• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Hi all, a little bit of a plea (that relates to Alton!) I'm currently on the hunt to find other, likeminded folk who love theme park audio and are particularly keen on the audio of Merlin parks. I'm working on a project which aims to preserve and document all audio past and present, played at Alton, Thorpe and Chessington. I want to include things like area played, composer, is it commercially available etc. I am aiming to create a website where people can go on and find out all there is to know about audio played at the three main merlin parks and hopefully in the future, be able to have interviews with composers etc.

If you are super into audio or you have a huge audio collection knowing area played, ride, composer info etc and fancy helping out - please do drop me a PM. Thanks! :D

Hi all, a little bit of a plea (that relates to Alton!) I'm currently on the hunt to find other, likeminded folk who love theme park audio and are particularly keen on the audio of Merlin parks. I'm working on a project which aims to preserve and document all audio past and present, played at Alton, Thorpe and Chessington. I want to include things like area played, composer, is it commercially available etc. I am aiming to create a website where people can go on and find out all there is to know about audio played at the three main merlin parks and hopefully in the future, be able to have interviews with composers etc.

If you are super into audio or you have a huge audio collection knowing area played, ride, composer info etc and fancy helping out - please do drop me a PM. Thanks! :D
That sound great!! I do know a couple of things, but I unfortunately don't own any old audio of the Parks, but I do know quite a bit on who composed them, when they were made or introduced, etc.

That sound great!! I do know a couple of things, but I unfortunately don't own any old audio of the Parks, but I do know quite a bit on who composed them, when they were made or introduced, etc.
Thank you!! I hope it will be - any help is greatly appreciated - I've got a majority of information already but theres gaps...so anyone who may know anything or can share any information about any of the three Tussauds parks, do get in touch! :)

Thank you!! I hope it will be - any help is greatly appreciated - I've got a majority of information already but theres gaps...so anyone who may know anything or can share any information about any of the three Tussauds parks, do get in touch! :)
Of course. Oen if the things I do know is that at lot kf the msuci from the 90s as Chess and Alton were made by a man called Graham Smart, and he made all of his music in his garage with a mere synthesizer. He did a lot of scores to numerous rides such as:

Professor Burps Bubbleworks (1990)
The Vampire (1990)
Runaway Mine Train (1992)
The Haunted House (1992)
1994 Towers Street Music (1994)
Nemesis (1994)
Toyland Tours (1994)
Terror Tomb, also 1994 (but not the Gutair solo, that was done by a different individual, I can't remember his name sadly.)
Old Macdonslds Farm, I think (1996)
The Black Holes new music for when the area became X-Sector in 98, he didn't do the lift hills music though, that was by Andy Quin.

The Fifth Dimensions music was done by Rochard Hartley, who also did some music for Doctor who in the past. (1987)

Ug Lands aeea music (1999) was made by Ian Habgood, who also did Airs Soundtrack (2002) and all of the Lost City original soundtracks, such as Zodiac, Colossus, and Quantum.

Th13teens and Dark Forests soundtrack was done by Pitstop Productions back in 2010.

Duels 2003 score was made by David Buckley, and I also think he made The Flumes Imperial Leather score as well (I might be wrong there)

Nemesis Infernos soundtrack is made in house by Thorpe Park themselves, I THINK.

Simon Allen has done a lot of music for Alton Towers, such as Duels 2018 Soundtracks, The Retrosquads theme, TWODWs area theme. He also did a new Dark Forest score for the park, but this only lasted one year in 2020. He did the Alton Towers Dungeons music, as well as the events soundtrscks for all 3 parks. He did some scaefest music such as The Attic, Freak Show, Toxic Junkyard, Darkest Depths, Altonville Mine Tours, and Project 42. Last of all, he also produced Wicker Mans 'the welcoming'.

You me at Six, a band, made The Swarms score back in 2012, and can still be heard playing.

IMAscore has made numerous pieces of music for Towers and Thorpe, such as:

The Smiler (2013)
SpinBall Whizzers new soundtrack when the Sonic IP ended.
Wicker Mans music (2018)
Galacticas music (2016)
Fireworks spectacular Finale over the years.
Towers Steeet 2016 soundtrack.
DBGT.
Nemesis Infernos new score.
Colossus New Score.
X's new soundtrack in its final year as X.

That's all I can name sorry, theres just too many to list off. if you want to know all of IMAscroes music they do sell CDs of all their scores at Alton Towers.

Hope these facts help.

What an absolute end of a bell this child is. It's no wonder Towers and other parks have issues with abusive behaviour on a daily basis when tw*ts like this post this crap bigging it up about how brilliant they are for getting into Towers for free and getting the police involved etc. He should be banned for life, prosecuted and made to pay the bill for involving the police and wasting their time. Make an example of him. In case you hadn't guessed, this sort of thing makes me so angry :rage::rage::rage:

Sharing the video and giving him the views he craves is just playing into his hands though?
Yes and no. I shared it so people on here can see it (but not necessarily watch it all) and see what an absolute idiot he is. I've not watched it all the way though, whether that counts towards an actual view in YouTube's eyes I don't know. I guess you have to watch a certain percentage for it to be recorded as a view?

What an absolute end of a bell this child is. It's no wonder Towers and other parks have issues with abusive behaviour on a daily basis when tw*ts like this post this crap bigging it up about how brilliant they are for getting into Towers for free and getting the police involved etc. He should be banned for life, prosecuted and made to pay the bill for involving the police and wasting their time. Make an example of him. In case you hadn't guessed, this sort of thing makes me so angry :rage::rage::rage:

1. There are MUCH easier ways of getting in than that. Just as illegal, but easier.

2. Blame YouTube. Kids are making £££ off nonsense like this and it’s a constant case of trying to ‘one-up’ the competition.

I've seen this guy on TikTok, he basically does this for a living and walks into the back of any shop or restaurant you can think of and makes videos of it. It digusts me to see he's gone to Alton Towers and caused vandalism by braking fences etc. As @Steve74 said, he should be billed the damage and the price of a ticket, and banned. People get away with murder these days.

He breaks through a dodgy (merlin) fence and acts the knob.
Security get involved, he lays hands on staff, police called, thrown out after apologising to the staff.
Life ban.
I try to watch these kind of tings once in a while, to keep me down with da kids.
It is very difficult sometimes.

Skimming through it, it also appears he jumped over spinballs ride platform? What an absolute idiot, a lifetime ban suites this perfectly. He also effectively assaulted a member of staff who chose not to press charges, I certainly would've pressed charges if it were me. YouTube should stop this sort of thing from being monetised (ability to collect money from the adverts displayed on the video) however we don't know if it is monetised or not.
I try to watch these kind of tings once in a while, to keep me down with da kids.
Trust me Rob, most people my age would call this sort of person out. It's stupid beyond belief and trust me this is not something most young people would do. This idea that young people lack respect annoys me because unfortunately it's just a small proportion of people like this who paint a picture. Most people I know wouldn't dream of doing something like this. Not a good thing to watch if you want to be down with da kids (tbf though I'm not sure I'm down with the kids myself).

I was a little sh*t when I was younger I'm talking 12 - 17 I was a known trouble maker, obviously I'm 22 now I used to watch people on YouTube break into places or cause trouble and I kinda aspired to be like that.

This YouTuber seems to be to a even more extreme terrorizing people in public and threatening their lives and doing God knows what, I'm not a big fan of YouTube enabling this on their platform they'll be aware from how many people must have reported these videos (including myself)