• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

Screenshotted from the Alton Towers News and Discussions Facebook group (link won't show due to privacy settings but if you're in the group you can see the original here)
Screenshot_20230122-210039.png
Looks like some random scraps, the worlds saddest egg and a cup (???) of value beans unlovingly thrown into a pizza box.

Had a similiar experience in ATH last year - ordered a pizza to the room and it was barely edible.
The treehouses???????
Disgraceful service, especially as part of a hotel that costs more than most 5 star hotels in the UK's major cities.

I.m currently in a PremierInn tonight & tomorrow night, with the cooked breakfast also booked for both mornings. I will report back with some photos if I can take them discreetly - but based on past experience I know the PremierInn offering will make that Treehouse room service breakfast look.... well like "you know what".

I'd love to know that Towers charged for that Treehouse breakfast, including the "tray / delivery fee". Should also add that the PremierInn breakfast is only £9.50 is booked in advance & has already been said, one child eats free per paying adult.

I have family in Staffordshire which I typically stay at when I visit, although I've also stayed in the Alton Towers hotels once a year for the last few years.

The experience last year wasn't up to what I'd expect for this price point, and the last couple of TS posts have finally swayed me. I won't be stayed there this season.

I can't decide whether this is comedy or tragedy. I suppose comedy if you're not there, tragedy if you are.

If they served me up that breakfast I'd be considering finding someone from management and making them airtight with it.

Last edited:
Stayed in a holiday inn express recently. Clean room, air con, quiet and a decent inclusive buffet all you can breakfast the next morning. Cost me £60.

Just priced up towers the weekend I am going to chained oak in July and I’m paying £230 for 2 nights….. Towers and EV is £611 or weirdly, £650 for Splash. Splash seems to be coming out more expensive than towers quite frequently now, I wonder why…. Anyway, I’m saving £400 staying 5 mins offsite in better accommodation. Happy with that!

I think ratings for the hotels will be in the toilet this year to be honest. If not for the cleanliness or service definitely for the food and drink prices.

As I've said before, Merlin have been producing more tragedies that Shakespeare over the past few years. Boy, I did dodge a bullet by going when I did. Actually, can someone tell when when the run down of the hotels began until now in which surely given the situation has to be rock bottom and honestly the more this gets put out there instead of just forums for our liking then Merlin will be getting much deserved flack.

The only positive of the utter calamity that is unfolding that we are going through the dark days of the hotels (the park in contrast might be on the up if all goes well but still) and that maybe someone at the top will realise what is happening by either dropping the price to half or actually try and make any kind of improvement big or small, neither will happen as much as you hope to see a B&M coaster in Scotland, actually what is more possible by this point?

I think Tripadvisor says it all, for secret garden reviews since October:
** Disappointing and unprofessional.
* Terrible
* Disappointing
* Bad food and bad service
* Horrendous Food

I guess it will only get worse as the hotels get busier like feb half term and main season (and prices probably continue to rise).

I take back everything I said about the hotels from my first post a couple pages back after the recent posts. They were good in 2016, now... NOW... Where's the love and passion in these hotels once had... the advert for the ATH feels like a scam now compared to this. though it most likely wasn't back then... the lack of staff, the horrendous service, the obvious budget cuts, and the lack of magic it once had...

It's truly a shadow of its former self. Alton, for the love of God, please fix your hotels... make them magic again... make them GOOD, both quality, experience, and value... please...

Thing is they don’t necessarily have to drop the price of the hotels. They do need to

1. Have high quality food in the restaurants
2. Good drinks and service in the bars
3. Table service in the bars
4. Being the band and decent entertainment back
5. Reintroduce the hotel perks, ERT, exclusive water park time, money of vouchers etc
6. Well maintained rooms
7. Clean rooms
8. Bring back the exclusivity and special feeling of staying in the hotels again

If you have these people will pay for the privilege of staying on site in the hotels in the same way people pay a lot to stay in the savoy - because they are guaranteed a high quality experience.

I am actually staying in a treehouse in March definitely going for the buffet option, horrendous to see this honestly.

I will report back after my stay, honestly after visiting the main hotel last August I had no complaints, especially for the deal we got.

I was speaking to a lady who stayed in October though and usually she has very high regards for towers accomdation but she was saying there was no eggs, plates, bacon, forks and all the food was cold too.
This was at 8:30 too, apparently the place was pretty much deserted for staff.