• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Here's one for a happy new year.
I visit an ex client from decades ago who has special needs and few mates.
Visits may be delayed due to work and sickness, but they are never missed.
Had a whale of a time yesterday over a couple of hours...2 pints in 2 country pubs, catching up with the gossip of the last few months, pleased to say he has been naughtier than me for a change.
Felt a bit naffed off before the visit, felt a hundred times better after the outing.
After a five year build up, he is going to do Icon this summer.
I apologise for the swearing in advance, I remember the first return into the station on Shockwave at Drayton, every rude word ever, at top volume.

I have been working with my company for 6 months now, 5 of which have been spent trying to upgrade their Ionic app to the latest versioning (for those in the know it was on ionic 3 and we are now on ionic 6).

Last night was the first successful test for the app going out with a driver - I am very happy

I've been under investigation for lumps in my mouth (that look a lot like the mouth cancer photo warning ads on service station toilet dispoal toothbrush machines) for nearly a year, with various scans and aborted biopsies along the way.

Today was final scan day, and all clear nothing to worry about benign fatty lumps is the result. I didn't realise how much this was weighing on me, but walking out of there I felt elated, with a sudden optimistic outlook I didn't realise i didn't already have.

To the pub!

Slightly linked...I've been trying to get 2 small non cancerous lumps removed from my neck since the end of 2019.
Initial speedy analysis was excellent, advice overall was to whip 'em out asap.
One was done some time ago, the other promised "roughly six months after"...
Twenty months later, after making a polite little fuss, the consultant agrees I can now officially join his three months wait for surgery...
Funny that, only a three month waiting list, because it is going to take me three years to get the actual surgery done, with gentle pushing and repeated requests.

I have been starting yet another alternate history story on another forum site (an alternate Beatles history in case you are wondering) and so far despite my first attempt at trying something a bit different that is not theme parks or football, so far the reaction has been positive and there is demand for me to continue...wish me luck for good things to happen! :)

Most of you will know by now that I work in customer service for a railway ticketing company, and I love it for a number of reasons. When I'm the one who has to contact a customer service representative in my personal life, though, I can get a bit apprehensive (sent a query out earlier this week regarding something). The response I've received has been so good, and it's put me so much more at ease.

Most of you will know by now that I work in customer service for a railway ticketing company, and I love it for a number of reasons. When I'm the one who has to contact a customer service representative in my personal life, though, I can get a bit apprehensive (sent a query out earlier this week regarding something). The response I've received has been so good, and it's put me so much more at ease.
I'm glad to hear that, I had a good experience with my GP receptionist today as well which was a very welcome change! You know how they always ask you what it relates to, she actually apologised for having to ask an intrusive question and explained it's just for triaging routine vs urgent appointments. No one has ever apologised for that before. Predictably there were no bookable appointments but she was very sorry about that too and told me when the new appointments get released each day so that I can check the online booking system for them at the right time. I've had such bad experiences with GP surgeries lately it was nice to put the phone down feeling better about things rather than worse.

I'm glad to hear that, I had a good experience with my GP receptionist today as well which was a very welcome change! You know how they always ask you what it relates to, she actually apologised for having to ask an intrusive question and explained it's just for triaging routine vs urgent appointments. No one has ever apologised for that before. Predictably there were no bookable appointments but she was very sorry about that too and told me when the new appointments get released each day so that I can check the online booking system for them at the right time. I've had such bad experiences with GP surgeries lately it was nice to put the phone down feeling better about things rather than worse.
On the subject of GP surgeries, I had to go down today for a medication review (nothing to worry about). Everything was running to time. Was sat down after checking myself in for no more than a minute before I was called in to see my GP. From getting to the surgery to being called in, booking another review for four weeks' time, and paying for my new prescription took only 15 minutes (I'm not including the time it took to walk to the surgery and back - helps that the pharmacy is just over the road from the surgery). Very impressed with that!

The thing I was on about wasn't to do with my GP surgery, but it seemed worth mentioning in the context of your response. I did have to press the receptionist I spoke to with regard to the next review so I could have it with my named GP, but I made sure to stay calm & respectful throughout.