• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The 'flat ride' future

I can vouch for that - I have to lean forward on Rita to stop my ears being destroyed by being bashed around between the restraints.
I just prepare for every turn by leaning against the side I'd hit. Rita is actually quite good without the pain.

Indeed, Rita just needs the orange lap part, the black OTSR don't do anything really other than bash your ears, the orange part is what holds you in.

The stupid thing is that Intamin make an Accelerator coaster restraint that uses tough fabric type stuff instead of the thick, solid, head-thwacking, awful smelling rubbery material used on Rita. Kanonen has them and was built at around the same time as Rita. They're a lot better in my opinion, although you still want to keep your head forward after the launch and they don't solve the issue of the uncomfortable protrusions at the sides of the seats.

The stupid thing is that Intamin make an Accelerator coaster restraint that uses tough fabric type stuff instead of the thick, solid, head-thwacking, awful smelling rubbery material used on Rita. Kanonen has them and was built at around the same time as Rita.
They were retrofitted onto Kanonen not that long ago.

i've also heard that the restraints on Maurer-Sohne X-Car coaster trains (like on G-Force at Drayton Manor) are very uncomfortable and restrictive.

I also think that Alton should probably get a Chance Wipeout for Mutiny Bay or X Sector-Fun, Easy to install and great for the family!

I think Mutiny Bay would be a struggle for space and its already the highest populated flat ride area with a whole 2! Heave Ho and Marauders.

Also isn't a wipeout a bit old hat now?

Id love to see a dark ride in Dark Forest, ideally a huss jump 2 themed as a tree.

Any thing in DF would be good, especially if it had a good throughput (support for two of the worst throughput rides in the park). Either a high thrill or medium/family thrill flat (like Th13teen) would work best.

Said it before, will say it again: Huss. Jump. Two.
Have you seen the size of Sledgehammer? It would go well above the tree line. along with that Sledgehammer has loads of downtime apparently but that could be just because its a prototype. Other than that, it would be a good choice

Nemesis should be above the tree line. Oblivion should be above the tree line. The smiler should be above the tree line, but towers have a way of getting around that don't they.

And this is the park that bought sub terra, I doubt throughput is a huge issue
You do have a point there, Sledgehammer would be perfect for the park if they somehow get it to fit in somehow

It's an awesome ride. Yes, they'd need to dig a hole, but so what? It would look sweet as an evil tree.

Last edited:
As would a KMG Move It 32 themed around a piece of machinery that has been taken over by the magic of DF. Perhaps there could somehow be a Mondial Inferno installed around the park sometime?