• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

This snow is not funny. Not funny at all.

There really is that many mistakes in my posts?! Damn this Tapatalk milarky! :)

I have decide to have a go at asking out the person I was on about before in a few days...May as well try, as you never know till you try!

Every day is just filled with sadness and dread, and pain. I can barely cope just making it through each day, and haven't been able to since I was about 12.

Doctors don't know what to do. Go here, go there. I just want to hide in my bed under the duvet and cry. But I can rarely cry these days. Trained myself not to early on, otherwise I wouldn't be able to make it through each day without weeping several times.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Feeling more and more lonely as days go by. Probably perpetuated in part by my desire to find a partner, or more specifically my desire to be with one person in particular. Doesn't help that after recent events they appear to have more trust in me, which of course I greatly appreciate and indeed long for, but which has led to me offering relationship advice, and offering opinions on potential future partners for them, whilst watching them be completely oblivious to the hints I have dropped. Possibly deliberately so - it's not as if they've ever shown an interest in me (it's not as if anyone ever has), and in fact when completely and utterly hammered they've kinda shown the opposite.

This coupled with problems at work appear to be dragging me further into the depths of depression than I've ever been before.

Islander said:
Feeling more and more lonely as days go by. Probably perpetuated in part by my desire to find a partner, or more specifically my desire to be with one person in particular. Doesn't help that after recent events they appear to have more trust in me, which of course I greatly appreciate and indeed long for, but which has led to me offering relationship advice, and offering opinions on potential future partners for them, whilst watching them be completely oblivious to the hints I have dropped. Possibly deliberately so - it's not as if they've ever shown an interest in me (it's not as if anyone ever has), and in fact when completely and utterly hammered they've kinda shown the opposite.

I know how you feel , was in the same boat myself. But now I just don't care and draw strength from having good friends on here. I desperately cling on to this like a lifeline to help me or
I'd be even worse.

Poison Tom 96 said:
I know how you feel , was in the same boat myself. But now I just don't care and draw strength from having good friends on here. I desperately cling on to this like a lifeline to help me or I'd be even worse.
Yeh, same - without TST I don't know what I'd do. Problem is that as amazing as all my TST friends are, they're scattered across the country, and chatting online just isn't quite the same. I know more or less no one in my home town (county even), and so the lack of regular face-to-face interaction with good friends just destroys me.

Roger Ramrod said:
Every day is just filled with sadness and dread, and pain. I can barely cope just making it through each day, and haven't been able to since I was about 12.

Doctors don't know what to do. Go here, go there. I just want to hide in my bed under the duvet and cry...
I don't claim to know you well, but for some reason, it surprises and saddens me to see you spending so much time feeling like this.
Just look at those stats beneath each post - I know it doesn't count for much, but 'best poster', 'funniest meet moment' etc. is a good starting point. Maybe just me, but in the month I've been on here, you've made me laugh more than anyone else, be that 'IRL', on Facebook or on here - and it's clear you've got more than 2 brain cells to rub together - I'm no expert, but I'd say the looks are there as well :p

Not to generalise, but the majority of theme park enthusiasts I've met, even those who seem totally in control of their lives and even other people have been 'social misfits' to a certain extent, which is perhaps why this topic has a lot of similar problems in it - and hell, sadly, I'm no stranger to the scars and the SSRIs myself.

But (and this applies to all of you) - hard as I know it is, look at the positives, and say a big 'f**k you' to the rest of the world when it tries to get you down. Where possible, avoid the situations that make you miserable and be gentle with yourself - if there's one thing that can be learned from depression, it's that you're always stronger than you thought :)

...and if all else fails, there's always Dr. Kelman approved therapy ;)

Went out for a walk today, and whilst strolling past Trafalgar Squre I stumbled upon an anti-gay mariiage rally. I got talking to some bystanders, and accidently outed myself as being trans. I then got threatened by some men, who said they should 'sort [me] out'. It was quite scary.

It amazing how sad and down you can feel for no reason. And that's a lie you tell yourself to try and make you feel better. You treat your self to try and make yourself feel better, but only end up feeling worse because you know you should not of treated your self. Whether that be eating unhealthy, or spending money you do not have.

A downward spiral, that only makes things worse and worse.

