• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

My first day at Selfridges went very well. It's a real nice feeling to finally have steady work after so long!

Also, it's now less than three months until surgery!

Got through my probationary period at work without messing anything up and im finally getting to scarefest in two days! :D

My new job at Selfridges is going great! Been there over a week now and really enjoying it.

Today, I was taken aside to be told that I am at the top of my group. Apparently I excelled in the interview, and have since shown that I'm more than capable of doing the job. They are even looking at moving me to a more advanced team :)

AshleeKel said:
My new job at Selfridges is going great! Been there over a week now and really enjoying it.

Today, I was taken aside to be told that I am at the top of my group. Apparently I excelled in the interview, and have since shown that I'm more than capable of doing the job. They are even looking at moving me to a more advanced team :)

That is brilliant news! Well done you!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Isn't it typical?
Job interviews are like buses - you wait ages for one that goes where you want it to, and then two turn up at the same time. That is to say, I'm fairly sure I was successful twice yesterday, and have just accepted a position at a really nice looking place, with a great atmosphere for a very well known company.
My 4 horrid weeks of unemployment misery (made a lot less horrid by Scarefest and you lot, obviously!) are at an end, and as of next week, I'm back in banking (behave :p)
Happy Will.

I've been given ten hours of overtime at work over the next couple of days. Six hours tomorrow on groceries and four on Friday on checkouts. Groceries is going to be completely new to me, but to be honest, I'm grateful for the extra shifts and the extra cash which will enter my bank account at the end of the month. Oh, and I also get paid on Friday. :D

I am rather happy as its my last night at work tonight and I then have a bit over a week off :)

Also the plans for my granddads book are coming together really well, I have found a book printer and they are a lot cheaper than I thought they would be. So I am really really excited about that. Not saying that I would have the book published in book form but it would be really nice to have some physical books for the family and I know there are some people that have said to me that they would love to read the book.

WillG said:
Isn't it typical?
Job interviews are like buses - you wait ages for one that goes where you want it to, and then two turn up at the same time.

Same here, only that I've gotten 5 in the last two weeks! :p

My next hurdle is looking into the copyright details for the book and exciting stuff like that. But getting closer to being able to get the books printed.

Looking forward to the weekend. What better way to end the season than at Alton Towers! :)

Woo new oven! Plus fright night was awesome despite colossus being on its last legs.

Team leader training starts tomorrow at work. Excited but nervous at the same time! Hope I don't screw up aha.

Lottie, I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

In other news, I've now got a new desk chair (my old one was falling to pieces :p) and a fantastic new TV. Now all I need is a PS4 - which, given the amount of overtime I've been doing recently, I'll probably be able to afford soon. :p

Oh, and Fireworks this weekend should be epic. :D

I had the most incredible weekend with all you guys at the fireworks. I went alone, which is a huge deal for me, and was completely looked after! I really got to know some of you better, particularly Saz, Rob, Lottie and Russell. It was just amazing. I feel very lucky! :D

I don't know if this is a good thing but the Sainsbury's Christmas advert makes me want to have kides