• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Been a bit concerned about an ex client/mate who hasn't been in touch since before covid.
We often go a year or two without contact, meeting up at an agricultural fair when we can, but it got to three years, and he changes his mobile more often than I change my socks, so no contact by phone either.

Phone call out of the blue, needs my address for the wedding invite.
I hate weddings,but will put the effort in for this one.
Party.

I've received the results for my second year with the OU.

Finance module (essay-based) - 81%
Maths module, where I kinda had to fudge the answer to one particular question in the exam - one measure says 94%, the other says 95%. Doesn't matter which one, really!

Guess I'll be celebrating at Towers this weekend. :D

Maths module, where I kinda had to fudge the answer to one particular question in the exam - one measure says 94%, the other says 95%. Doesn't matter which one, really!

Congratulations @Jonathan, those are fantastic results! You have definitely deserved a beer or three :D

Congrats Jonathan! Should treat yourself to a bit of Towers merch or even FastTrack this weekend. :)

Congratulations mate! @Jonathan

Congratulations @Jonathan, those are fantastic results! You have definitely deserved a beer or three :D
Well, I don't drink beer, and I don't usually drink on a Monday, but I think I might make an exception tonight.
Congrats Jonathan! Should treat yourself to a bit of Towers merch or even FastTrack this weekend. :)
I don't think there's a Fastrack queue at the Welcom-Inn... :p

That’s smashing @Jonathan! A huge well done, and have a great time at Towers!

I forgot to mention that I had a job interview this afternoon for a position at Manchester Airport. The interview finished just after 4pm, and I was joking with my parents over dinner about how this day could get any better (got a pointless answer while watching Pointless, job interview went well, and I smashed my OU modules). To my amazement, not much after 8pm...well, this landed in my inbox. I'm in shock. I was NOT expecting a response so quickly!

I forgot to mention that I had a job interview this afternoon for a position at Manchester Airport. The interview finished just after 4pm, and I was joking with my parents over dinner about how this day could get any better (got a pointless answer while watching Pointless, job interview went well, and I smashed my OU modules). To my amazement, not much after 8pm...well, this landed in my inbox. I'm in shock. I was NOT expecting a response so quickly!
That's awesome Jonathan, well done! They obviously are very keen to have you. :)

Congratulations @Jonathan; I bet that feels like the cherry on top of what was already an amazing day!

Out of interest, what sort of position did you apply for?

Airport Security Officer. Part of the role is to work in the security lanes, among other things as well. I'm still in shock at how quickly they responded!
Brilliant; given that Manchester has been our recent airport of choice to go to Florida from, I may well see you on the job whenever we (hopefully) get back to Florida!

Had a surprise phone call shortly after starting work this afternoon. It was my GP surgery inviting me to get my flu jab booked. Not something I was at all expecting, but I’m taking it. Must be because I’m in group 6 for the COVID vaccine rollout. Never had a flu jab before, so I’m a little nervous as to what I’ll feel like afterwards, but given how easy the COVID jabs were for me, I’d like to think I’ll be fine.

After over 4 years of having braces on, when it was meant to be 2, I have finally had my braces off today. It's such a relief and I'm so glad I can eat all the sweets your not meant to with braces again.
I nearly had braces on my bottom teeth many years ago to correct my lower left canine, which goes over my top set of teeth instead of under. The orthodontist at Treliske Hospital in Cornwall said it likely wouldn’t do much good in the long run, so it never went ahead. To be honest, it didn’t bother me then and it doesn’t bother me now, though I know it wouldn’t have been much fun for quite a while if I ended up with braces for a period of time. Having said that, I can really understand your sense of relief at finally getting yours off!

So in the past year I have been chairman of a local Charity (and will continue be so until April) and we just ran a Santa Float campaign across Chester and the wider areas. Going into this event I was worried I would let people down or I would simply run the event at a loss. Especially against last year when I believe we hit lightning in a bottle of getting people outdoors simply because we were one of the few events not effected by Lockdown.

So between 15 of us we've managed to put in 600+ hours, covered 50 miles on foot, covered 8 suburbs of Chester, delivered 19 Christmas trees from Santa, take part in the Chester Parade, donated a wheelchair to a lady in need, visited multiple schools, got Santa to speak to a dying lady in isolation, visited a homeless families charity and handed out gifts, got a Westminster branded complaint letter from my local MP, got pelted with potatoes, received countless messages of thanks and we raised at least £5K of which every penny will be donated back into the local community.

Funniest moment was clearly when a lady quickly opened her blinds for her new born baby to wave at Santa. Lovely touching stuff, however our driver nearly crashed his car laughing when he happened to notice the gentleman's appendage on the TV in the background. Top Tip - Don't open your curtains when watching Naked Attraction!

Being able to call this event a success when I've struggled with physical and mental health this year, worked crazy hours to make this event happen, renovated a house in tandem and lost a grandparent in October, is crazy but it's happened. I may have cried a little. Relief definitely, but happy tears for sure!

AM-JKLXvxGscj5y2WVS3hbOQA3ZNGnQm8cteBig6l_VC8B7sS1TxPDU2U-x2I_2QSxkKvBwX5nasYUPSzAYAB8IMck7llhh_T8j0Hd6FPJwZU0Dobyc66BAml-bRT6YszK4NaF1GLAyizD3F1wA1nyQqdUUd0A=w1218-h913-no

Now to enjoy my own Christmas and not hear Last Christmas for the next 12 months!