• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

From what I can tell, it wasn’t really aimed at enthusiasts. Unlike a theme park documentary, I think this was intended to have a wider comedic appeal as opposed to being something where you actually learn stuff like an enthusiast might be interested in.

I watched it myself this morning, and I actually thought it was OK for an hour of light-hearted entertainment. Yes, you didn’t really learn anything, it wasn’t the most orientated around the rides, and I’ll admit that having never watched any of the comedians in there, I didn’t really get any of the “banter” between them, but as a bit of light-hearted entertainment, I thought it was OK.

Not my favourite theme park-related program I’ve ever watched by any stretch, but I don’t think the park itself was the focus here; I think it was more centred around the presenters and their antics. Taking it at face value as a comedy programme set within Alton Towers, I thought it was OK as an hour of light entertainment.

Last edited:
From what I can tell, it wasn’t really aimed at enthusiasts. Unlike a theme park documentary, I think this was intended to have a wider comedic appeal as opposed to being something where you actually learn stuff like an enthusiast might be interested in.

I watched it myself this morning, and I actually thought it was OK for an hour of light-hearted entertainment. Yes, you didn’t really learn anything, it wasn’t the most orientated around the rides, and I’ll admit that having never watched any of the comedians in there, I didn’t really get any of the “banter” between them, but as a bit of light-hearted entertainment, I thought it was OK.

Not my favourite theme park-related program I’ve ever watched by any stretch, but I don’t think the park itself was the focus here; I think it was more centred around the presenters and their antics. Taking it at face value as a comedy programme set within Alton Towers, I thought it was OK as an hour of light entertainment.
Of course it wasn't aimed at enthusiasts but to be honest, I'm struggling to see how it met the remit of the show "[3 friends] are let loose in the UKs biggest theme park for high jinks. Will they brave the scariest rides?" Errr no - not because they were scared of them but because they never went anywhere near most of them!!

They only went on 4 coasters, drove around in a golf buggy (with "hilarious" results), turned the lights on in the arcade, had a go at the basketball game, ate some sweets, hotdogs and ice cream. Oh and operated the electric bin trailer and emptied a bin. It would've been something if they'd been to and looked at all the coasters then decided on just those 4 they did go on, but they never even mentioned half the park. No mention at all of Nemesis, The Smiler (even though it was shown multiple times along with the Nemesis drone shots), Galactica or Thirteen.

I just think it was a bit half-ar*ed to be honest and had so much potential to be much better. Some of the off-ride footage of Wicker Man was from the Facebook live broadcast Towers did just before it opened in 2018 as you could see the train totally empty yet it was shown during the on-ride footage of them riding it; and I'm convinced some of the generic drone shots of Towers Street and the lawns were done on a different date - I say this because they arrived at the park clearly in the summer as the Lawns was decorated in the summer theme. But I'm sure some of those night-time drone shots were around Oktoberfest because I think I spotted the chequered pattern on some decorations.

I was expecting them to be exploring the Towers, Hex, the gardens, Duel Forbidden Valley, even the rollercoaster restaurant would've been great - that could've been interesting if one of them was in the kitchen sending the food.

I get the comedy element, but if they didn't spend so long showing them meeting up at the start, talking to camera or eating sweets, there'd have been time for so much more!

What do you guys think if Alton Towers ever reintroduced old music in certain areas but still allowed the current music to still be played at random alongside the old music?

What do you guys think if Alton Towers ever reintroduced old music in certain areas but still allowed the current music to still be played at random alongside the old music?
Try listening to two different songs at the same time. It needs to be one or the other!

Quick Question, but what is the oldest piece of Music that still plays within the park, excluding the resort? At first I thought it could be The Runaway Mine Trains theme, but again, I could be wrong.
Hall of the mountain king written in 1876, many in the UK simply know it as the Alton Towers theme tune. It sometimes plays on Towers Street and in other area's across the park.
source: https://www.tso.com.au/tune-in-grie...King was first written,play Peer Gynt in 1876.

Katanga Canyon theme is probably the oldest that hasn't been re-done.
INHOTMK is used as part of the Towers St score, but the current version (think it is IMAScore) is only a few years old, think it was the year before Wickerman opened.
Nemesis theme would be the other older theme that hasn't been significantly changed in a long time.

Last edited:
We all know nemesis has had its music since 1994 which still plays, Katanga plays a mixture of different music, but not really sure if that’s always been there since 1992 or not.

Like John said the Black Hole music plays on Enterprise, I’m assuming that’s from a similar time to haunted house and Nemesis as it was all done by Graham Smart (also did Toyland tours and Towers Street music).

We all know nemesis has had its music since 1994 which still plays, Katanga plays a mixture of different music, but not really sure if that’s always been there since 1992 or not.

Like John said the Black Hole music plays on Enterprise, I’m assuming that’s from a similar time to haunted house and Nemesis as it was all done by Graham Smart (also did Toyland tours and Towers Street music).
Link here to Graham's Bandcamp page where you can buy most if not all the tracks he did.
https://graham-smart.bandcamp.com/

Last edited:
I know a fair amount of 2008 Scarefest music was recorded for Alton and not licensed, but there's always a chance it's around somewhere in one of the many Pitstop Productions audio leaks or that it was one of the few licensed recordings.
Thanks, Alton Towers Heritage. Do you know what music from 2008 was especially recorded for the Towers, for example, by Pitstop?

All the other TOTT music from 2008 was from royalty-free sites, film soundtracks (Nightmare on Elm Street, Texas Chainsaw Massacre), and Midnight Syndicate. Same goes for the Field and Boiler House '08. Towers perhaps added their own effects, but the originals were all royalty free, from films, or MS.

I even think The Haunting of Sir Algenon's Attic show featured royalty-free music but I'm no expert on the shows.

Here's a recording if anyone has managed to find it?

I stumbled across this video tonight which I've never seen before.

I think it was aimed at students studying science or design and technology. The video is broken into sections and discusses motion, control and structures over 26 minutes.

It's from before 1996 and features some great footage including Thunder Looper, Corkscrew, Nemesis, Energizer plus many others.