• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Four Day Week

While I appreciate the effort put into your post TheMan, your post doesn't exactly answer any of my questions. I'm on neither side, I'm just looking for direct answers to my questions (as I'm interested) and Gary's 4th question.

I'm not making a point, so to speak, but they are just issues that are quite real and came to my mind. I know there's no concrete answer, as this is all opinionative.

Sad that the right wing spin has made everyone think that everyone would choose to sit around and do nothing because they have enough money to live on.

I genuinely believe most normal people would care more and do more for the collective good if they were able to. Instead of being wage slaves people could start their own business, do lots more for charity, even set their own up. Even just spend more time with their family, especially those with young children or pensioners to care for.

It's a sad sign of the mentality of people now that people who don't work are automatically lazy, feckless and a drain on society who wilfully take from the rest and laugh about it through their crack pipes.

Blaze said:
Sad that the right wing spin has made everyone think that everyone would choose to sit around and do nothing because they have enough money to live on.

I genuinely believe most normal people would care more and do more for the collective good if they were able to. Instead of being wage slaves people could start their own business, do lots more for charity, even set their own up. Even just spend more time with their family, especially those with young children or pensioners to care for.

It's a sad sign of the mentality of people now that people who don't work are automatically lazy, feckless and a drain on society who wilfully take from the rest and laugh about it through their crack pipes.

But that's a sad fact of life Blaze, a lot of people are selfish and look after number one, and if I'm honest I'll stick myself in that category.

I work long hours because I enjoy the trappings money brings but I have to make sacrifices that some people might find unimaginable but that's what makes us human.

There are some people who can't find work yes but there are also a lot that are quite happy to sit on their backside doing sod all, I see them everyday when I drop the daughter off at school.
Some still have there pyjamas on for god sake, do we really want to give these people any more money?

It's not right wing retorick, it's reality I see it with my own eyes.