• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The I Feel Happy Topic!

Double-post from me, but meh.

As mentioned in the CamWhore thread in the Tavern, I finally got my ears pierced today. :D Only initially went for a consultation appointment, but I clicked with the piercer assigned to me pretty quickly, and she was very impressed with the amount of research I’d done beforehand. The wait of 20 years was definitely worth it.

Double-post from me, but meh.

As mentioned in the CamWhore thread in the Tavern, I finally got my ears pierced today. :D Only initially went for a consultation appointment, but I clicked with the piercer assigned to me pretty quickly, and she was very impressed with the amount of research I’d done beforehand. The wait of 20 years was definitely worth it.
Well done @Jonathan! From your previous posts, I knew how much you wanted to have your ears pierced!

Well done @Jonathan! From your previous posts, I knew how much you wanted to have your ears pierced!

Indeedy! I only went for a consultation appointment today, but I eventually decided to go ahead with it. Helped that I got on pretty well with the piercer assigned to me - we clicked almost immediately. She was impressed with the amount of research I’d done, and was very clear about what was going to happen at every stage of the process. I hardly even flinched during the whole thing, which really surprised me. It was nowhere near as painful as I thought it might be too, which definitely helped. Think it goes to show I’ve got more courage to do things than I think!

I have a week off work. Yay. Me and the wife are heading to Glasgow so I will probably be most northern person on this forum for a week. Not sure how much I’ll be online here but I’ll try.

Pretty sure Glasgow is more northernly than Fife though, although my Scottish geography isn't exactly great.
Glasgow is on the west coast, Fife is on the east coast just north of Edinburgh and pretty much the Scottish version of Cornwall given how Fifers have their own identity and how mocked by the rest of the country seen as six fingered inbred farmers. My advice coming to Scotland is if you want to go to the best bits, avoid where all the people live, Glasgow is hell on earth with football maniacs and loudmouth folk who sadly make up most of our media...Edinburgh folk are just rich snobs who have a ego complex. Yes, us Fifers have it rough from all corners and don't get me started on the scumbags of Dundee north of us who for some reason hate us Fifers the most and think we're all farmers.

If Glasgow and Dundee had a nuke dropped on both of them then the rest of the world could breath a sigh of relief.

Sorry to double post here but...
I have a week off work. Yay. Me and the wife are heading to Glasgow so I will probably be most northern person on this forum for a week. Not sure how much I’ll be online here but I’ll try.
We'd be on the same line roughly so we'll both be the most northern folk on here.

Sorry to double post here but...

We'd be on the same line roughly so we'll both be the most northern folk on here.

That’s really interesting actually, in my head I always thought Glasgow was further north that Fife but looking at a map I can see that Glasgow is the southerly one. I’ve been to both places, about 12 years ago I did an epic road trip around Scotland with my wife. We went up through Gretna and visited Moffat, Glasgow, Oban, Fort William, out around the Isle Of Skye, up to Inverness, Ullapool and right up to Smoo Cave near Durness. We then came back down and went the other side over Perth, Dundee, St Andrews, and then through to Edinburgh. It was such a fantastic trip and we wild camped a lot if it. I do like Fife, the park in Dunfermline with the peacocks is a great place to visit.

That’s really interesting actually, in my head I always thought Glasgow was further north that Fife but looking at a map I can see that Glasgow is the southerly one. I’ve been to both places, about 12 years ago I did an epic road trip around Scotland with my wife. We went up through Gretna and visited Moffat, Glasgow, Oban, Fort William, out around the Isle Of Skye, up to Inverness, Ullapool and right up to Smoo Cave near Durness. We then came back down and went the other side over Perth, Dundee, St Andrews, and then through to Edinburgh. It was such a fantastic trip and we wild camped a lot if it. I do like Fife, the park in Dunfermline with the peacocks is a great place to visit.
You did St Andrews and Dunfermline...where all the tourists go to in Fife and as a a fellow from Kirkcaldy - or a Langtooner as you call a person from Kirkcaldy, the latter had been unbearably since they got city status and they compared to us get all the grants and attention while we get nowt which has seen us have rivalry with them for many years. Don't get me wrong, the park is nice in Dunfermline and all but I'd say go to Cupar as that is underrated IMO but the East Neuk of Fife is glorious and is worth exploring; our answer to the West Highland.

But the Kingdom of Fife is truly God's great gift to the British isles and being a Fifer is to be worn as a badge of honour and we have to fight for our identity or we'll get swamped by that ugly mob from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee who just see as a place to find a second home...yeah, you can see where many of the similarities are with Cornwall even down to our coal mining going the same way as the tin mining though the latter may have a slight chance with that compared to Fife. Do hope you head to Fife and maybe do the Links Market in April as that is the only time I can get some flat ride thrills on quite literally my own doorstep.

Parents have finally seen my ear piercings - didn't take them very long, which is unsurprising. Best of all is they didn't seem all that bothered about them. Mum did ask about the cleaning process, so I gave her a quick rundown on that. The one thing they didn't ask is how much it all cost. It was, in total, £120... :p

£120? o_O

Had no idea that was the going rate. Would've assumed £30 or so.
Depends where you go, I guess. Might be cheaper in somewhere like Claire's, but there's not a chance in hell I'd go there for a number of reasons. Piercing guns are an absolute no-no if you want to help the healing process. Best thing to do is find a proper studio that uses needles - much better way of doing it. Cost £40 for the two piercings themselves, then each stud was £40 each (the cheapest were £15 each, but I had my heart set on something a bit pricier). I know it's expensive, but they're black onyx cabochons set in medical-grade mirror-polished titanium, which is said to be one of the best metals for piercings. Was £115 on the day, as I'd paid a £5 deposit for the consultation, and that then got knocked off the overall cost.

As an outdoor worker and a close follower of the seasons, I love it when stuff lines up properly.
Saw six deer walking the dog in the local cemetery at sunrise, not seen them in ages.
The first proper day of my mowing season today, because of recent bad weather...took me ten minutes to load up all my kit, and then I settled in my chair for a nice cup of tea and t'internet for five minutes...
Then, for the first time this year, the sun manages to squeeze over the top of the hillcrest and get me right in the eyes from the side of the window, meaning I have to make adjustments to the blinds.
"Summer" screens in the window day.
It must be spring.

I'VE GOT EUROVISION TICKETS! :D

Greg Murphy GIF by GIPHY News