• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Anticipated Film Thread 2012

James

TS Founding Member
Know of an upcoming film you just can't wait to see? Then this is the topic for you! Post below your anticipated movie(s) of 2012!

I myself cannot wait for Resident Evil: Retribution.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoyMT-7wEqs[/youtube]

32 days until finally, the best film of 2012 will be released....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8evyE9TuYk[/youtube]

I can't wait for this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk5UStefYmE[/youtube]
It looks brilliant. <3

3 days!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp8Nw-yZEIQ[/youtube]

:D

Can't wait for another rare Spielberg/Williams combo in Lincoln coming out in November. Also a rare appearance from Daniel Day-Lewis, who usually performs monstrously when he does actually perform (see - The Crucible).

Lincoln_2012_Teaser_Poster.jpg

It just has to be Les Misérables!

No doubt!

I'm so excited to see how Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman pull off Javert and Jean Valjean! Seeing as one of my favorite songs from the musical is "The Confrontation" I'm eager to hear how they'll do!

Roll on 99 days! :D

From the moment I stepped foot on the set for Les Miserables, it has definitely been my most anticipated film of 2012. With Tom Hooper at the helm, it should come as no surprise if they rake up most of the Oscars and Baftas this year. Here is the 'Extended first look' which debuted on YouTube yesterday http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-uw5TehnZA.

From just looking at some of the shots, you can tell that this will be the biggest British film (that isn't a Bond movie or Harry Potter) to be made for a while.....the amount of cast members they packed into Greenwich for that barricade sequence is unbelievable o_O. And Anne Hathaway's acting is outstanding, she could very well steal the show from the rest of the cast (Hugh Jackman's singing on the other hand is not impressive)!

Odd as Hugh Jackman is the only one that started out as a musical singer and has played the West End and Broadway. Seen him sing live and he was good then.

Les Miserable is definitely one of my most anticipated films of the year along with The Hobbit

Just over a month until Skyfall, the next film in the Bond franchise. The only downside of the film for me is when I began searching to see who would be creating the theme for the movie. I really did think that no matter who the artist was going to be, you surely couldn't get any worse than Jack White and Alicia Keys attempt at a Bond theme with Quantum of Solace in 2008. But then I read this.

Oh sweet Jesus no.

They were throwing around names like Elbow who did such an amazing job at the Olympics, but they've instead gone for Adele.

This could be worse than the last one.

Danny said:
Just over a month until Skyfall, the next film in the Bond franchise. The only downside of the film for me is when I began searching to see who would be creating the theme for the movie. I really did think that no matter who the artist was going to be, you surely couldn't get any worse than Jack White and Alicia Keys attempt at a Bond theme with Quantum of Solace in 2008. But then I read this.

Adele has a fantastic voice, I can't see how she isn't a good choice for the Bond theme. Don't forget that the most well known Bond theme ever was Goldfinger and that was performed by a Shirley Bassey, who has a similarly distinctive and powerful voice. What we really have to hope is that it's a good theme in itself, not sure who's composing it though; if it's Newman then it should be decent.

Adele has an unique and average voice, like an even more popularised Amy Winehouse. And Bond has nothing to do with breaking up with someone.

If the trailer is anything to go by, the film deserves a track like a faster, more complex version of You Know My Name, not some break up ballad.

Newman is composing for Skyfall, so nothing to worry about there.

I agree Adele has a superb voice, but I simply detest her songs. This film has a lot to live up to, especially after the complete utter let down of QoS. However this film is most likely going to completely wreck QoS on such a massive scale. With it being directed by Sam Mendes, a promising looking cast [I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Bardem tackles the villain role, and not to mention the return of Q], and the fact the film doesn't have a writers strike looming over it this time, it's looking to be fantastic.

Adele is very much an artist that people either love or hate, with myself being part of the latter for her songs. I'm not too much of a Goldfinger fan either, but that seems to be the theme people are going to be comparing Skyfalls to. So far in Craig's era, we've been given a truly fantastic rock theme by Chris Cornell for CR [my 3rd favourite Bond theme of all time], and then a pile of drivel that shouldn't even be labelled with a genre for QoS. From what know so far, Skyfall apparently has quite an emotional context behind it, so I'd like to see the theme be quite deep and meaningful. If however Adele can't pull that off, it seems like the theme is going to be the biggest downfall of the film.

Danny said:
Newman is composing for Skyfall, so nothing to worry about there.

I agree Adele has a superb voice, but I simply detest her songs. This film has a lot to live up to, especially after the complete utter let down of QoS. However this film is most likely going to completely wreck QoS on such a massive scale. With it being directed by Sam Mendes, a promising looking cast [I'm very much looking forward to seeing how Bardem tackles the villain role, and not to mention the return of Q], and the fact the film doesn't have a writers strike looming over it this time, it's looking to be fantastic.

Adele is very much an artist that people either love or hate, with myself being part of the latter for her songs. I'm not too much of a Goldfinger fan either, but that seems to be the theme people are going to be comparing Skyfalls to. So far in Craig's era, we've been given a truly fantastic rock theme by Chris Cornell for CR [my 3rd favourite Bond theme of all time], and then a pile of drivel that shouldn't even be labelled with a genre for QoS. From what know so far, Skyfall apparently has quite an emotional context behind it, so I'd like to see the theme be quite deep and meaningful. If however Adele can't pull that off, it seems like the theme is going to be the biggest downfall of the film.

I feel that people are assuming too much that Adele will adhere to her usual song writing traits for this movie. A Bond theme is a unique opportunity for any singer and one that will inevitably require them to move outside of their comfort zone. It's rather a shame that David Arnold was busy and is unable to compose for this film because his style often worked well with the theme songs (see, Garbage - World is Not Enough) - however Newman should bring something different to the party and I'm looking forward to seeing his efforts at collaboration. Hopefully they are more Barry/Bassey-esque than the previous film.

I'll reserve judgement until I hear the song. I've enjoyed the last two Bond tracks as they're great when they're playing with the intro titles. They're both so energetic and you I couldn't help but feel excited and pumped for the film when they played in the cinema. I hope the lead in from the film to the title is as dramatic as the last two occasions.

Can't wait for Skyfall!

:)

Skyfall Facebook Page said:
Adele will premiere “Skyfall”, the official theme song to the upcoming 007 film of the same name, globally via her official site on Friday October 5th at 0:07 BST/LONDON time (7:07pm EST on October 4th). The track is available for pre-order at iTunes starting today. October 5th marks the 50th anniversary of the release of DR. NO and is being celebrated as Global James Bond Day.

After reading the script for the film, Adele enlisted Paul Epworth to co-write and produce the theme song to “Skyfall.” Adele admits, “I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for SKYFALL. There’s a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song. But I fell in love with the script and Paul had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no-brainer to do it in the end. It was also a lot of fun writing to a brief, something I’ve never done which made it exciting. When we recorded the strings, it was one of the proudest moments of my life. I’ll be back combing my hair when I’m 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day, I’m sure!” Recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London, “Skyfall” features the lush accompaniment of a 77-piece orchestra.

304991_527076127307303_86735041_n.jpg

I think it sounds really, really good. I expected Adele's voice to suit the sweeping, orchestral style of many Bond themes - this one has echoes of Garbage in the World is Not Enough. Love the subtle integration of the Bond theme into the background harmony as well - can't wait for the full soundtrack!

It certainly sounds a lot better than Another Way To Die so far. I guess I'll comment on it more when the full thing is broadcasted.