• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Flume

A modern Flume akin to Valhalla would also be good , look at how small the foot print is vs the Towers Flume , would be great for FV

Flume dark ride anyone? Something like Pirates Adventure at DMP just with more drops and splashed.

Oh wait, this is M£rlin!

If Towers put Chiapas in place of the Flume I would ride it multiple times throughout the day! And get IMA Score in to do the music and you will be on to a winner! They could even get the entrance up towards Katanga Canyon and theme it to Africa, rather than the rather boring pirate theme that it would get if it stays in Mutiny Bay.

Reactions: Dar
They could probably get Chiapas in and a few new flats in that space!

Would love a Chiapas style Flume, they are probably more towards the future of modern water rides, and if they coupled it with some proper dark ride style sections it could be a magnificent replacement...

The issue of course, still lies with the woodland, so what if the park decided to make better use of the man-made lake that the ride currently sits on, and used that as the main area for the construction? Would it be more likely than trying to build it through the trees again?

If Towers are planning to use the existing Flume site for another water ride then I think a traditional style flume system is the only way they would manage it. The woodlands would massively limit the layout, but at least with a single in-line flume you can have a pretty agile route which twists around the trees. You'd struggle to get something like Stormforce or Valhalla to do that.

Personally I think that the new Intamin system seen on Chiapas is the way to go. Everything happens so smoothly, with the boats darting their way around the ride, and it really does make for an enjoyable ride experience - it's one of very few water rides I could happily re-ride. There's none of these dead moments that you see on so many other flumes. Instead you're flying up the lift hills and going through some of the fastest transfers ever seen on a water ride! There's certainly a lot of potential with it (When it works :p ).

However, that said I'm not sure wether Alton would try and use the existing site, or go for a fresh site to build new water bodies on. Since the Flume and Rapids were built at Alton water hygiene has become a much more complicated manner. If I'm not mistaken under EU regulation any new water rides which wet the guests have to have their own isolated and treated water supply, like Dragon Falls and Storm Surge have.

Unfortunately, at Towers I don't think it's as simple as at Chessington where they can just add some new filtration systems to the ride's pond and chuck some chemicals in. Dragon Falls is fully isolated I believe, but The Flume forms part of a group of ponds if I recall rightly. The Rapids feed into The Flume, which then feeds into Battle Galleons, and then ultimately into the main lake at the foot of the ruins. I can't imagine the Environment Agency being too happy with chemically treated water from The Flume pool ending up in the main lake!