• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Hotels: A Journey

Stayed in ATH this weekend in a moon voyage room with some friends. Overall the hotel was fine and it was nice to stay on site again.

But……. Since when do the hotel bars close at 11pm? I know the Dragon Bar used to close earlier but even Splash was all closed at 11. I spoke to a member of staff who said they have been doing this for a while now.

Considering we didn’t get back to the hotel until nearly 10 we wanted to sit down and relax with a few drinks. But come 11 all the music went off, bars closed and everyone was left with nothing to do. We felt a bit like little kids being ushered to bed.

We spoke to some people who were staying in the pods who said they had a 10pm curfew where they were only allowed to be in a pod or in a bar but were not allowed to sit outside.

I understand reasons for doing it but they need something for adults which is open later. As I said before a piano bar would work really well in the Emperor Suite or open the bar in the conference centre.

Been saying for years a simple weatherspoons Type bar (not run by that blert) or full of "entertainment" and kids would be a treat at the park. Nice, simple and quiet for the adults to get away and have a bevvy or two.

I had a thought when I last stopped. Have it look like an old English pub. Wood beams. Round tables. Have images of past rides around the place. Nice ya olde images of the house and surrounding area. A nice place to sit and reminisce about the day and previous trips long ago. Celebrate the history of the place.

I did think of a name "wardleys Brake Run" for when you just need to relax after a long hard day going up, down and around.

Just have the Tavern open for hotel residents until three in the morning, with a couple of self drive golf buggies for the drunk drivers.
Nice distance away from the hotels so the noise doesn't matter.
I want bottles of brown for cash mind...and the nuts had better be salted...none of your card only.
Then you can just crash on the lawns until the rides open.

Just have the Tavern open for hotel residents until three in the morning, with a couple of self drive golf buggies for the drunk drivers.
Nice distance away from the hotels so the noise doesn't matter.
I want bottles of brown for cash mind...and the nuts had better be salted...none of your card only.
Then you can just crash on the lawns until the rides open.
Yep, fantastic idea, give a load of TST members free rein to get trashed until 3am and let them arse around the park unsupervised with golf buggies... Imagine the carnage!

Yep, fantastic idea, give a load of TST members free rein to get trashed until 3am and let them arse around the park unsupervised with golf buggies... Imagine the carnage!
Been there, done that (ice cream van) at Drayton with a young group camping about thirty years ago.
Amazing times, the old guy on security was fantastic with them..."Go on, play hide and seek round the rides in the middle of the night...you won't get the chance again...I'm in charge."
Free crazy golf at 5am, so we took him a cooked breakfast.
Those were the days.

Had my annual Scarefest sleepover at ATH and had a lovely time.

Staff as always are excellent, there’s a lot of people in customer facing roles who’ve clearly been at the hotel for a long time and have a real love for the place, a pleasure to deal with.

Room cleanliness is fine. Spotted a little bit of dust and a couple small cobwebs, I know how easy these can be to miss (If any of you lot ever visit my flat you’ll probably find a few) but I don’t think its too much to expect more thorough cleaning in what is the resorts most premium hotel.

Going to echo something I saw in this thread a few posts back; this hotel would benefit greatly from a quieter bar for adults (Open it later too) I don’t mind kids but after traipsing around the park for such a long time I would prefer to have a more relaxing drink. Copy the jazz bar from the hotel in Liseberg.

I’ve never been as put off by the breakfast as some other posters here (I must have low standards) but It was a marked improvement from last year, fair play to Aramark in this case. It seems like their offering resort wide has improved now that they‘ve had some time to bed in.

ATH is clearly in a better spot than it was last year and it’s nice to see that, onwards and upwards!

The reason why don't have the bars open later, is probably the same reason why they don't do the scare rooms anymore.

They probably think there's too greater a risk of noise complaints and the subsequent refunds/free night stays/free park tickets outweighs any benefits.

The reason why don't have the bars open later, is probably the same reason why they don't do the scare rooms anymore.

They probably think there's too greater a risk of noise complaints and the subsequent refunds/free night stays/free park tickets outweighs any benefits.
That’s why they started using Ma Garrita’s at Splash Landings as the later bar, it’s well removed from any guest rooms.

Gone are the post fireworks drinks in Ma's bar

Has anyone experienced the throughput recently? Was absolutely terrible last year.

Not sure if there is massive interest in this kind of thing, but thought I would share for anyone interested.

It looks like the park have recently (well, this year at least) updated the conference and events side of the website to include detailed 360 degree tours of the resort side of things. There is an aerial view, as well as 360 tours of various hotel facilities and rooms for ATH, Splash and EV.

Link is here:
Capture.JPG