• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

As with any big project the book will not be sent to the printers yet as we don't want to rush the final bit. So its just proof reading again. (and again and again and again)
It would be best to get it right first time round rather than finding mistakes after its printed.

I hardly dare say it - but I think this might ACTUALLY be my last night of living in a Travelodge :)
I've spent more nights in this room this year than I'd care to count, but hopefully I'll be moving to a commutable office from Monday :)
10014604_10152365163120864_1613508884_n.jpg

Also, I've been doing nightmareworthy work all week, and worked four 10 hour+ days... but the end IS in sight :)

Jem8472 said:
As with any big project the book will not be sent to the printers yet as we don't want to rush the final bit. So its just proof reading again. (and again and again and again)
It would be best to get it right first time round rather than finding mistakes after its printed.

Do you need any help proof-reading? I tend to spot mistakes in published books (which drive me crazy), so I'm happy to help.

Thanks for the offer Amy but I think we are good.

Both myself and my brother are proof reading it, and he has not read it before, so I think we will be ok picking up the last little few bits. The only things I have found so far are just a missing full stop or a word that needs an s on the end. Really minor stuff.

I think I am holding up the topic on my own :p

Things seem to be getting more real by the minute with regard to the book.
I have registered a company, this is so we can get a business bank account which will allow us to link it with paypal so we accept more money.

The proof book should be with us very soon. We will hopefully get a website up and running and do a pre-order link. The last thing we want to do is get flooded with orders we can't cope with. So having a pre-order might help us manage how many books we will need.

I have also just e-mailed a guy at the local news paper (which I also work for :) ) with regards to getting an article printed in the Eastern Daily Press about the book. Hopefully he will be interested enough to do something.

It does seem that the more people we mention it to the more information we find out about other avenues to explore and that there could be a good local interest in the book.

Someone today mentioned to my Dad that we should also be looking at this book as a historical document. So on his next visit to Krakow (in May) he will visit a history university.

And we are off to Nandos in a little while.

:)

I'm FINALLY going to IMATS in June! I've been wanting to go for a few years now, hell I even bought a ticket for Jan 2012 IMATS but I couldn't then afford to go down and actually enjoy it. The lovely Ellie Fleet is joining me for the long weekend from Fri 27th- Mon 30th of June, if any of the London based lot fancy getting food, doing Merlin attractions, non Merlin things or shopping just let either one of us know. It's also more cost effective and easier for me to drive us down so we can go anywhere in the south if people want to join us.

So after waiting ages for overtime at work, I got a phone call yesterday asking if I could do eight hours today. Unsurprisingly, I said yes. This then turned into a ten-hour shift, after I was asked to stay for another two hours to go on checkouts. And to top it all off, I've got another hour-and-a-half on checkouts tomorrow on top of my normal four hours on a Sunday! I'm not complaining at all! :D

Well, the only complaint I do have is that these hours will be paid into my account while I'm in an Ibis near Reims for the night before heading to Walygator, but I can live with that. :p

Leicester City have been promoted to the Premier League, I am happy! ;D

Jonathan said:
Well, the only complaint I do have is that these hours will be paid into my account while I'm in an Ibis near Reims for the night before heading to Walygator, but I can live with that. :p
I think that's a good thing! Whilst the payday situation is going to be confused by the bank holidays, I'm rather looking forward to waking up one morning in Germany, suddenly a couple of grand better off :)
Though I suspect Herr Mack und al. are relishing that prospect even more!

It's not quite so much 'I feel happy' as it is 'I'm very tired but feeling a little bit content' today for me :p

I'm coming down to the conclusion that my brain is hard wired to adore theory/criticism and, thanks to my discovery of a few London based universities that have specific film theory courses, it's something I'm definitely planning on embracing fully in my third year (no sorries, production!) and as a career. But first to get this essay done and handed in so I can actually sleep!

Just renewed my car insurance and it has come down from £150 a month to just £50.

I'm going to university :p

Passed my assessment day and have just now revived my vetting check form for both British transport police and Merseyside constabulary. Apparently I scored in the top 20 for the assessment day and excelled in the stop and search exercise. This is something I never thought I would be able to do, and now its so close :)

Ben. said:
I'm going to university :p

Passed my assessment day and gave just now revived my vetting check form for both British transport police and Merseyside constabulary. Apparently I scored in the top 20 for the assessment day and excelled in the stop and search exercise. This is something I never thought I would be able to do, and now its so close :)

What are you hoping to go to and what course are you studying?

Policing at uclan, fda with the option to top up for full ba hons. Combined with a placement in the special constabalry in a neighbour county.