• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Flume, special boat now for small children?

Carolyn

TS Member
From a comment today on Facebook it seems small children now have to ride The Flume in a 'certain type of boat' and so they have to wait for one to come round. Haven't yet ridden, or indeed watched, the Flume yet this year so is this another recent tightening up on safety? Bet that is making the queue move slower on a baking hot day. Of course no one wants kids flying out of boats which I suppose could happen if the boat is not full.

This isn't that new, it's been in operation for at least two years. There's a seperate queue at the station specially for this. If a child under a certain height (I want to say 1.1m but I'm probably wrong) they need to go in a boat with handlebars in. I had to queue for one with my nephew and we had to wait a while for it.

Danni is correct, this is at least 2 seasons old. As you cross the bridge onto the platform there is a sign (and steps) to the right for those with smaller children.

I do believe there is a large amount of boats fitted for children so it shouldnt be an issue.