• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Music, Video and Other Multimedia Thread

Here's my VLOG from Saturday's Nemesis Reborn opening day. You'll find a good exploration of Forbidden Valley at day and evening and the mad mad rush at the beginning of the day from the main entrance. I challenge you to find a more 'comprehensive' video from the day (come on, try it)! It's around 40 minutes long, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you set yourself an hour away from our mundane day to day things. If nothing else, it'll be a good thing to remember the day by in years to come. Most of the monetised vloggers will have spent a few hours there and rushed a video out just to get to the top of the Youtube listings by Saturday evening/afternoon, basically playing the Youtube algorithm game. Personally, I took my time and this video will give us all a good bit of footage to look back on for the opening day as a whole. Enjoy :)

Here's my VLOG from Saturday's Nemesis Reborn opening day. You'll find a good exploration of Forbidden Valley at day and evening and the mad mad rush at the beginning of the day from the main entrance. I challenge you to find a more 'comprehensive' video from the day (come on, try it)! It's around 40 minutes long, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you set yourself an hour away from our mundane day to day things. If nothing else, it'll be a good thing to remember the day by in years to come. Most of the monetised vloggers will have spent a few hours there and rushed a video out just to get to the top of the Youtube listings by Saturday evening/afternoon, basically playing the Youtube algorithm game. Personally, I took my time and this video will give us all a good bit of footage to look back on for the opening day as a whole. Enjoy :)

On point with this again mate. Watched this morning, really good footage and well made.

You are right. Far to many bloggers jumping the gun to get bad videos out. Your video takes it's time. Has a good look around, decent shots of the ride (really like the new angles the queue line gives of the ride.) and I love you took time to go see the gardens etc.

Well done lad.

I have indeed, and have replied, and thank you for it. And yes, some of the newly opened angles provide great viewing opportunities. It's actually worthwhile just spending an afternoon in the next few months just taking a camera and getting a load of pictures whilst it's still nice and fresh. Thanks for taking interest in my vids, it's genuinely much appreciated :)

I have indeed, and have replied, and thank you for it. And yes, some of the newly opened angles provide great viewing opportunities. It's actually worthwhile just spending an afternoon in the next few months just taking a camera and getting a load of pictures whilst it's still nice and fresh. Thanks for taking interest in my vids, it's genuinely much appreciated :)

Not a problem. Good work needs congratulating.

Enjoyed watching that. He used one of my images and credited me, which is the cool way to do things (also credited TowersStreet with a couple too). Have left a link to my old railway vid in his comments which I think is a fair exchange haha. I did point out a couple of inaccuracies too though. You can tell he's taken a bit of time to research it however, so fair play 👍

Enjoyed watching that. He used one of my images and credited me, which is the cool way to do things (also credited TowersStreet with a couple too). Have left a link to my old railway vid in his comments which I think is a fair exchange haha. I did point out a couple of inaccuracies too though. You can tell he's taken a bit of time to research it however, so fair play 👍

I really like this bloke. I've mentioned him in a post a further up. (Poor opening day blog.) Which is unlike him. But, I will forgive him for this. Should check him out if you haven't already. Did a couple of videos on the old American adventure site that was fascinating. He does a good editing thing if merging old and new images together, which is handy

It's Good he credited you aswell. Can imagine some bellendry amongst YouTubers goes on

I really like this bloke. I've mentioned him in a post a further up. (Poor opening day blog.) Which is unlike him. But, I will forgive him for this. Should check him out if you haven't already. Did a couple of videos on the old American adventure site that was fascinating. He does a good editing thing if merging old and new images together, which is handy

It's Good he credited you aswell. Can imagine some bellendry amongst YouTubers goes on
Yeah, I watched the whole video and he came across pretty well. I could definitely tolerate him if he made further videos that interested me. I almost didn't watch the video in the first place however, due to the arrow pointing to the train on the thumbnail :tearsofjoy: It was a close call. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's nowhere near as bad as most of the new breed who Google a 10 point plan on how to achieve success on Youtube and just follow the exact instructions and spam the hell out of the website. I digress anyway, he was pretty decent.

Yeah, I watched the whole video and he came across pretty well. I could definitely tolerate him if he made further videos that interested me. I almost didn't watch the video in the first place however, due to the arrow pointing to the train on the thumbnail :tearsofjoy: It was a close call. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's nowhere near as bad as most of the new breed who Google a 10 point plan on how to achieve success on Youtube and just follow the exact instructions and spam the hell out of the website. I digress anyway, he was pretty decent.

He does follow some bad trends. Sometimes he can have his face on shots too long. Having said that, he does do a wide range of topics and it's not just theme parks. I only came across him because he's local to where I live. Some interesting stuff about the old quarry incident at St.aidens and the old pit railway that ran through the villages I grew up in and live now.

Old enough to remember the train queue as ten times longer than the actual ride...Very Alton Towers!
Think it was pulled because the capacity was so poor for a rapidly expanding park.

I always associate little trains like this as something you did with the grandparents. Alton Towers these days isn't exactly swimming In old retired couples, clutching a picnic bag just there for the day out.

No breeding here brother.
Old git will do.
First time I was mistaken for a grandparent was on the Beach of course.

No breeding here brother.
Old git will do.
First time I was mistaken for a grandparent was on the Beach of course.

You will walk around handing the werthers out!!

The steam train, should be seen as a little reminder of how far the park has come in the 30+ years of operation and change in dynamic and culture of Britain in that time. Although it's a loss, it's also a gain as I've always enjoyed a little walk through haunted hollow. Especially at scarefest. Lovely little edition to the park that.