Without the downs, there would be no ups, and without the ups, there would be no downs. I think the up, are called ups for a reason, and that it is because its harder to achieve them, like walking up a mountain. Feeling down, is easy to do, and does not take any effort, seeing the negatives around you, and enhancing them is easier, than seeing the positives and taking the actions required to achieve those positives can seem impossible. Breaking these positive actions in to smaller steps helps I find, but sometimes not reaching these small steps, can set you back, and sometimes, it is your mind playing tricks on you, you have achieved the step you planned to take, but because its easier to be down, you play it down, you still class it as a failure, and feel down, instead of feeling up about it.

Getting the right balance between striving for success, and not worrying about failure can be difficult. Nobody likes failure, but the stress of trying to achieve an impossible success, can be more depressing than failure itself. I guess it comes back to creating those small steps, and no matter how small, whether it be losing 2 pounds in 2 weeks, or saving £25 in a month, celebrate them like they are landing on the money, or winning the lottery, because what I find myself doing is playing it down, because I think its only a small achievement, and its not worth celebrating, which then makes me feel down.

I find when I am down, my self control is down, and that chocolate in the cupboard is easier to eat, even though I know the short term up, will lead to a bigger down. Buying that computer game, will have a short term up, but a bigger down when I have no money. I need to try and focus on the bigger picture when I am down, and fight these urges.

At the end of the day, everyone feels down, and I try not to think its just me, but everyone else goes through periods like this, and try and focus on positive events in the future. Sometimes, I find taking a break from what I am doing helps, sometimes, I just fail getting out of feeling down, and I try and just go to sleep that night, and put that day in the past, and focus on a new day.

Dwelling on what has happened in the past is not going to improve what happens in the future, learn from the past, but move on and on that note, I am feeling a bit better now.

And just to add something quickly, does anyone else feel guilty, or feel more down, when they are down because they think there are people who are worse off, and I have so much to be happy about?

Ian

I've been prescribed anti-depressants and I'm incredibly nervous about starting them. It's clear to me that if I don't take them, then I will forever get worse until I end up committing suicide, but I don't want to lose myself to tablets either.

I'm stuck in small claustrophobic room with no windows and two doors. Both doors come with serious risk and both lead to dark places. I just want out of this all.

Meat Pie said:
I've been prescribed anti-depressants and I'm incredibly nervous about starting them. It's clear to me that if I don't take them, then I will forever get worse until I end up committing suicide, but I don't want to lose myself to tablets either.

I'm stuck in small claustrophobic room with no windows and two doors. Both doors come with serious risk and both lead to dark places. I just want out of this all.

"If you broke your leg and someone gave you a crutch to walk, would you refuse and just continue on, or would you take the crutch and use it until you recovered?" - My GP, personal tutor with depression

The tablets aren't a bad thing. The medicine in them now is much more stable and "secure" than it was in the past. I can speak from experience, not as someone that takes them but as someone that lives with someone that does, you don't lose yourself. There are side effects, but even as someone looking in from the outside I can tell they are preferable to the alternative.

I know we've sometimes clashed but I really don't want someone to do anything that might harm themselves in some way. I'm a d**k not a horrible person.

EDIT:
IanB said:
And just to add something quickly, does anyone else feel guilty, or feel more down, when they are down because they think there are people who are worse off, and I have so much to be happy about?

Ian

I don't feel guilty about that per se, I feel guilty that I shouldn't feel down because it'll make other people feel down or sad and I have to be the strong one that's there for them when they get down. Which, as you said, only makes it worse and makes me feel even more down and so on and so on.

A great therapy can be considering things such as the two million children that are working in the sex trade at this moment or the 1 billion people that live on less than a dollar a day for example.

-Sent from a mobile phone-

Awful Parents evening yesterday.
Straight after nearly got jumped at McDonalds.
Got home and got roasted by my parents.
Super.

Meat Pie. anti depress medication is not the be all and end all, they are a tool. a tool to help you. I have never used them long term. I use them as a bridge to get me to a place where i can, with the help of others work on the problem(s) cause my depression. then i can remove the medication in a controlled way.

short term use of medication, can be very useful with out loosing yourself in them, well that my experience anyway.

Just keep working toward light of happier days, there are stumbling blocks along the way and it a long walk, but it is worth it in the end.