• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Brexit Thread

Thought this was an interesting look around the EU parliament. Why have I never seen anyone make a video like this until now? Whether Nigel Farage or whoever.

Seems to be a common theme among Brexiteers... When you've got nothing left to say just start insulting people!

(Yes I've got your joke now, very clever)

:rolleyes:

Anyway, it honestly won't be THAT bad, we are just leaving a trade union...that's it, you can still go to Europe, you can still even live there...the only thing that's changed is that we are now outside the EU.

:rolleyes:

Anyway, it honestly won't be THAT bad, we are just leaving a trade union...that's it, you can still go to Europe, you can still even live there...the only thing that's changed is that we are now outside the EU.

See this is when I get a bit miffed, you are so against the EU but don’t even understand it. Surely before supporting the biggest upheaval this country has had in decades you could have spent 10 minutes actually researching what it is and how it works?

Baffling

If the best thing you can do is tell me it's "not THAT bad", that means leaving the EU is bad.

Only earlier today I when I brought up Erasmus, mobile phone roaming, and automated gates at airports I was told "We'll sort those in the transition period" :rolleyes:

Something quite amusing about Brexiteers celebrating and letting off fireworks, when we're still subject to EU rules and regulations for 11 months but without any representation.
Why is this amusing? Or is this just a way to feel smug while people celebrate? It's obviously the symbollic change that people are celebrating, after 3 years of getting nowhere. I think it's well known there's more to come

Personally I celebrated by not realising and then looking at the clip of a big ben gif projected on to Downing Street. Hashtag awkward

Because they're celebrating leaving the EU but overlooking the irony that we're effectively still in the EU? Celebrate next year after the transition period if that's what floats your boat.
Im sure they will, and people will be just as annoyed then too!

I dont mind particularly. It's only symbollic, I will be more annoyed if it all turns out to be a big waste of time in 10-20 years and we all regret it. But it might be good. Time will tell I suppose.

I turned the telly down to listen at eleven...two small bangs some distance away.
For the sake of old lands eye.
Indeed.

People on the news telling us remainers that we have now left the EU and that we all should pulled together and move forwards.

Sorry just because we have left, doesn't change my mind. How can we all pull together when even the Brexiteers are arguing amongst themselves on what Brexit should look like? Not every one will get their idea of what Brexit will look like.

Last night for me was a sombre moment and not a time for celebration.

And for Nigel Farage, he certainly has a kind face, a kind of face that I wish to punch!

For the sake of this country, lets hope that the Brexiteers proves us remainers wrong and this becomes a stonking success. However I still think we have made a big mistake leaving and there are going to be tough times ahead.