you never felt like they'd actually been let loose in a theme park. I realise that most comedy is quite scripted. Stand up comedians who take the mick out of audience members have lists of jobs and towns and jokes they can do about them. If you look at the end of the a lot of panel shows there's a list of script writers. But when you watch them it feels spontaneous. Here I never really got that feeling. Maybe they were also a little bit old for the concept. It was presented as a kind of lads and lases having fun jape, but it might have seemed more plausible if they'd been a bit younger.

My favourite bit was the interesting facts about each ride. "This is Wicker Man and it's got 3 drops".

Last edited: