• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Down Topic.

Stuck in the tunnel on a train for three hours with no information, no air con, no toilets and emergency lighting :(

I'm currently suffering from post-meet illness and pains, making it a little hard for me to breathe and move properly right now. Good holiday, dreadful physical comedown! *curls back up in bed*

Rowe said:
I'm currently suffering from post-meet illness and pains, making it a little hard for me to breathe and move properly right now. Good holiday, dreadful physical comedown! *curls back up in bed*

I only did AT and now have the most dreadful Theme Park Face.

I think that you need to sleep. Lots. Why do we do these things again? :p

Poison Tom 96 said:
Rowe said:

I only did AT and now have the most dreadful Theme Park Face.

I think that you need to sleep. Lots. Why do we do these things again? :p

As much as I would LOVE to continue sleeping, some of these symptoms, particularly in terms of pain, I'm experiencing can't be dealt with in that way but I appreciate the suggestion.

I am often told off for 'having a moan' at things that I think are unjust. Unfortunately this is just the person I am.

I've been having problems at work which have highlighted my unsuitability for office work, really.

There is a group of people (mostly younger than me) who have been brought in since I started. They are a clique. They are gossipy, make snide comments at peoples clothes/chat/choice of font on Word, and time-wasters. I have made no mention of any of this to anyone, there are managers to deal with that and I am not a muck-stirrer.

However, recently they have started making it my business by making up lies about me and other members of staff. Accusing me of things, sticking their noses into my business and 'reporting' me to managers for things that have nothing to do with them. This has lead to me being paraded in front of everyone and having a 'talking to' where I have had to plead my case. People involved have been 'brought in to give evidence' (confirming that I did nothing wrong, thankfully).

I fully understand about cliques and office politics, but I can't help but feel very angry that I literally come in on time every day, do nothing but the work I am paid to do (I'm simply too tired for gossip and messing around on the internet), and yet I am the one being punished and having to deal with the fallout of their intrusions.

I find it really stressful. Other people working there have thicker skins and I've been reassured by the managers that they believe I am not trying to cause trouble. I have reverted to secondary school mode where I keep my head down and say nothing, and report nothing. I am not a special little snowflake, I do not require special treatment, I just need to be left to get on with what I'm being paid to do.

Obviously my health issues are causing me grief as well and this might be another reason why I am finding it difficult to cope. Unfortunately I made the mistake of posting my upset on facebook which lead to an unhelpful comment from an acquaintance implying I am stupid for posting it on my personal facebook page. Obviously I have restricted the post, named no names, I don't even state where I work, I even use an alias on facebook. But it has just made my mood even lower.
In the age of social media where all my friends are spread across the country, it's very hard to find someone to confide in. The support of people I know and like is very important now in maintaining my mental wellbeing, as I am sure it is for many people.

In fact, this unhelpful facebook comment has possibly made me even more unhappy than the incidents at work that prompted my status.

I understand I need to step back, put it into perspective, calm down. But the problem is I can't do that. I wish it were that easy! I do not know how to help myself, so instead I am posting here and probably digging an even bigger hole for myself!

Laura said:
I am often told off for 'having a moan' at things that I think are unjust. Unfortunately this is just the person I am.

Just to quote your last post so you know I've responded. You are not alone in this.

I was discussing this matter with a behavioural psychologist today... my behavioural psychologist to be totally frank lol! This is a huge frustration and issue I am having at present, you are suffering at the hands of the present trend of "put up and shut up" management style - where people are afraid to air their views and are almost made to feel they aren't entitled too.

I have also been accused of somethings by someone I work alongside which, like you, take only a moment to disprove, but instead of that actually correcting the broader issue they carry on regardless.

This is endemic nowadays across many industries. You are not wrong to feel frustrated or annoyed by your experiences, and your inner frustration is built from a sense of wishing your workplace to be fair minded and reasonable - which is of course, fair minded and reasonable!

Other than going on a rampage across Britain to tear into utterly atrocious backward stupid management (which, I am very tempted to do) there isn't much that can be done about it.

Based on what you have said, I really just wanted to assure you that there's not really anything unnatural or unreasonable about how you are feeling.

Thanks, I would hope that people who don't want to read my moaning will just skip over it. If you can't say anything helpful then don't say anything at all, although I'm just as guilty of saying stupid stuff myself. I doubt the unhelpful facebook comment made the poster feel any more happy or fulfilled as a person but it made me feel considerably worse.
Hard as it may be to believe, I don't believe the world owes me something, but that doesn't make it any easier when things don't go smoothly!

Thank you for the vote of confidence, I needed it.

A tad late, apologies.

Laura said:

I've been having problems at work which have highlighted my unsuitability for office work, really.

Are you really unsuitable or are the others just making you feel that way?

There is a group of people (mostly younger than me) who have been brought in since I started. They are a clique. They are gossipy, make snide comments at peoples clothes/chat/choice of font on Word, and time-wasters. I have made no mention of any of this to anyone, there are managers to deal with that and I am not a muck-stirrer.

I'll never understand people who do this. I just ignore it.

However, recently they have started making it my business by making up lies about me and other members of staff. Accusing me of things, sticking their noses into my business and 'reporting' me to managers for things that have nothing to do with them. This has lead to me being paraded in front of everyone and having a 'talking to' where I have had to plead my case. People involved have been 'brought in to give evidence' (confirming that I did nothing wrong, thankfully).

Bellendery (is that a word?) of the highest order right there.

I fully understand about cliques and office politics, but I can't help but feel very angry that I literally come in on time every day, do nothing but the work I am paid to do (I'm simply too tired for gossip and messing around on the internet), and yet I am the one being punished and having to deal with the fallout of their intrusions.

Because they are bellendery scums, normal people have to deal with the fallout unfortunately :/

I find it really stressful. Other people working there have thicker skins and I've been reassured by the managers that they believe I am not trying to cause trouble. I have reverted to secondary school mode where I keep my head down and say nothing, and report nothing. I am not a special little snowflake, I do not require special treatment, I just need to be left to get on with what I'm being paid to do.

Obviously my health issues are causing me grief as well and this might be another reason why I am finding it difficult to cope. Unfortunately I made the mistake of posting my upset on facebook which lead to an unhelpful comment from an acquaintance implying I am stupid for posting it on my personal facebook page. Obviously I have restricted the post, named no names, I don't even state where I work, I even use an alias on facebook. But it has just made my mood even lower.
In the age of social media where all my friends are spread across the country, it's very hard to find someone to confide in. The support of people I know and like is very important now in maintaining my mental wellbeing, as I am sure it is for many people.

In fact, this unhelpful facebook comment has possibly made me even more unhappy than the incidents at work that prompted my status.

I understand I need to step back, put it into perspective, calm down. But the problem is I can't do that. I wish it were that easy! I do not know how to help myself, so instead I am posting here and probably digging an even bigger hole for myself!

You shouldn't have to do anything, they've done wrong! I'd be livid with it all. Why should you suffer those people in work/on FB?

And we're ALL here for you :)

You are very patient and kind to reply to everyone's posts here, Tom!
I know my situation is not unique, and there are much worse things happening out there. Just trying to make the best of what I have, I am lucky to be in a job at all, but sometimes I wonder if life is too short for this!

Laura said:
You are very patient and kind to reply to everyone's posts here, Tom!
I know my situation is not unique, and there are much worse things happening out there. Just trying to make the best of what I have, I am lucky to be in a job at all, but sometimes I wonder if life is too short for this!

Tom is a bit of legend. Going to start calling him the TST agony uncle at this rate!! Although after every Aston Villa loss he kindly messages me to ADD to my agony rather than alleviate it ;D

TheMan said:
Tom is a bit of legend. Going to start calling him the TST agony uncle at this rate!! Although after every Aston Villa loss he kindly messages me to ADD to my agony rather than alleviate it ;D
He's not the only person who does that, remember. ;)

Jonathan said:
TheMan said:

No. You are right.

In advance of the Villa loss tomorrow I'm posting how crap I feel about it in advance.

TheMan said:
Jonathan said:
TheMan said:

No. You are right.

In advance of the Villa loss tomorrow I'm posting how crap I feel about it in advance.

My head hurts enough that I'd rather go to sleep.

My life isn't really going how I want, which I guess would make some people quite happy. I'm a lonely and sad individual, but jesus I am still better than you.

Where's that thanks button when you need it? Even when you are feeling down, Josh, you still manage to be funny. ;)

Thanks to a spillage of water on a flat surface, I have managed to slip over onto my back and massively bruise both my knees. Hobblin', hobblin' :(